Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 07:32 AM

3,402 posts, read 2,786,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
You do realize there are different kinds of love? I do not recommend having a "loveless" marriage.

A gay man could treat a women 1000x better than an inconsiderate ahole.

You seem to be looking at this from a narrow perspective.
You advocated homosexuals getting married to the opposite gender for the sole purpose of getting their rocks off while avoiding hellfire. Not love, not companionship, simply because in your mind passionless mutual masturbation with an opposite sex partner is more holy than doing it yourself.

That is what I object to. That is a demeaning, nasty way to ask people to live. The kindest thing anti-gay Christians can do is simply demand celibacy from homosexual believers. Don't try to "fix" them, don't ask them to pretend or live a lie, and don't ask them to use another person for their own gratification. If your god would accept that level of hypocrisy and selfishness, I don't think you are worshiping the same god as most of the believers on this board...

-NoCapo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 07:57 AM

750 posts, read 643,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
You advocated homosexuals getting married to the opposite gender for the sole purpose of getting their rocks off while avoiding hellfire. Not love, not companionship, simply because in your mind passionless mutual masturbation with an opposite sex partner is more holy than doing it yourself.

That is what I object to. That is a demeaning, nasty way to ask people to live. The kindest thing anti-gay Christians can do is simply demand celibacy from homosexual believers. Don't try to "fix" them, don't ask them to pretend or live a lie, and don't ask them to use another person for their own gratification. If your god would accept that level of hypocrisy and selfishness, I don't think you are worshiping the same god as most of the believers on this board...

-NoCapo
That's beside the point. Even if a gay man marries a woman, regardless of the reason, he can still develop a relationship and love them (not romantically obviously) and be caring, supporting, etc etc.

What you are suggesting Christians tell gay men is not logical or practical. I do not know a single man that can go without sex and masturbation. Hell, many can can't even stop masturbation when they are sexual active with someone regularly.

Now, my suggestion was extreme, but I do not see any other logical practical way for a gay man to be a Christian AND also fulfill his need to climax.

Even still no guarantee that would work, but it is a possibility.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:48 AM

25 posts, read 18,566 times
Never understood why hardcore "Christians" denounce gays. Doesn't the Lord say "love thy neighbour?"

Old 03-31-2015, 08:53 AM

37,441 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
... I do not know a single man that can go without sex and masturbation. .
You need to get out more.

Stop focusing so much on what you think are other people's sins.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:54 AM

37,441 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsenalFan2004 View Post
Never understood why hardcore "Christians" denounce gays. Doesn't the Lord say "love thy neighbour?"
Unfortunately the Christian community is saddled with these churches.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:55 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,509 times
I agree that it is naive to believe that everyone who marries each other is somehow ravenously in love, or sexually attracted to each other...hell, there are people who actually have sex with each other who arent even attracted to the other person...they just want a nut...im not buying this notion that if someone marries a person they arent madly attracted to then somehow the sky will fall and their partner will wind up leaping off a ledge somewhere..thats just pure drama queen behavior...people have been in entirely sexless, and some in even loveless marriages since the beginning of time, and the world hasnt exploded yet..lol...if your validation of your self revolves around every person you sleep with being madly in love with everything about you, then we have a lot of suicidal people walking around nowdays..and those people would have much more pressing mental issues to tend to, before worrying about marriage anyway.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:16 AM

950 posts, read 923,628 times
Quote:
should churches say....................." if it feels good , do it" ?

Jesus did say the greatest is..........." Love the Lord"
The second was............................" love thy neighbor"

What everyone " conveniently " forgets is the rest of the gospel where Jesus is asked..........." Lord, how are we to love you "?

The reply from Jesus was.............." keep my commandments"

One can not love Jesus yet believe............" if it feels good, do it"
( that applies to straight people as well as homosexuals )

Old 03-31-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
You need to get out more.

Stop focusing so much on what you think are other people's sins.
I am not the one who decides what is a sin or isnt. The Bible clearly states such.

The old saying, "If the shoe fits...."

Old 03-31-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
True Christians loves gays like every other subset of society. They just denounce gay's lifestyle.

Two different things.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:53 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
True Christians loves gays like every other subset of society. They just denounce gay's lifestyle.

Two different things.
no, it is not two different things. they are one in the same NEIGHBOR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality