U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-06-2008, 08:18 PM

2,919 posts, read 7,319,036 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

Just back from a cardiac catheterization and have to have open heart surgery on Jan 16th to have a dacron replacement in place of the aorta off my heart. It's a large aneurysm that could burst at any time so no choice.

Guess I was lucky they found it (quite by accident) even if it means a scary operation and about three months of recovery time as they have to crack my collar bone to get to it.

I'd appreciate any prayers you could extend to help in my healing and amelorate the risk from the procedure. I probably won't be able to be on here much till the spring as I'll be staying at the Bf's so he can take care of me.

Thanks so much, Sgoldie
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 08:32 PM

Location: Boy, giraffes are selfish, just runnin’ around looking out for number one.
105 posts, read 245,544 times
You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please be sure to update us after, and let us know how great you're doing.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:35 PM

12,400 posts, read 15,045,437 times
Heavenly Father, I bow before your presence tonight on behalf of one of our cd friends. Lord I pray that you will give Goldie and her loved ones comfort and rest, and that your peacefulness will surround them as they wait for her surgery. I pray that you will guide the hands of the the surgeons and others who will be doing the procedures..Dear Father, we know that you are the great physician and the healing is yours to give..In Jesus name...amen

Old 01-06-2008, 09:18 PM

20,050 posts, read 21,034,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
Hi everyone!

Just back from a cardiac catheterization and have to have open heart surgery on Jan 16th to have a dacron replacement in place of the aorta off my heart. It's a large aneurysm that could burst at any time so no choice.

Guess I was lucky they found it (quite by accident) even if it means a scary operation and about three months of recovery time as they have to crack my collar bone to get to it.

I'd appreciate any prayers you could extend to help in my healing and amelorate the risk from the procedure. I probably won't be able to be on here much till the spring as I'll be staying at the Bf's so he can take care of me.

Thanks so much, Sgoldie
It was no accident they found it I will be praying for you. Please let us know how you are doing when you can.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:39 PM

2,798 posts, read 6,830,812 times
I will be praying for you as well. I'm sure you must be frightened, but just know that the Lord will be there to comfort you.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:54 PM

3,927 posts, read 5,744,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
It was no accident they found it I will be praying for you. Please let us know how you are doing when you can.
This is so very true. I will be praying for you as well. And I can understand the scared part, and will be extra earnest in prayer for you to have peace on the day of your surgury. blessings to you...

Oh Heavenly Father,

We come to You in Praise, Honoring You for being the great I Am. Creator of all things, the heavenly heavens and our precious Earth. Thank You, Father, for Jesus, our wonderful Intermediatery, whom is Your precious Son, thank You for His sacrifice for us. By His blood, we are healed from our sickness and sins.

You promise, Oh Father, that when we pray in earnest, and it is a heart felt prayer, You will answer our prayer. On that promise, I call out Your Heavenly and Holy name for our friend as she prepares for a major heart surgury. Hear her cries oh Father, as she reaches for Your embrace, allow her to have peace as she goes for surgury, knowing her heart is pure and loving. Heal her heart and help her to recover quickly.

Your grace is never ending, Your love is everlasting, Your Word is truth. Forgive us, Father, for our sins and help us to overcome them, learning from them so as to not repeat them.

We thank You Father and Praise You and Call Your Name Above All.

In Jesus name...amen

Old 01-07-2008, 04:40 AM

7,467 posts, read 7,149,184 times
June shall be sending well wishes and healing thoughts your way!

Take gentle care.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:19 AM

6,597 posts, read 8,745,039 times
Good Luck!

Old 01-07-2008, 05:53 AM

3,540 posts, read 4,281,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Heavenly Father, I bow before your presence tonight on behalf of one of our cd friends. Lord I pray that you will give Goldie and her loved ones comfort and rest, and that your peacefulness will surround them as they wait for her surgery. I pray that you will guide the hands of the the surgeons and others who will be doing the procedures..Dear Father, we know that you are the great physician and the healing is yours to give..In Jesus name...amen

Amen.......

Old 01-07-2008, 08:51 AM

8,640 posts, read 14,780,597 times
Will also be praying that all goes well for you. My dh had open heart surgery about three years ago. He had never had surgery or even been in the hospital apart from a tonsillectomy at age 3. He also describes himself as a "pain wimp." It was a tough surgery, but he came through and recovered really well. Wishing the same for you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality