Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2015, 01:26 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Death is not an enemy. If there were no death, we'd have a massive population explosion. Christians are taught that death is an enemy, or even a punishment from their god for sin. It's all fear and guilt.
Oh, okay, you are the authority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 02:11 PM

2,773 posts, read 2,668,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willingsniper View Post
Time to grow up. There is no god.
Time to think logically and scientifically. if there is no creator then you would not be exist.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:13 PM

2,773 posts, read 2,668,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Neither am I. I'm a believer.
What do you believe?

Old 05-07-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
What do you believe?
I believe God that Christ died for our sins, was entombed and roused again the third day. I also believe God eventually will save all mankind. There are many other things I believe.

I believe Noah really did build the ark the dimensions God gave him and did what God told him to do.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:21 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
"I believe God that Christ died for our sins," but he is not a Christian...
Quote:
Neither am I. I'm a believer.
I have never...I swear...come across a poster who can so cunningly score a 'you are wrong' point by effectively agreeing it but saying he calls it something different.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:21 PM

779 posts, read 484,003 times
Quote:
Time to think logically and scientifically. if there is no creator then you would not be exist.
wrong.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:24 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Read up on basic biology. You should have learned it in high school.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:24 PM

779 posts, read 484,003 times

Old 05-07-2015, 02:51 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,119,848 times
Quote:
As to Egypt, it is not that difficult really.
Egypt was killing off all the babies of the Israelites and killing the Israelite slaves and putting them under increasingly heavy burdens.
Egypt was most likely the mightiest nation at that time. So God not only had to free the Israelites as He told Abraham He would do 400 years earlier, but He needed to show His mighty power in wrecking the mightiest powers on earth. But again, He didn't do it just to do it. Egypt got what they deserved.

God is going to eventually save all those who died. None of them will be mad at God for what occurred. So why are you?

The same goes for the world-wide flood. The world's inhabitants were murdering, etc and God had to put an end to it. If God did nothing, if all those inhabitants were undergoing evil such as the Khmer Rouge were doing, and God did nothing, you'd be mad at God for doing nothing.
Well, see, this is the obvious problem with faith based beliefs. Because you are stuck having to assert the truth of things regardless of how preposterous they may be, the sort of laborious mental gymnastics such as you demonstrate above become necessary to rehabilitate the myths.

When you have to make up something that silly to justify your beliefs, why does it not dawn on you to question the belief rather than attempt to prop it up with more fantasy?

Old 05-07-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
"I believe God that Christ died for our sins," but he is not a Christian...

I have never...I swear...come across a poster who can so cunningly score a 'you are wrong' point by effectively agreeing it but saying he calls it something different.
Christians today, at least many of them, are paganized church goers. I don't want to be
considered in their group. I am a believer. I fail to see the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality