Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 07:10 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times

Advertisements

I don't have Clue #1 about any aspect of what might constitute God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 09:30 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Luke. Ch 11
20"But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 21"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.…
Maybe this is clear enough to settle the debate.
I think Jesus said it all right here.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:35 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
To get a 'balanced view' of God...experience 'Him' for yourself, up
close and personal.
Words in books are just fingers pointing.

I describe a mango...doesn't quite do it...gotta taste and smell
and feel a mango!

Words are similar to a roadmap...a roadmap is not the actual
Disney World, guys.

Just sayin'.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:22 PM

360 posts, read 234,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
close and personal.

and feel a mango!

Disney World, guys.

Just sayin'.
If you saw the face of God you would be incapacitated for weeks, maybe the rest of your life.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:33 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
Some here talk too much suffice it to say God called the Godhead a mystery erroneously ( scripturally speaking) referred to as the trinity ,but alas the church coined it to communicate to dummies for the three persons yet one. In Genesis God says let US make man in OUR image (the big three!) Jesus even questioned the apostles " Don't you know the Father when you see Him duh? "If you have seen me you have seen the Father double duh! "I will bring you a comforter" Stop confusing the mystery you can't get !!
Oh, you believe in Oneness not the Trinity.

Jesus is the Father according to the verses you posted (or at least as you seem to understand them), not a Trinity.

Old 01-17-2015, 12:36 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
close and personal.

and feel a mango!

Disney World, guys.

Just sayin'.
I think also words in books are something we relate to and learn from with experience. Especially when it comes to spiritual words. Stories of encouragement, endurance, so many to list.
I hope no one misunderstood my previous post. When I saw this drawing I thought it was powerful.
The Finger of God. As it was said by Moses that the finger of God wrote the ten commandments. And now Jesus says he cast out demons with the finger of God.
There is relationship between these verses. The law is the knowledge of sin.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:11 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
John Chapter one: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

14 And the Word became flesh, and [k]dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.
The Word was God. The Word became flesh (Jesus). Therefore, Jesus is God come in the flesh. Pretty simple if you ask me.

And then this:

Read John10:30-33 --Jesus said, I and My Father are one.”
Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Manygood works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do youstone Me?” The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You ,but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

See what the Jews said in reaction to Jesus saying He and the Father were one.They knew what Jesus meant.

And look at what the Jews said in Luke 5:20-25--When Jesus saw their faith, Hesaid to him, “Man, your sins are forgiven you.” And the scribes and thePharisees began to reason, saying, “Who is this who speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God alone?” But when Jesus perceived their thoughts,He answered and said to them, “Why are you reasoning in your hearts? Which is easier, to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Rise up and walk'? But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the man who was paralyzed, “I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.” Immediately he rose up before them, took up what he had beenlying on, and departed to his own house, glorifying God.

The Jews were correct in saying that only God can forgive sins.

We have scriptures that say Jesus is God such as John 1:1--In the beginning was the Word, and theWord was with God, and the Word was God. And then John 1:14-- And the Word became flesh and dwelt amongus. (bear in mind that God can be in two or more places at once.

Phil 2:5-8 says: Let this mind bein you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did notconsider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation,taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedientto the point of death, even the death of the cross.

1Tim 3:16 says: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:

God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory.

There are a number of scriptures that state the same attribute for God and Jesus. Jesus and God cannot both posses these attributes, unless they are one and the same.

Compare what is said about God and Jesus:

As Creator of all things:
God:Genesis 1:1
Jesus:Colossians 1:16

As Savior
God:Isaiah 43:11
Jesus:Titus 3:6

The Alpha and Omega:
God:Revelation 21:6
Jesus:Revelation 22:13

The First and the Last:
God:Isaiah 44:6
Jesus:Revelation 1:17 & 2:8

Every Knee Shall Bow to me:
God:Isaiah 45:23

Jesus: Philippians 2:10-11

You are all misunderstanding what you are reading...

Old 01-18-2015, 08:15 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Oh, you believe in Oneness not the Trinity.

Jesus is the Father according to the verses you posted (or at least as you seem to understand them), not a Trinity.

Hmmm...Why is it only Christians that believe in the Trinity while Muslims respect and honor Yashua as a Prophet from G-d, and the Jews do not regard him as such...Both of these are strictly mono-theistic while Christianity is not, and Ironically was born out of Judaism as was Islam...

Old 01-18-2015, 09:31 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,546,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You are all misunderstanding what you are reading...
Explain. Do not simply dismiss.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:06 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times
If you folk believe the trinity is a man made concept (it is) why not dismiss all the other waffle which is just as invented?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality