Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 01:25 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,980,469 times

Advertisements

I am much more of a Christian than a Gay person. The Lord has created me and every one of us. He knew before we were born. Even though I was a sinner I gave my life to the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my saviour and best friend.

I never choose to be gay, but I can choose to act out or not of my desires. With that I do choose to be obedient to the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Lord Jesus has given me new desires and even though I not attracted to women, the temptation I used to have a hold of my in regards to homosexual desires is not big now as the past. Yes I get tempted but it not to the point of where I really fall. The Lord does provide a way out.

Even though the world is increasing becoming accepting of homosexuality and sees nothing wrong with it, plus more and more churches are allowing gay marriages, the Lord is the same God has not changed, and intentions of God for marriage and sexuality is the same today as they were in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 03:12 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,699,341 times
The wonderful thing is that you can choose to believe what you wish and live your life according to your own beliefs and values, within your own skin, within your own family and within your own worship. You should be aware though that your presumptions about God are reflection of a corruption perpetuated on humanity millenia ago, that has been progressively debunked for three hundred and fifty years, and shall continue to be further debunked as humanity becomes more spiritually mature and thereby become more so attuned to God's true message, which charges each person to be true to themselves, and recognizes that love is love and all love is God. So while God has not changed, the flawed human understanding of the nature of God has and shall continue to do so, and it is this ongoing revelation that shall prevail within society rather than the dogged reliance on reactionaryism. That need have no impact on your own life, within your own skin, within your own family and within your own worship, but shall affect your public dealings with others, an increasingly large number of whom choose to live their lives in accordance with their own beliefs and values, which, as a reflection of that ongoing revelation, naturally shall differ from yours.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:32 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,249,423 times
Just like you, I am also a gay man. I used to go to church every Sunday, and consider myself a good Christian. In the last 10 years it seems to me that Christians are waging a war with the gays. Some of the most hurtful things I have heard have been from the mouth's Christians. They seem to think that being gay is sin number one! You only have to look at what some of the so-called Christians have posted on here to see what I'm talking about. Just like you I was born gay, it was nothing I chose, why would I want to break my parents hearts? I don't think God made you and I that way as some type of sick joke, do you?

There are a lot of churches you can attend that will except you as being gay and a Christian. You have nothing to be ashamed of, God loves you. I do not think he wants to see you unhappy or alone.

Old 03-22-2015, 01:11 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Just like you, I am also a gay man. I used to go to church every Sunday, and consider myself a good Christian. In the last 10 years it seems to me that Christians are waging a war with the gays. Some of the most hurtful things I have heard have been from the mouth's Christians. They seem to think that being gay is sin number one! You only have to look at what some of the so-called Christians have posted on here to see what I'm talking about. Just like you I was born gay, it was nothing I chose, why would I want to break my parents hearts? I don't think God made you and I that way as some type of sick joke, do you?

There are a lot of churches you can attend that will except you as being gay and a Christian. You have nothing to be ashamed of, God loves you. I do not think he wants to see you unhappy or alone.
It doesn't matter which way you lust. Lust is a carnal thing. Lust is a sin.
Marriage as it is intended is between a man and woman. Man woman,man woman, man woman, And so on and on.
Fornication has one goal. Make offspring. Anything out side of marriage is counted as fornication.
This pretty much wipes us all out, spiritually speaking.

Old 03-22-2015, 05:39 AM

I used to go to churches that allowed gay marriages and most of the people were gay. Of course the people were nice and friendly and the people loved Jesus, something was seriously missing and it was the true repentance in Jesus and the true work of the Holy Spirit and not taking the Bible as the word of God.

With regards to being single:
Well Paul in the new Testament was single. If he was married he would not have devoted so much time preaching the gospel.

1 Corinthians 7:7–8

7 I wish that all were as I myself am. But each has his own gift from God, bone of one kind and one of another.
8 To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is good for them to remain single as I am.

In addition the life of a Christian is to deny oneself as I have:

Matthew 16:24–25
24 Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me

Old 03-22-2015, 05:43 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,687,859 times
Thanks all for your illuminating posts. It has made me realize how fortunate I am in not being religious (as Islam is no better than Christianity in its bitter hatred of gays and its hypocritical disapproval of sex outside marriage, in which they indulge with enthusiasm and then blame the women as temptresses) and am most fortunate that I never was.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 03-22-2015 at 06:26 AM..

Old 03-22-2015, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Thanks all for your illuminating posts. It has made me realize how fortunate I am in not being religious (as Islam is no better than Christianity in its bitter hatred of gays and its hypocritical disapproval of sex outside marriage (in which they indulge with enthusiasm and then blame the women as temptresses) and am most fortunate that I never was.
True Christians do not hate gays. We are to love one another. Jesus after all hanged out with the outcasts of society.

No one is perfect. Yet we are all born of sin. Only Jesus is the true hope of the world and he loves everyone.

Old 03-22-2015, 06:09 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,687,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
True Christians do not hate gays. We are to love one another. Jesus after all hanged out with the outcasts of society. Loving someone does not mean you have to endorse or support everything about that person.
Very well. denouncing them as sinful, their actions as abhorrent and unnatural, refusing them the same rights as others and keeping in reserve, should the wished for religious agenda of making homosexuality illegal - again - come to pass, jail, with capital sentences always an option, is an example of Christian love for their fellows, not bitter hate, which it can so easily be mistaken for.

What I would hate is to have to live on the difference.

I will tell you something mr 99. If Jesus returned and hung out with prostitutes, tax collectors (we are talking really sinful here) gays, unbelievers and all the rest of the long list that Good Christians regard as suitable cases for eternal burning (but they Love us, remember) just to tell them what sinners they were and calling on them to repent and sin no more, rather than applying a BETTER human solution of tolerance and ensuring their rights while protecting the rights of others, I would tell him to bugger off, and I would tell the Christians and their church to bugger off, too with their denunciations and accusations of sinfulness..but they love them, don't forget.

And any god worth an iota of respect let alone worship, with any regard let alone love for His creation in all its myriad forms, would also tell Jesus, the church and you Christians and your hounding of gays and the like to bugger off.

So do so, with all speed, please? And don't forget, the harsh language is only remonstrance out of love on my part.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 03-22-2015 at 06:27 AM..

Old 03-22-2015, 06:23 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,177,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
8 To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is good for them to remain single as I am.
Ah, to take single, ferreted out lines from the bible literally!
Following that one would more certainly eliminate the over-population problem....er.....I think we can cross out the words 'over' and 'problem'.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:45 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,639,707 times
OP I disagree with the title of your thread, "I am much more of a Christian than a Gay person." You weren't born Christian, you were born gay. You can choose your religion, you can't choose your sexual orientation. Best of luck with your self-imposed restrictions. Not too long ago, it was common place for gay men to join the priesthood, and take vow of celibacy... well you know the results. You can't pray away the gay, as we learned through the failed Exodus International Program. I find it disturbing that you have to deny your authenticity in order to gain your god's love, and find acceptance in a rigid Christian community, but to each his own. Again, best of luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality