Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2015, 07:50 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times

Advertisements

So the only point of this thread was to see if it was possible for every single person has the exactly identical definition of one world? And there is no explanation why the OP wants us to state the obvious.

Harm has different meanings but is a real concept.
God has different meanings but is only a concept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 07:51 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Welcome to Page 4 of this thread
You mean the two people who agree with you ? Is that what you are calling every one agreeing with you?

ahahahaha now you are being silly.. .

Old 03-27-2015, 07:51 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Why? Ask them. Their reasoning has nothing to do with a universal acceptance of something being wrong. The bottom line is it is wrong. We both agree it is wrong.

I have used a well known and well accepted logical principal of universal agreement, called a priori logic.
If we have universal acceptance of a thing, then it does not need to be tested. We simply agree.

Aristotle was amazing.

There are things we can agree on as universal constants.

Sexual assault is wrong.

Pedophilia is wrong.

We can agree on the logic of math.
This is your opinion. It's not factual since everyone doesn't scribe to what's moral.

3rd time if it is wrong then why do people still rape?

Old 03-27-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
So the only point of this thread was to see if it was possible for every single person has the exactly identical definition of one world? And there is no explanation why the OP wants us to state the obvious.

Harm has different meanings but is a real concept.
God has different meanings but is only a concept.
You and cupper3 can't stay on topic because you both know you have no real argument. I'm not suggesting that you believe in God.

Harm cannot define morality. That is this thread in a nutshell.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:02 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Certain OT laws applied to that time and certain laws are still in effect.

His mind never changed, he was showing people that all the rules in the world would not erase their sinfulness.
So, "I made these rules for you to follow to please me, but nevermind".

That is not constant.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:04 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
This is your opinion. It's not factual since everyone doesn't scribe to what's moral.

You should brush up on logical principles, reasoning and fallacy. I have explained in detail those principals. These principals of logic are universal. What happened to logic because mathematicians and attorneys use all of the time. Now you do not believe in logic?

The law supports the wrong. Rapist have all sorts of reasons. She asked for it. She was wearing a tight skirt. She was a nun and her habit turned me on. I hate my mother. She was not conscious so I thought it was okay. She is my kid, I can do what I want( child was four). He liked it( child was three)

I have heard all sorts of excuses to explain why it was not wrong. It means nothing.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:06 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
You and cupper3 can't stay on topic because you both know you have no real argument. I'm not suggesting that you believe in God.

What???

Harm does not define morality? I yes that is why you don't seem to have a problem that your Bible can't speak out against rape and endorses slavery, even though people are obviously harmed.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:19 PM

Quote:

Fine now that I know what you are after I can respond but I still think you are playing a word game. Not doing harm to others is one of the ways we as a society decide on morality. Morality comes from within and from without and not wanting to be harmed or to harm others are parts of this. Not universal of course especially considering the existence of sociopaths and pysopaths. There will be at least one person who does not agree with a definition of harm so no it is not universal. What do you gain by getting answers to this obvious question?

Old 03-27-2015, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
What???

Harm does not define morality? I yes that is why you don't seem to have a problem that your Bible can't speak out against rape and endorses slavery, even though people are obviously harmed.
Deflect. Deflect. Deflect. Because there is nothing else to argue....

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Fine now that I know what you are after I can respond but I still think you are playing a word game. Not doing harm to others is one of the ways we as a society decide on morality. Morality comes from within and from without and not wanting to be harmed or to harm others are parts of this. Not universal of course especially considering the existence of sociopaths and pysopaths. There will be at least one person who does not agree with a definition of harm so no it is not universal. What do you gain by getting answers to this obvious question?
Are you not reading? Again, you can't use harming someone as the premise to determine what is moral or not.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:28 PM

Quote:

People still murder so the Bible or I should say your Bible doesn't count, or do you give yourself special rules?

Some people have the need for power over some one else. If we did not get our morality from outside the Bible we would not think of rape as immoral. There are people who have a lesser degree of morality, there are ones who have been conditioned to not think rape as immoral and some who do not realize they are raping. There are more reasons I would guess but I do not know what.

This has gotten totally silly. If we got our morality from the Bible slavery and some kinds of rape would be legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality