Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2015, 03:52 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,916,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
When? Since it is prophesied, you should be able to set at least an outer limit on it. We can then reconvene and discuss. And you can say you told me so.

Just name the time.

Only the Father knows the day and hour--- next = Whenever they are saying peace and security--sudden destruction will be upon them( Babylon the great) this triggers the tribulation, then Har-mageddon. Gods kingdom taking control of all creation forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 04:06 PM

511 posts, read 508,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpingfalcon View Post
I dont know why.. I have nothing against them or other religions.. But I find them to be a bit.. well.. Thinking there better than everyone else. I feel they want to change the world for the better however, a world with no freedom any more.. What do you think?

THIS IS NOT A HATE THREAD! AND I WILL REPORT IF HARASSMENT AGAINST RELIGIONS
So only you get to bash them saying they feel they are better than everyone else and if anyone says a word, you are gonna report them?

Wow, I've never seen a post like this before on CD!!

Old 05-09-2015, 08:06 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I explained rev 13 to you--this had to occur--it has been now.-the 7th and final world power had to be in place.. then the fall of Babylon the great which triggers the tribulation then Har-mageddon.

Old 05-09-2015, 08:15 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times
I know a few Jehovah witness and they mostly hang with their own. Sure ,they make time to do their door to door thing. I make it a point to never talk religion with them . Most very religious people ( except for Jews) are always trying to convert you.
I wish people could just do their thing and quit trying to push it on someone else.

Old 05-09-2015, 08:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I know a few Jehovah witness and they mostly hang with their own. Sure ,they make time to do their door to door thing. I make it a point to never talk religion with them . Most very religious people ( except for Jews) are always trying to convert you.
I wish people could just do their thing and quit trying to push it on someone else.
Me too.

Old 05-10-2015, 12:20 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,348,504 times
Quote:
I explained rev 13 to you--this had to occur--it has been now.-the 7th and final world power had to be in place.. then the fall of Babylon the great which triggers the tribulation then Har-mageddon.
I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but Babylon fell to the Persians in 539 BC. There has been no Babylonian empire for 2559 years now. The city of Babylon itself is nothing but a ruin today; nothing but an archaeological dig. And Persians are not Babylonians. Not then, and not now. There are NO Babylonians left, in much the same way that the people who live in modern Mexico city are NOT Aztecs. There simply is NO Babylon to fall to anything. Now, try to work out in your mind how these facts indicate conclusively that whatever the author of Revelation was rambling on about, it has nothing to do with modern times.

Old 05-10-2015, 05:32 AM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times
Quote:
You will see it happen.
Can we assume you are addressing the regular members here? We have members well into their 70s. According to the lifetime expectations, they probably don't have 15 years left. Somebody, please make a note to come back and ask kjw47 what happened when 2030 comes and goes.

Old 05-10-2015, 09:44 AM

19,990 posts, read 13,470,976 times
Quote:
Only the Father knows the day and hour--- next = Whenever they are saying peace and security--sudden destruction will be upon them( Babylon the great) this triggers the tribulation, then Har-mageddon. Gods kingdom taking control of all creation forever.
If no man knows the day or hour then nothing has been prophesied. Vague predictions that could be true of any age or any political power, with no specifics including dates attached, prophesies exactly nothing.

Old 05-10-2015, 09:46 AM

19,990 posts, read 13,470,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Can we assume you are addressing the regular members here? We have members well into their 70s. According to the lifetime expectations, they probably don't have 15 years left. Somebody, please make a note to come back and ask kjw47 what happened when 2030 comes and goes.
By 2030 if he's still around he will have simply moved the goalposts. Or actually, as he has it set up, the goalposts move themselves. We could come back on 2030, 2050, 2070, and he'd still be invested in the same open-ended narrative.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:45 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,348,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
By 2030 if he's still around he will have simply moved the goalposts. Or actually, as he has it set up, the goalposts move themselves. We could come back on 2030, 2050, 2070, and he'd still be invested in the same open-ended narrative.
For those who don't recall, the year 2000 was widely touted to be the time of the second coming of Jesus. Fundamentalist Christians in the late 1990's were absolutely adamant that the new century would immediately usher in the return of Christ. And of course there was the whole K2,000 global computer crash scare that would send the entire world literally back to the dark ages because all of the power grids were supposed to fail. After New Year's 2,000 passed and nothing special occurred, many of the fundies I talked to were certain that the wheels were in motion and the return would become obvious any day. I use to ask the question, "If we get to 2015 and nothing has changed, can we then safely assume that no end of times return of Jesus is underway?" And the answer was that we would never see the year 2015.

I'm 66 years old now, but my health is excellent and my chances of making it to 2030 are reasonably good. And if I make it, as you say, the goal post will have been rolled back yet again. All I can say to the hard core fundamentalist Christians is to hold on. The end of the world comes to us all, eventually. And for each of us, the afterlife is those collection of events which will occur after we die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality