Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2015, 02:00 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,546,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Says who? Is it ever morally right or good for a person to torture a baby simply for their own personnel pleasure?
You seem to think that "pleasure" is the only reason one would torture a baby. Does this go for your own god, who has by all accounts tortured countless babies in addition to adults.

That would make your personal god a sick sob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
LOL!! Such hubris!

Built upon airy assertions and nothing else.
Quote:
You would know about that!
With all the hubris you constantly display a constant source is available to witness.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
No--it's not about just getting along.

If society decides that it is a good and moral thing to torture babies for no reason other than the individual doing it wants to do it for their own personal pleasure.....is that wrong?
Are you admitting that you would torture babies for your own pleasure except for what you think this god projection of yours doesn't like it?

Seek help.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:07 PM

18,485 posts, read 9,139,286 times
It's particularly ironic for Vizio to use the example of killing babies, isn't it? According to Vizio, the Christian God created the universe, so he can do whatever he wants, including killing babies. And in fact, the bible gives several examples of God doing just that.

Vizio, what do you have to say for yourself?

Old 02-20-2015, 02:09 PM

63,708 posts, read 39,984,544 times
Quote:
In the context in which God commanded it, no. It was not morally wrong.
You think it is? So what? Your opinion is no more valid than anyone else's. You have no authority to determine it to be morally right, or morally wrong. That's what it really comes down to. So to sit back and try to determine if something is moral or immoral without an objective, absolute standard? It's laughable. It's the blind leading the blind.
You clearly have no clue what an absolute standard IS, Vizio. It certainly is NOT whatever you think your God says or does!! That is caprice.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:11 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,163,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I certainly cannot have your morals nor do I wish anyone else to. I really don't care if morals are objective and absolute or subjective as long as they are moral.
The rest of the post is irrelevant until you can determine how to judge what is and is not moral. All you have is your opinion, which is no more relevant than anyone else's and is non-binding on anyone else.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:12 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,607,786 times
Quote:
OK....mothers protecting their young. Do they do it because it's the moral thing to do? Or do they do it because they're born with an instinct to do so? Do you believe morality is simply an instinct?
Does it matter? It seems a moot point. I believe my instinct in innate. That instinct leads me to survive in ways that protect others. The idea and actions involved in that instinct allows us to develop a code of morality. I do not think without that innate ability to protect we can have any morals.

It is the chicken, egg debate. Both here, both delicious.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
The rest of the post is irrelevant until you can determine how to judge what is and is not moral. All you have is your opinion, which is no more relevant than anyone else's and is non-binding on anyone else.
And the same can be and has been said about you.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:49 PM

63,708 posts, read 39,984,544 times
Quote:
You have been given the only truly absolute standard and you ignore it in favor of your capricious God's whims. An absolute morality cannot change from circumstance to circumstance based on your God's whim, Vizio. That is NOT a definition of absolute.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:52 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,163,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Does it matter? It seems a moot point. I believe my instinct in innate. That instinct leads me to survive in ways that protect others. The idea and actions involved in that instinct allows us to develop a code of morality. I do not think without that innate ability to protect we can have any morals.

It is the chicken, egg debate. Both here, both delicious.
So then you have no basis whatsoever for declaring anything moral or immoral. All you can do is give your opinion....nothing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality