Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2015, 10:09 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,485,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Seems like a RC style hierarchy....
It is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 12:29 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,149,521 times
Allegations of JWs being false prophets are certainly misleading. JW doctrine has been and currently is based on scripture that gifts of inspired prophesying, direct communication from God, and special knowledge ceased after the Apostles died.
Notice the following excerpts from the Watchtower:

"We have not the gift of prophecy." - January 1883, page 425
"Nor would we have our writings reverenced or regarded as infallible." - December 15, 1896, page 306.
"The brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers. (2 Tim. 3:16) And so, at times, it has been necessary, as understanding became clearer, to correct views. (Prov. 4:18)" - February 15, 1981, page 19

JWs don't consider themselves prophets in the sense of how detractors suggest. Publically declaring what is already found in scripture is not falsely prophesying. Additionally, detractors should be very sure what is a prophet, what is false prophecy and what is a false prophet because so far what I have read people use the word false prophet without understanding what it truly means. One should consider that the apostles themselves were patiently corrected by Jesus when at times they misunderstood scripture. Would they be considered false prophets?
Jonah the prophet prophesied that in 40 days Nineveh would be destroyed? Was Nineveh destroyed? Is Jonah then a false prophet?
Isaiah prophesied that King Hezekiah would die when he fell ill. Did Hezekiah die from his illness? Is Isaiah a false prophet?

As for "apostates" not sure what their beef is. I was a former Catholic yet I don' feel a need to lambast Catholics or Catholicism. Let YHWHs inspired word speak for itself. I have found a path that works for me and helps me to be at peace with God. I suggest that people whether they be ex JWs, ex Catholics, ex Mormons or ex whatever find a path that makes them better human beings and move on.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:43 AM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
As for "apostates" not sure what their beef is. I was a former Catholic yet I don' feel a need to lambast Catholics or Catholicism. Let YHWHs inspired word speak for itself. I have found a path that works for me and helps me to be at peace with God. I suggest that people whether they be ex JWs, ex Catholics, ex Mormons or ex whatever find a path that makes them better human beings and move on.
Amen.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:13 PM

205 posts, read 119,860 times
Quote:
=helpingfalcon;37970194]I dont know why.. I have nothing against them or other religions.. But I find them to be a bit.. well.. Thinking there better than everyone else. I feel they want to change the world for the better however, a world with no freedom any more.. What do you think?

THIS IS NOT A HATE THREAD! AND I WILL REPORT IF HARASSMENT AGAINST RELIGIONS
My friend, my message is more along the line of a warning, than hatred. I DON'T hate!

But they are a cult, not a formal religion, and here's why:

While they employ some of the same terminology we do such as "God"/ god

Christ [not Son of God] but a prophet

God the Father who they teach by actual sexual union had to sons Jesus and unnamed [by me]

Use the bible as weapon to establish their credibility; but use the Book of Mormon for their services, and so on.

So no I don;t hate them. They are indoctrinated to teach as they do, and one has to be firmly grounded in OUR Faith in order to be able to defend it against them. We ought to be to dispute their theological claims with clarity and charity and facts; and pray for them. Amen

Patrick for Christ

Old 11-04-2015, 01:21 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick for Christ View Post
My friend, my message is more along the line of a warning, than hatred. I DON'T hate!

God the Father who they teach by actual sexual union had to sons Jesus and unnamed [by me]

Use the bible as weapon to establish their credibility; but use the Book of Mormon for their services, and so on.

So no I don;t hate them. They are indoctrinated to teach as they do, and one has to be firmly grounded in OUR Faith in order to be able to defend it against them. We ought to be to dispute their theological claims with clarity and charity and facts; and pray for them. Amen

Patrick for Christ
When did the JW's start using the Book of Mormon.

If you want to say rude things about the Mormon's. There's usually a thread for that. This forum is filled with people anxious to say rude things about the Mormons.

p.s. That's considered religion bashing so I suggest you read the stickies at the top of these threads and not do it. You're welcome.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:52 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:

Patrick for Christ

You should learn what the bible teaches

Which is the cult to Jesus??
Mark 3:24-26--a house divided will not stand=33,000 trinity based religions
1Cor 1:10-- a worldwide brotherhood, unified in love, peace and thought-no division. = JW,s

think about it. Jesus' truths are the authority.
Jw,s do not teach Jesus was a prophet--they teach he was Gods son, sent by God= the Messiah--he is our king.
No we never use the book of Mormon--- do you know what you are talking about?

Old 11-04-2015, 02:22 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
OMG! That's hysterical!

I hope you realize, Patrick, that in a matter just of three posts, you have lost all credibility. You don't even know the difference between the denominations you're bashing. Better go back and do your homework, pal.

Last edited by Katzpur; 11-04-2015 at 02:34 PM..

Old 11-04-2015, 04:00 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
Allegations of JWs being false prophets are certainly misleading. JW doctrine has been and currently is based on scripture that gifts of inspired prophesying, direct communication from God, and special knowledge ceased after the Apostles died.
Notice the following excerpts from the Watchtower:

"We have not the gift of prophecy." - January 1883, page 425
"Nor would we have our writings reverenced or regarded as infallible." - December 15, 1896, page 306.
"The brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers. (2 Tim. 3:16) And so, at times, it has been necessary, as understanding became clearer, to correct views. (Prov. 4:18)" - February 15, 1981, page 19

JWs don't consider themselves prophets in the sense of how detractors suggest. Publically declaring what is already found in scripture is not falsely prophesying. Additionally, detractors should be very sure what is a prophet, what is false prophecy and what is a false prophet because so far what I have read people use the word false prophet without understanding what it truly means. One should consider that the apostles themselves were patiently corrected by Jesus when at times they misunderstood scripture. Would they be considered false prophets?
Jonah the prophet prophesied that in 40 days Nineveh would be destroyed? Was Nineveh destroyed? Is Jonah then a false prophet?
Isaiah prophesied that King Hezekiah would die when he fell ill. Did Hezekiah die from his illness? Is Isaiah a false prophet?

I don't what your definition of prophet is. This one works for me:
a person regarded as an inspired teacher or proclaimer of the will of God. We see it differently, fair enough.

"But Jehovah God has also provided his visible organization, his "faithful and discreet slave", made up of spirit-anointed ones, to help Christians in all nations to understand and apply properly the Bible in their lives. Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication that God is using, we will not progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do." Watchtower 1981 Nov 15 p.27

the JWs call ALL other religions false religion and claim they are under Satan's control. They even call other Christian churches Christendom and refer to them as the harlot that rides the wild beast.

Jehovah Reveals What talk about lambasting. The reason you speak up and go door to door is similar to why I continue to speak out. Except for you are trying to lead people to eternal life and I am trying to bring attention to the abuses going on inside the Society.

Different paths?

"Do not conclude that there are different roads, or ways, that you can follow to gain life in God's new system. There is only one. There was just one ark that survived the Flood, not a number of boats. And there will be only one organization- God's visible organization - that will survive the fast-approaching "great tribulation." It is simply not true that all religions lead to the same goal … You must be part of Jehovah's organization, doing God's will, in order to receive his blessing of everlasting life." You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth p255.

Since both you and my mother are Catholic converts I would like to ask you a question. Why is it OK for you to leave the religion you were raised in, but if the child of JW parents do it they face shunning?

Old 11-04-2015, 04:07 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
It is.
Wondering where the lions are?...

Old 11-04-2015, 04:20 PM

39 posts, read 40,809 times
Hey. !
I love absolutely Jehovah’s Witnesses people and have met many of them in my life.
They are really, really y nice people . I have had great times visiting with them and I know that ----- Around the world Jehovah’s Witnesses are helping people and making the world a better place to so, so many people in need.

However Just because I disagree with their teachings and faith and believe that their FAITH is not found in scriptures. Just because I do not agree with them, does not mean that I do not have great things to say about Jehovah’s Witness People. They are *( Men and Women who are beautiful and really, truly wonderful people.

But - One of the many things that I disagree with Jehovah’s Witnesses about is their faith about the 144,000 Virgins in the Book of Revelation. Chap 14: and Verse 4

Rev 14:4 Says - These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the first fruits unto God and to the Lamb.

I see that The 144,000 Virgins - are Women. { Females.

Rev 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins.

Notice the The Greek word - “ with - meta “ in the above Phrase - not REALLY Saying - defiled with women.

Think bout it. The Original Greek Scriptures are not saying that these Virgins have not been Defiled with women. *( Sexually not involved with other women....

The Original Greek is Actually saying that These Virgins / Woman were not Defiled Among Women. The Greek Word - is - Among Women. There is a huge Difference between saying - Defiled With Women and saying Defiled Among Women. They are Woman / Female virgins, who are taken OUT - from Among other defiled Woman of the Earth at a certain times or events in History - when other woman around them were defiled. And these specific women *(SPECIFIC WOMEN are VIRGINS ) and have not been Defiled among Woman * They are Virgins.

The Scriptures are not Saying that these Virgins had abstained from having seX with other woman - but that these Virgins had not been Defiled Among Woman. Lets Look at the Difference between saying - Defiled With Women and saying Defiled Among Women.

This Greek Word meta - met-ah' -_ is the Greek 3326 μετά

Meta - met-ah' Meaning accompaniment; “ with - which it is joined; occupying - among - Together -

This Greek word Meta is used in Verses such as Rev 21:3 God..... He will dwell with *( Meta ) them, and they shall be his people.

The fact that God is with them does not mean that They are Sexual partners with God. But that God will be Among or With them. The Verse is not saying that God will have seXual intercourse or have a certain type of Physical relations or perform any such actions of any kind with His people - but that he simply will Dwell with Meta them *( Among them.) accompaniment with his people.

This is what this Greek word Meta means. It does not describe a certain Action or Description of an action or doing. But that God would be Among or accompanying His people. The Greek word is Meta is a A primary preposition. Prepositions are words such as the words - Aboard, Above, Across, After, Against or Among...............

............................Such as “ She arrived “ After “ dinner,” A Prepositions will not tell You what She was doing before or after dinner or how long after dinner she arrived ......... But Simply and ONLY - that She arrived after dinner.

One more eXample notice in Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet.

Notice the word with Meta in the Phrase . “with him the false prophet.”

The Verse is not stating that God will be taking the beast with the false prophet in sexual threesome. But that God will take them together and put them into a pit. The beast was taken with the false prophet. They were in accompaniment together but the verse does not state that they were having seX.

REMEMBER the Difference between saying - Defiled With Women and saying Defiled Among Women.

The Idea these virgins were Males is not found in the ORIGINAL manuscripts of the Greek - And I will show You more proof that they were Women.

Lets notice that Rev 14:4 also tells us that These Virgins *( Women / Females ) here - These *( Virgins ) were redeemed from men. But the Word “ Men “ here in the verse is not in Meaning or in Reference to a MALE But it is the Greek Word Anthrōpos or Anthropod Greek 444 Anthrōpos

Anth'-ro-pos - Meaning Manfaced, that is, A Human being: - Mankind. Humanity,

This Greek word Meaning a Human Being or Mankind is also Used in Mat 4:4 Man (* Anthrōpos)shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

The Greek word Anthropos / Anthropod does not Mean a Male seX But it simply means a Human Being. It can be used for either or both. There is a Greek word for Male and a separate Greek word for a Female and a separate Greek word for Humanity, Mankind.

The 144,000 in Rev 14:4 - are in fact Females - Women - Virgins who are not defiled among ( Meta ) women and were taken out of mankind *( Anthropods ) in the earth . There is no such a idea or concept of a Male Virgin. In the entire Bible, You will never find the idea of a Male Virgin. NEVER.

The Rev 14:4 verse goes on to say that these Woman / Virgins will be Singers for Jesus, *( The Lamb ) and Follow Him wherever he goes, Singing and Praising Him... They are Female, Virgins. Singers that Christ has Chosen.

Notice the Greek... Here. Mar 10:6 But G1161 from G575 the beginning G746 of the creation G2937 God G2316 made G4160 them G846 male G730 and G2532 female G2338.

The Greek Word Used in Scriptures for Male is Greek G730 ἄῤῥην, arrhēn / r-hrane meaning a Male.

The Greek Word Used in Scriptures for Female is Greek G2338 θῆλυς thēlus thay'-loos

Meaning a Female.. The 144,000 Virgins. Women - Not defiled among Women - taken O U T O F Mankind /Humanity

This word OUT OF is also used in Mat 14:13 - they followed him on foot out of the cities. This Greek word is G575 ἀπό apo Meaning “off”, away (from something of, off, (as a prefix) it usually denotes separation, departure. out of

The 144,000 Virgins. Women - Not defiled among Women - taken O U T - O F Mankind /Humanity

They were taken away from out of mankind,
There is no such a thing as a Physical MALE VIRGIN in the Scriptures.

Last edited by Laceyp202; 11-04-2015 at 04:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality