Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 04:55 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,611,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Wow-- calling Gods inspired word a lie-- I would hate to be in your shoes at judgement.
The over zealous judgement thing does not work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 05:08 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
Quote:
Wow-- calling Gods inspired word a lie-- I would hate to be in your shoes at judgement.
Don't worry. Been there - done that.

I passed.

Good luck on your review!

Old 01-17-2015, 04:22 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Such a shame--Gods word teaches if one rejects Jesus' anointed teachers--they are as well rejecting Jesus and God. Luke 10:16

How about "self appointed"?

Old 01-17-2015, 09:40 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,382,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Thinker View Post
I know several JWs who live near me. They seem no different than anyone else, unless perhaps a little more caring about their (non-JW) neighbors. But maybe, since I do not adhere to nay particular religion, t is because I have no doctrinal axes to grind with them.

Some JWs not from the neighborhood once rang the doorbell, but my 'canine chorus' discouraged them from staying or returning. Especially the basso profundo malamute. Sweethearts all, but quite loud at times. I was polite but leery of discussions with them since I know they would not appreciate my views on religion.
Dogs can be a problem for JW's, but usually they will go to the door anyway IF the dogs are inside.

Not having a doctrinal axe to grind is unusual on these forums.

I have also found non or ex JW's posting as JW's and being quite rude or fanatical to give real JW's a bad name. Strange isn't it.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:45 AM

23,124 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Quote:

If there is a God, then Trout sits in the exact same level as most Christians.

But there are 3 levels of heaven just as there are 3 sections of the Temple and Jesus shows us the difference between the sections. What difference is an Atheist over a Christian who stands against the commandments of God and the worship system of God? A Pagan and an atheist are in the same section.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:51 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,125,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Dogs can be a problem for JW's, but usually they will go to the door anyway IF the dogs are inside.

Not having a doctrinal axe to grind is unusual on these forums.

I have also found non or ex JW's posting as JW's and being quite rude or fanatical to give real JW's a bad name. Strange isn't it.
The dogs were inside. But have you ever heard a Malamute in full alert song? (They do sing, not bark.) Banshees get scared! Now throw in a Dobie and a Westie. Not a mean bone in any of them. But they can be quite impressive.

JWs are not supposed to read or listen to the teachings of other belief systems. (Not supposed to anyway.) Debating on a forum intended for that purpose is one thing but I do not otherwise try to push my thoughts on other people.

Old 01-17-2015, 12:07 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
How about "self appointed"?

I know Jesus appointed them--100% for sure.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Thinker View Post
The dogs were inside. But have you ever heard a Malamute in full alert song? (They do sing, not bark.) Banshees get scared! Now throw in a Dobie and a Westie. Not a mean bone in any of them. But they can be quite impressive.
Being an ex mailman I can appreciate that.

Quote:
JWs are not supposed to read or listen to the teachings of other belief systems. (Not supposed to anyway.) Debating on a forum intended for that purpose is one thing but I do not otherwise try to push my thoughts on other people.
Actually that is not true. They are encouraged not to read material from ex/apostate JW's, but may read anything else they wish to. In their magazines you will find many such quotes and at their headquarters their library contains 1000 of such books.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:30 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Being an ex mailman I can appreciate that.

Actually that is not true. They are encouraged not to read material from ex/apostate JW's, but may read anything else they wish to. In their magazines you will find many such quotes and at their headquarters their library contains 1000 of such books.

In my younger days I studied quite awhile took in much knowledge--but I smoked cigarettes--the guilt finally got me and I stopped going--- I read many apostate materials hoping the Jw,s were wrong---there were out and out lies in every single one being said against the JW,s. Then I realized the only way one can leave what they know is truth is by false reasoning within so they didn't feel like the walking dead that they are and could go on living and find joy in life.
I see it over and over from the such, they automatically believe every thing said against the JW,s--even with 0 proof they believe it automatically. very sad.
The JW teachers even have written books explaining what many religions teach, and prove the false teachings from Gods written word.

I joined a very nasty sight once--Carm.org---- many apostate book writers in there--the guy who started it hates the JW,s---- I started a post with 6 major teachings from Jesus--they all ran with their tail between their legs--because those 6 teachings back the JW teachers 100% and they could say nothing in return. yet still cling to their darkness.--this is why--2Cor 4:4

Old 01-17-2015, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Carm.org---- many apostate book writers in there--the guy who started it hates the JW,s---- I started a post with 6 major teachings from Jesus--they all ran with their tail between their legs--because those 6 teachings back the JW teachers 100% and they could say nothing in return. yet still cling to their darkness.--this is why--2Cor 4:4
Carm should be renamed "Harm" as the lies and distortions it presents harms those believing them.

As you said most accept what is written because they want it to be true not because it is.

I learned long ago to avoid an anti-anything site as they at best distort truth and typically flat out lie. Some anti-Mormons sites immediately come to mind as well as anti-christian or anti-creation sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality