U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-23-2019, 03:16 PM
Status: "Smacking fundies." (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
25,829 posts, read 13,421,966 times
Reputation: 11676

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
How did you know that?
I've spent a fair bit of time with them. And they've taught me a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-23-2019, 05:21 PM
 
13,493 posts, read 4,999,286 times
Reputation: 1365
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Everyone is forgetting the bigger picture.

Two of my children are largely neurotypical. Seven of my children show various levels of BAP (broad autistic phenotype) & both my youngest son & I are ASD with savant capability; formerly known as Idiot Savant.

We both possess Absolute Pitch & I have Atypical Hyperlexia; all confirmed by licensed, professional diagnosis. I suspect Luke is hyperlexic as well but he is severely autistic & can't be properly assessed. Attempts to determine his IQ have been unsuccessful as well.

You are free to believe as you wish but scientifically speaking, the broad autistic phenotype has been the process of evolution & is a superior phenotype necessary for humans to progress beyond the Industrial & Technological Eras. The evidencing of God & Darwin Evolution's coexistence.

ASD is an act of Man ... not God nor evolution. It evidences Man's continued inability to ignore the forbidden fruit. ASD is evidence of Man trying to play God.

The BAP is the non-pathogenic expression of ASD traits that help accentuate the capabilities needed to survive in the future. Increased technological adeptness is BAP. Technological addiction & dependence is ASD. Verbal communication decreased in preference for intuitive & sensory communication is BAP. Absence of verbal communication due to hypersensitivities is ASD. Increased ability to function outside of the 'pack' is BAP. Aversion to & dysfunction inside the 'pack' is ASD.

BAPs are necessary to avoid human extinction. The continued increase of ASD will ensure it.

ASD is an immune-mediated, multifactorial condition. Meaning multiple genetic factors plus an environmental agent that is causing an atypical immune response. Most of the potential extinction causing events have been diverted due to the human immune system. Unfortunately, there is no way to artificially change the evolutionary path of the human immune system, without impacting the very same genes that develop the phenotypes. That is impossible.

Man, in his desire to override God, has neglected to combat disease using the earth, wind, sky, water, plants & animals that he was given dominion over; in preference for meddling with ... Man. Autism is the only hope for a hair-of-the-dog style recovery. Only by the anecdotal evidence of Autism will we override the political & financial sway on science.

In this context; those with ASD, especially the most severe; are born martyrs. They didn't 'deserve' this; they earned it.

So yes, Arach Angle. Whether or not you were being glib, your savant-ness is being an 'idiot'. Savant capabilities are only found in ASD & easily explained by science:

The atypical immune response that initiates the autistic regression does so by disabling the immune cells of the brain, called Microglia. Normally, as the learning-based synapses of the brain develop, the Microglia function as 'gardeners' by pruning away old synapses to make room for the new.

When the Microglia are disabled, the synapses grow unchecked, leading to over-wired & cross-wired connections between what we sense & how we respond. This leads to the hypersensory experience in Autism.

The Absolute Pitch my son & I have is simply the result of partially pruned auditory synapses combined with extrasynaptic growth. An inherited musical talent confounded by synaptic overgrowth.

The big picture being forgotten is that it's not all about me. Or Luke. Or you. Whatsoever you do for the least of. That's what it is about. The question & the answer at once.
I am not person that feels that people have a right to an opinion any time they want. that belief taken to extremes is what keeps us in this religious nightmare.

of course the opposite is true too, but because we should not force only certain people's opinions doesn't mean we remove all limitations. that just insane.

there is no need to allow the least of us to destroy the rest of us either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2019, 05:36 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
22,509 posts, read 10,414,434 times
Reputation: 20336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I am not person that feels that people have a right to an opinion any time they want. that belief taken to extremes is what keeps us in this religious nightmare.

of course the opposite is true too, but because we should not force only certain people's opinions doesn't mean we remove all limitations. that just insane.

there is no need to allow the least of us to destroy the rest of us either.
Really. People don't have the right to an opinion...to freedom of thought?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2019, 05:50 PM
 
13,493 posts, read 4,999,286 times
Reputation: 1365
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Really. People don't have the right to an opinion...to freedom of thought?
i didn't say that.

i said not everybody has a right to an opinion anytime they want.

youre afraid, you have been afraid your hole (no "W") life.

I get it, I even understand. try not to make the rest of us suffer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2019, 08:39 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
22,509 posts, read 10,414,434 times
Reputation: 20336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
i didn't say that.

i said not everybody has a right to an opinion anytime they want.

youre afraid, you have been afraid your hole (no "W") life.

I get it, I even understand. try not to make the rest of us suffer.
Really? Here was your sentence: "I am not person that feels that people have a right to an opinion any time they want". Cut and pasted, not retyped.

Perhaps you don't know the definition of "opinion" -- "a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge". An opinion doesn't have to be expressed. But exactly when does someone not have the right to an opinion? Because if there are limits, how about we limit yours?

And by the way, with all you science degrees, you still don't anything about me, so quit making psychological judgments. You're not equipped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2019, 07:13 AM
 
13,493 posts, read 4,999,286 times
Reputation: 1365
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Really? Here was your sentence: "I am not person that feels that people have a right to an opinion any time they want". Cut and pasted, not retyped.

Perhaps you don't know the definition of "opinion" -- "a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge". An opinion doesn't have to be expressed. But exactly when does someone not have the right to an opinion? Because if there are limits, how about we limit yours?

And by the way, with all you science degrees, you still don't anything about me, so quit making psychological judgments. You're not equipped.
"...any time they want". is the important part phet. we can discuss what "anytime" means.

read the sentence and leave your emotional rampage out it. or at least ask politely.

You bring what I said to group and let them tell yo what i mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2019, 08:00 AM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
22,509 posts, read 10,414,434 times
Reputation: 20336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
"...any time they want". is the important part phet. we can discuss what "anytime" means.

read the sentence and leave your emotional rampage out it. or at least ask politely.

You bring what I said to group and let them tell yo what i mean.
No, I'm asking you. When it is that people are not allowed to have an opinion.

This is what you do all the time. You post, post, post, but then when asked a question you blather on without answering it.

So answer it. When is it that people are not allowed to have an opinion.

And by the way, just because you don't like to be questioned, doesn't mean that anyone is on a rampage. That's pure hyperbole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2019, 08:30 AM
 
13,493 posts, read 4,999,286 times
Reputation: 1365
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No, I'm asking you. When it is that people are not allowed to have an opinion.

This is what you do all the time. You post, post, post, but then when asked a question you blather on without answering it.

So answer it. When is it that people are not allowed to have an opinion.

And by the way, just because you don't like to be questioned, doesn't mean that anyone is on a rampage. That's pure hyperbole.
you didn't question, you told me.

you list situations where we do not have to listen to an opinion past it being a rant from people that don't know what they are talking about? you list a set of circumstances that we do not have to let people even speak.

If you can't, I was right about you.

and I stand by what I said. fear is the mind killer. Nothing that i say can't be crossed checked with people in the business. take what I said to group and see what they say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2019, 08:35 AM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
22,509 posts, read 10,414,434 times
Reputation: 20336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
you didn't question, you told me.

you list situations where we do not have to listen to an opinion past it being a rant from people that don't know what they are talking about? you list a set of circumstances that we do not have to let people even speak.

If you can't, I was right about you.

and I stand by what I said. fear is the mind killer. Nothing that i say can't be crossed checked with people in the business. take what I said to group and see what they say.
Once again, you don't answer the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2019, 07:09 PM
 
9,613 posts, read 4,601,933 times
Reputation: 5470
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Does anyone else find this offensive?

I sure do.
Me too. My autistic son has an IQ of 160.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top