Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2015, 01:54 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by panterra View Post
not only do you not care you ignore so much about them that shows a flood did not happen. A flood would not leave fossils sorted the way it did.
:d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 02:08 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,816,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I'm sure he was dedicated to Yahweh just as his predecessors: Adam, and Abel and Seth and Enosh, and Cainan, and Maleleel, and Jared and Enoch and Methuselah
They weren't Jewish either.

We don't know what he was dedicated to. Given his time the sun is a good choice.

Old 05-04-2015, 02:21 PM

2,773 posts, read 2,668,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Interesting times Noah lived in. I wonder what religion he was, he wasn't Jewish. A sun worshiper maybe?

Islam

Old 05-04-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
They weren't Jewish either.

We don't know what he was dedicated to. Given his time the sun is a good choice.
Correct, Noah couldn't have been Jewish because, as far as I know, there was no Judah in his day. Noah and forefathers in his direct lineage worshiped Yahweh, who later was the God of Israel.

Old 05-04-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
Islam
Islam didn't come into being until 610 A.D. long after Noah died.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Correct, Noah couldn't have been Jewish because, as far as I know, there was no Judah in his day. Noah and forefathers in his direct lineage worshiped Yahweh, who later was the God of Israel.
Speculation on your part. The sun is as good as any other choice. And with speculation on my part, Noah could have been out plowing the fields, had a touch of heat exhaustion or mini stroke, went back to his adobe hut feeling kinda strange (bit of delusion perhaps?) etc etc, we will never know, nor will you.

But it makes as much sense as some of the stuff you've been posting. Even more so.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:40 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,196 times
Quote:
Did I say life was around only for the last 5,000 years?
So, let me get your views strait:

So...you don't know how long life was on Earth, possibly much longer than 5,000 years.

You don't know how long Earth has existed, possibly for much longer than 5,000 years.

You do believe there was a flood that wiped out everybody and all land animals that weren't on the Ark, correct?

You also hypothesize that before the flood Earth was considerably flatter than now, which would allow for floodwaters to cover all of Earth.

*How did diseases like smallpox and measles survive without hosts for so long after the flood?

Host-specific diseases which don't kill their host generally can't survive long, since the host's immune system eliminates them. (This doesn't apply to diseases such as HIV and malaria which can hide from the immune system.) For example, measles can't last for more than a few weeks in a community of less than 250,000 [Keeling & Grenfell, 1997] because it needs nonresistant hosts to infect. Since the human population aboard the ark was somewhat less than 250,000, measles and many other infectious diseases would have gone extinct during the Flood
Problems with a Global Flood, 2nd edition

*How did koalas survive? (They eat nothing but Eucalyptus leaves).

*I'm sure heard this on before, but how did the predators survive?

Old 05-04-2015, 04:07 PM

le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
So, let me get your views strait:

So...you don't know how long life was on Earth, possibly much longer than 5,000 years.
The first eon of Genesis 1:1 to 1:2 could have been millions of years.
The second eon of Genesis 1:2 onward could have started between 5 to 10 thousand years ago.

Quote:
You don't know how long Earth has existed, possibly for much longer than 5,000 years.
Possibly millions of years.

Quote:
You do believe there was a flood that wiped out everybody and all land animals that weren't on the Ark, correct?
Yep.

Quote:
You also hypothesize that before the flood Earth was considerably flatter than now, which would allow for floodwaters to cover all of Earth.
By "flatter" I think you mean the mountains were not as high as they are now. If so, that is correct.

Quote:
*How did diseases like smallpox and measles survive without hosts for so long after the flood? Host-specific diseases which don't kill their host generally can't survive long, since the host's immune system eliminates them. (This doesn't apply to diseases such as HIV and malaria which can hide from the immune system.) For example, measles can't last for more than a few weeks in a community of less than 250,000 [Keeling & Grenfell, 1997] because it needs nonresistant hosts to infect. Since the human population aboard the ark was somewhat less than 250,000, measles and many other infectious diseases would have gone extinct during the Flood
Problems with a Global Flood, 2nd edition
I think they are now finding out that comets can carry diseases to earth.

Quote:
*How did koalas survive? (They eat nothing but Eucalyptus leaves).
They must have eaten Eucalyptus leaves on the ark.
Quote:
*I'm sure heard this on before, but how did the predators survive?
Maybe the same way they survive in zoos. Carnivores can live on kibble such as we feed our pets today (dogs, cats).

Old 05-04-2015, 04:31 PM

Quote:
le

The first eon of Genesis 1:1 to 1:2 could have been millions of years.
The second eon of Genesis 1:2 onward could have started between 5 to 10 thousand years ago.

Possibly millions of years.

Yep.

By "flatter" I think you mean the mountains were not as high as they are now. If so, that is correct.

I think they are now finding out that comets can carry diseases to earth.

They must have eaten Eucalyptus leaves on the ark.
Maybe the same way they survive in zoos. Carnivores can live on kibble such as we feed our pets today (dogs, cats).
And with this answer you've reduced yourself to speculating again'

"could have been"
"possibly"
"I think"
"must have"
"maybe"

Not exactly a firm foundation there. In short, you don't know.

BTW, pets (carnivores) need real food. My dog loves meaty bones and insists on good food, he rejects the other stuff. Same is true of the cat, it has to be special cans of tuna and salmon with her. They both will eat some dry foods but neither could make it on that alone.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
And with this answer you've reduced yourself to speculating again'

"could have been"
"possibly"
"I think"
"must have"
"maybe"

Not exactly a firm foundation there. In short, you don't know.

BTW, pets (carnivores) need real food. My dog loves meaty bones and insists on good food, he rejects the other stuff. Same is true of the cat, it has to be special cans of tuna and salmon with her. They both will eat some dry foods but neither could make it on that alone.
It could be you are just wrong too . . . as if you actually know for sure.

My two dogs can eat raw food from Primo or for the last couple weeks have been eating Acana kibble. Some people feed their dogs kibble their whole life. One year in the ark eating kibble isn't going to kill them and I know that for a fact. Sure, kibble is not ideal but then again, neither is a world-wide flood. And besides, it was dark in the ark, like a park that is stark of street lamps. The animals didn't eat as much due to being confined. They just chilled out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality