Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 12:46 AM

613 posts, read 1,270,095 times

Advertisements

i have never had any vivid past life memories other then some deja vu but i would imagin that they have the same usefulness as memories in your current life. i would look at them that way. oddly though sometimes i feel like ive lived this life numerous times. i get memories of it, but its really hard to explain. so i won't attempt to and make myself sound mentally ill. edgar cayce did readings on peoples past lives and the people used the readings to find out where inlife they would be most useful happy and successful. they also used them as advise for certain decisions in their lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 05:06 PM

708 posts, read 1,295,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
When you have recall or memories of a past life, how do you use that? How does it serve you, help you? How do you make the most of it, without just getting distracted or bogged down in lurid details?

My general understanding is that these details only appear in my awareness when there is some usefulness for me in my current life. I also know it's easy for me to get distracted by the fascination of the details, and that can be a pitfall. How do you work with past life memories?

(Note: This is not a thread whether or not past lives exist, so please keep posts to topic, thank you!)
You should read some books by Brian Weiss, Brian L. Weiss, MD, especially his first book Many Lives, Many Masters. I think you will find all your questions answered.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:27 PM

638 posts, read 2,280,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
i have never had any vivid past life memories other then some deja vu but i would imagin that they have the same usefulness as memories in your current life. i would look at them that way. oddly though sometimes i feel like ive lived this life numerous times. i get memories of it, but its really hard to explain. so i won't attempt to and make myself sound mentally ill. edgar cayce did readings on peoples past lives and the people used the readings to find out where inlife they would be most useful happy and successful. they also used them as advise for certain decisions in their lives.
I read in another of your posts where you mentioned Cayce's Atlantis book. I love his books. After wandering around in metaphysics for a while it was recommended to me that I read his stuff, even though he looked at things from a very Christian perspective. Most of what he said went against much of what they teach in church because he could remember the past lives of his patients, and explain so many odd things that happen between people with some remedy from a past life. Strangely enough I find myself explaining some of these readings he did to my son. "These two college roomates couldn't stand each other. One would take his mattress and sleep in the hall just to get away from the other." Long story short, throughout the ages they had alternately been muslim/christian and been at war and had betrayed each other. In the current lifetime they came to terms and were the best of friends. So when my son has a problem at school I tell him stories like these, it always makes him think.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:31 AM

22,146 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory View Post
Long story short, throughout the ages they had alternately been muslim/christian and been at war and had betrayed each other. In the current lifetime they came to terms and were the best of friends. So when my son has a problem at school I tell him stories like these, it always makes him think.
I agree with you, I share these stories with all my kids while they were growing up, and it is a fascination with all of us. One of our jokes was that things we have an aversion to this life are connected to bad past life experiences. I was whining and complaining one day (AGAIN) about how much I hate going to the supermarket, and my 9 year old decided I must have in a past life met a horrible violent death in a supermarket. This is one of our hilarious running family lines.

Another way it's been helpful to both me and the kids, is "connecting with" past lives when we were experts in a certain area. Like one of my kids has always talked about being an architect and designing wonderful structures, like from when he was 4 years old on. About that time someone told him he'd been in Egypt in a past life, and he announced then and there that he had helped with the design and building of the pyramids.

It was a wonderful way as a parent to affirm and recognize a child's interest, skill, and abilities. It made perfect sense to him that if he'd done it before he could do it again, that capability exists within him, and that goes a long way towards confidence, self-esteem, belief in one's abilities, whatever you want to call it.

His high school drafting teacher singled him out for his skill in technical drawing and "for fun" his doodles on paper at home look to me like blueprints. When he was a toddler he would draw pyramids over and over, sheafs of paper filled with them. It was wild.

Interesting he is now at university pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering, and skilled in drafting and technical art designs. I am fascinated with this correlation.

I have even had professors tell me something similar, taking exams in a large old hall, one said, "If you don't know the answers, they are hanging in the very air in this room, just tune in and pluck them out, all the classes before you have broadcast the information into the air." It sounded airy-fairy, but it has helped me, what some call, go with the answer that presents itself, feels like it does draw on an already existing body of knowledge.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:48 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
I don't believe that anyone really has a past life memory because this is the only life they've ever lived. It isn't realistic to think that there is some essence of us as an individual that hops into another body after the one they're in dies. It would also seem to be necessary to have a fixed number of people in the world so that the assembly line of dying people and newborns could give those bodyhopping souls a newborn body to pop into. How could there be billions of people alive today and yet a few thousand years ago the total population was only in the millions? Reincarnation just isn't a rational idea.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
It would also seem to be necessary to have a fixed number of people in the world so that the assembly line of dying people and newborns could give those bodyhopping souls a newborn body to pop into. How could there be billions of people alive today and yet a few thousand years ago the total population was only in the millions? Reincarnation just isn't a rational idea.
back then it was just harder to get a body

Old 01-18-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
How could there be billions of people alive today and yet a few thousand years ago the total population was only in the millions? Reincarnation just isn't a rational idea.
There are way more non-incarnate spirits floating around; not every one chooses to enter a physical body, it's not an even-steven all the time. Generally people don't hop right back into a new body right away, but rather take time to process inbetween lives what the previous life was about, sort of a post game show.

And many spirits may choose to incarnate in one of any number of different life forms out in different galaxies in the universe, we aren't the only show in town.

I read somewhere that lots of spirits choose NOT to incarnate in a human body on Earth becuase it is such an unpleasant experience in many ways, compared to other more fun adventrues out there.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:58 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
DimSumRaja wrote:
Quote:
I read somewhere that lots of spirits choose NOT to incarnate in a human body on Earth becuase it is such an unpleasant experience in many ways, compared to other more fun adventrues out there.
Do you have any evidence or basis for your belief that this intergalactic bodyhopping is actually taking place? It just sounds like a fun thing to think about but it really seems far fetched.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
DimSumRaja wrote:

Do you have any evidence or basis for your belief that this intergalactic bodyhopping is actually taking place? It just sounds like a fun thing to think about but it really seems far fetched.
Too many strange things have happened to me that could not be explained otherwise. I either had to deny my experiences, or come up with a world view that made sense. So it sort of evolved that way. I'm really practical and need proof to satisfy myself before I'll embrace much of anything, I don't take anyone's word for anything, really. I need to validate it in my own experience.

Plus it is a way to expand what my mind can accept and understand, sort of going to the edge of my understanding, knock down the walls, and see what else exists. Other concepts that are fun and challenging to try to wrap my mind around are things like time is not linear, but rather all happening at once; so all my past lives are going on at the same time, and I am in all of them at the same time. This of course has history going on all together too. Not easy to grasp takes some getting used to.

Yes it is fun. Not only to think about but to experience. We are far more than just a body. Even science agrees we only use what 10 or 12% of our mind capacity and our DNA strands? We are a far more sophisticated vehicle and instrument than we appear to be!

Old 01-18-2008, 09:47 PM

Quote:
DimSumRaja wrote:

i don't understand your reality man, but you god so take life how you want. youre learning what you need to know. if your soul doesn't want to accept reincarnation or even that its a soul thats fine with me. i don't even think its bad. im not going to be the one that messes with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality