Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 05:09 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
Exactly! I was at an Episcopal service this Sunday, and the sermon was given by a seminarian, a pastor in training. She explicitly called out the attempts in Indiana and Arkansas to give legal protection to bigoted behavior as being wrong. Not all Christians are behind this stuff.

No, the way not to be seen as a bigot is to not espouse bigotry. When you don't support discriminatory and unjust laws, when you don't support people using their religion as an excuse to mistreat others, you don't get labelled as a bigot.

Neat how that works...

-NoCapo
Boom! Nailed it. Good job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 05:12 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
I find myself unable to communicate with you, you seem to understand nothing of what is written, and toss in completely ludicrous statements such as the above.

I would ask you to identify where you see me rationalizing violence of any kind, but of course you will not go back and discover that this was another thoughtless lie on your part, you will simply rely on producing another thoughtless lie.

What is the point of attempting to discuss anything with you when you behave in this manner? You either do not bother reading what people write by way of responses to your posts, or you are incapable of understanding what is written. I base this on the extraordinary inappropriateness of your replies.
Welcome to fundie world. The same poster has pooh-pooed polls from six or seven sources including Fox News that gay marriage is acceptable to over 50% of the population. He called them "unscientific," while failing to provide a single source document of his own.

His replies reflect the fundie heart of dodge ball when it comes to responding to difficult questions.

I wish I could say he was unique--even on these threads--but, --------

Old 04-14-2015, 05:46 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Welcome to fundie world. The same poster has pooh-pooed polls from six or seven sources including Fox News that gay marriage is acceptable to over 50% of the population. He called them "unscientific," while failing to provide a single source document of his own.

His replies reflect the fundie heart of dodge ball when it comes to responding to difficult questions.

I wish I could say he was unique--even on these threads--but, --------
What's funny is I explained to you why your polls were hogwash and you didn't have a response.

And by the way, I don't rely on Fox News and rarely if ever watch or read them as a news source, but of course you assume that out of pure ignorance.

Last edited by justtitans; 04-14-2015 at 06:00 PM..

Old 04-14-2015, 05:50 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,122,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
This is what you said:

There is no difference, they are both wrong. The fact that you have to try to distinguish a difference between the two shows you are excusing the behavior. As you are...
I have excused no behavior. There is an obvious distinction, one which I explained, but none which I then used to excuse any behavior.

You provide me no reason to continue exchanging ideas with you, and several reasons not to continue, so I shall not.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:00 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
I have excused no behavior. There is an obvious distinction, one which I explained, but none which I then used to excuse any behavior.

You provide me no reason to continue exchanging ideas with you, and several reasons not to continue, so I shall not.
Okay bye. Have a good night!

Old 04-14-2015, 06:12 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
What's funny is I explained to you why your polls were hogwash and you didn't have a response.

And by the way, I don't rely on Fox News and rarely if ever watch or read them as a news source, but of course you assume that out of pure ignorance.
Your explanation involved stating your opinion. You couldn't provide a statistical source for your opinion. Why not? If it's as obvious as your opinion makes it seem surely there is mathematical axiom somewhere. Statistics are purely mathematical. Presentation, such as BYU and Fox News did regarding same-sex marriage in Utah, is where liars do their work.

Statistics are not about YOU. They are about trends. Failure to understand and respond to trends creates dinosaurs. Welcome to Jurassic Park.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:29 PM

939 posts, read 795,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Yell louder! We CAN'T HEAR YOU!
I can't HEEEEEAR YOU!!!

Old 04-15-2015, 12:42 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
I can't HEEEEEAR YOU!!!
Typical. Can't make a good discussion point, thinks yelling will overcome a weak argument. Most of us learned back in grade school that doesn't work.

Most of us.

Last edited by cupper3; 04-15-2015 at 01:26 PM..

Old 04-15-2015, 01:09 PM

939 posts, read 795,547 times
I do not thing so! What does "things yelling" mean?

Old 04-15-2015, 01:23 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
I do not thing so! What does "things yelling" mean?
Those with nothing germane to say jump on typos.

Typical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality