Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2015, 04:42 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Well that is true and they are mirrored by the liberal believers too. Liberal unfundies if you will. Two sides of the same coin.

Neither "side" really pays attention to God or facts.
Alas, it 'tis those pesky facts that really define God...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 08:20 AM

19,999 posts, read 13,480,828 times
Quote:
Nope. I can be wrong. However a genuine study would be able to provide verifiable and testable evidence I was wrong.

I started my study with an inclination toward one belief and after studying what scholars and historians presented as testable and verifiable evidence, and the scholars believed what I was inclined towards, I found ... it was false. Most people do a study with those who believe as they do and only get superficial info on opposing views. In my case the "opposing" views were in conflict with the testable and verifiable evidence those supporting the view presented.
Good for you. So we can conclude that your beliefs are at least more informed than average.

Testable, verifiable evidence is always in short supply when it comes to theistic ideation. You should share sometime what evidence this is.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:04 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Good for you. So we can conclude that your beliefs are at least more informed than average.

Testable, verifiable evidence is always in short supply when it comes to theistic ideation. You should share sometime what evidence this is.
Thank you.

I did post some evidence a few pages back on translating John 1:1 and it is just the tip of the iceberg. The vast majority of the translations were from ...... Trinitarians. Their teachers never show them a fraction of what is available on the issue. They don't dare.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Alas, it 'tis those pesky facts that really define God...
Yes the facts he provides.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:49 PM

19,999 posts, read 13,480,828 times
Quote:
Thank you.

I did post some evidence a few pages back on translating John 1:1 and it is just the tip of the iceberg. The vast majority of the translations were from ...... Trinitarians. Their teachers never show them a fraction of what is available on the issue. They don't dare.
Oh. Well Unitarianism is probably something I would subscribe to if I had remained a theist. I think it's a moderately more justified position within Christian theism, and sure, trinitarians being the victors in the dogma wars, like all victors, got to write the history of their conquest, influence the translations, and the interpretations.

But I took evidential standards and requirements quite a bit beyond that.

Old 07-13-2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Oh. Well Unitarianism is probably something I would subscribe to if I had remained a theist. I think it's a moderately more justified position within Christian theism, and sure, trinitarians being the victors in the dogma wars, like all victors, got to write the history of their conquest, influence the translations, and the interpretations.

But I took evidential standards and requirements quite a bit beyond that.
We should. In the case of John 1:1 as an example, the Greek language/grammar is against the trinitarian version, the trinitarian scholars agree on it not being quite what people think it is and similar verses with the same word, syntax are translated in harmony with grammar and only John 1:1 is not translated in harmony with the others.

I have done the same with Evolution, as an example, and it also fails when the evidence is examined in the light of the facts involved. Genetics is really destroying that "belief".

Old 07-13-2015, 07:15 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Yes the facts he provides.
God actually provide NOTHING. It was MEN who composed the books and gave God the credit--much like a Stephen King book where he gives the credit to Richard Bachman--just doesn't prove Bachman is REAL or that Bachman actually wrote or provided the material for the book.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:49 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
We should. In the case of John 1:1 as an example, the Greek language/grammar is against the trinitarian version, the trinitarian scholars agree on it not being quite what people think it is and similar verses with the same word, syntax are translated in harmony with grammar and only John 1:1 is not translated in harmony with the others.

I have done the same with Evolution, as an example, and it also fails when the evidence is examined in the light of the facts involved. Genetics is really destroying that "belief".

Old 07-14-2015, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Looking up to God now are you?

Old 07-14-2015, 09:38 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Looking up to God now are you?
You really do have delusions of grandeur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality