Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 05:11 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,013,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
you can't turn on a tv or go to school today without hearing Jewish proselytizations,
although they are masked. See, they don't want you to become "Jewish", because that
would infringe on their gig, but they do want you to stop believing in Jesus.

Old 04-04-2015, 05:22 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,216,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
What he said ^

Old 04-04-2015, 05:28 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,411,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
All my life Christians in my family and others have tried to recruit me to Christianity. Begging me to go to church, passing out flyers, stopping me in the street, ringing my doorbell etc...but Jewish people have never done this. And theres a quite large jewish population where I grew up and it's surrounding areas(not as large as Christians but significant). I knew several jewish people in college and they never talked about their religion, meanwhile Christians were always trying to interject religion into conversation. Why is this?
Do you really have to ask this question? It's a part of the Christian faith to spread the Gospel. There is no such command in Judaism. That's it.

If you aren't interested, just say that and move on. It's not that complicated.

Old 04-04-2015, 05:46 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,638,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
you can't turn on a tv or go to school today without hearing Jewish proselytizations,
although they are masked. See, they don't want you to become "Jewish", because that
would infringe on their gig, but they do want you to stop believing in Jesus.

Old 04-04-2015, 06:25 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,216,935 times
hehehehe ^

Old 04-04-2015, 08:08 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,354,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
You can't draw blood out of a stone, ie you are not going to be able to suddenly convert an irreligious person that easily.
My Christian views are only very moderate like yours, and have spoken to enough atheists to know not to try any conversion attempts.
As much as I hate to say it, certain Christian groups that do proselytize - like door knocking, or accosting you at colleges or universities - the best way to get rid of them is by saying you are a non-believer.
In a way you feel like you are renouncing your faith, but it is the only thing that makes them give up on you straight away.
Unfortunately a high proportion of Christian groups that do actively approach you are not mainstream.

It doesn't matter what's true. It matters what people believe is true. This is why there is religion.

Religion forms paradigms that shape our worldview.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:13 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,013,000 times
Snowball and his familiar both post their visages online!!???

Old 04-04-2015, 10:44 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,007,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoveringMyArm399 View Post
I am sorry for my bad English which makes you misinterprete my quotation for the "racial purity" for the people who are allowed into Judaism. Which I meant was the rabi whom I met in person was more than welcoming me into conversion. He was even inviting. No signs of hesitations that you guys mentioned. Therefore, I believe my stance and Jesus's account of their past. They were very eager like the Christians todays, but shranked away in an rebuke 2000 years ago.

As for the child marriage thing, I said what I said. The part of the world was not the modern Western Civilzation. It was an world of ugly old fart perverts playing GODs.
Your English is just fine. Though you've used a number of colloquial terms that are most commonly used by Americans with region-based dialects and thus not commonly used by non-native speakers.

"Old fart" being one of them.....

Old 04-05-2015, 06:19 AM

32,530 posts, read 21,846,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
All my life Christians in my family and others have tried to recruit me to Christianity. Begging me to go to church, passing out flyers, stopping me in the street, ringing my doorbell etc...but Jewish people have never done this. And theres a quite large jewish population where I grew up and it's surrounding areas(not as large as Christians but significant). I knew several jewish people in college and they never talked about their religion, meanwhile Christians were always trying to interject religion into conversation. Why is this?
Because they're a beacon not a foghorn...

Old 04-05-2015, 06:24 AM

32,530 posts, read 21,846,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Christianity is about spreading the gospel, Judaism is not. One of the core tenets of it is to literally go out and tell people the good news. The problem is that modern Christians also don't seem to understand that you aren't supposed to badger people that show no interest in their faith.
Exactly...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality