Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2015, 03:57 PM

5,901 posts, read 3,789,037 times

Advertisements

[quote=Hannibal Flavius;38155693]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post

I am serious, many Jews have claimed that God has revealed himself to them, whose to say they are wrong?

YOU?

But let's consider that God has never revealed himself to anyone{He has}. If you are a man of science, and reason having logic, are you the one to say there are not any other Earths out there, and there are no life forms on any other Earths?

What do you suppose are the odds of there being a thousand Earths inhabited by other people?

That is what you would have to claim in order to say that there is no God, your claim would be that this Earth is the only rock with life forms in the whole universe.

From science and reason, this idea is not very reasonable.

Does the Bible show a spaceship coming to Earth and talking to men?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post

So many fallacies in this post, so little time.

This shows that I was the poster quoted but it was Hannibal's post, just wanted to make that clear. Me thinks someone needs to learn how to use the quote feature.

And you're so right Amaznjohn, not even worth the effort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 03:59 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,382,655 times
Quote:
Yes please enlighten us, inquiring minds want to know.
To be clear, I wasn't issuing bulma a challenge. In another thread, he openly (and bravely, I'd say) acknowledged that he doesn't feel a sense of purpose in his life. I just thought answering the question of how he had felt God touch his life might in some way alleviate some of the angst he seems to be feeling.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:11 PM

5,901 posts, read 3,789,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
To be clear, I wasn't issuing bulma a challenge. In another thread, he openly (and bravely, I'd say) acknowledged that he doesn't feel a sense of purpose in his life. I just thought answering the question of how he had felt God touch his life might in some way alleviate some of the angst he seems to be feeling.
Yes oh sorry didn't mean to imply anything other than I'm curious as well. I saw that thread and I just replied to it so consider me enlightened.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:22 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,382,655 times
Quote:
Yes oh sorry didn't mean to imply anything other than I'm curious as well. I saw that thread and I just replied to it so consider me enlightened.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:34 PM

566 posts, read 503,429 times
If Odd does reveal itself, would not the world's scientists claim it to be an alien entity? I mean, why not believe Odd to be an alien visitor, colonist, conqueror, or cook out for human meat?

How do we know the Bible's Odd, Adam&Eve, Angels, Satan, are not confused stories about alien visitors or law givers or exiled criminals ala Australia?

But say Odd comes to stand in Times Square, it would be arrested and taken to either Riker's or Bellevue for a psych exam.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:39 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Gomar Holnyuk View Post
If Odd does reveal itself, would not the world's scientists claim it to be an alien entity? I mean, why not believe Odd to be an alien visitor, colonist, conqueror, or cook out for human meat?

How do we know the Bible's Odd, Adam&Eve, Angels, Satan, are not confused stories about alien visitors or law givers or exiled criminals ala Australia?

But say Odd comes to stand in Times Square, it would be arrested and taken to either Riker's or Bellevue for a psych exam.
It would be odd indeed if Odd allowed that to happen. It would lead one to wonder if perhaps it was really the Anti-Odd.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:33 PM

675 posts, read 543,914 times
I am sorry OP, but this is the dumbest question ever. I just smh every time someone brings this up.

Do you even know what Christianity is founded / based on?

Faith.

If God literally showed himself then no one would need faith.

If anything you are asking the wrong question.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:56 PM

1,553 posts, read 924,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medellinheel View Post

I do ... childish superstitions...

Old 01-26-2015, 09:19 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,950,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medellinheel View Post
I am sorry OP, but this is the dumbest question ever. I just smh every time someone brings this up.

Faith.

If God literally showed himself then no one would need faith.

If anything you are asking the wrong question.

The concept of faith, or the belief in supernatural beings and events seems pretty dumb to me.
Why would anyone believe in creationism when science has proved it cannot be possible, for example.
The faithful are those who believe in their own delusions and try to convince everyone else, sometimes
by force, to do the same.

But you are free to believe what you want. It's not against the law to worship God, Allah, Scientology
or the Easter bunny. And I am free to say what I think of it.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:53 PM

675 posts, read 543,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
I do ... childish superstitions...
And you are entitled to think that. Just dont go asking dumb questions (like the one the OP asked).

Regardless of if it is true or not is redundant. The OP is asking the wrong question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality