Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2015, 02:13 PM

37,440 posts, read 61,346,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
What was the take on Trinity prior to that time?
In Egypt it was: Osiris, Isis and Horus

In Hindi it is: Kali, Durga and Parvati

Mesopotamian: Astarte, Inanna and Ishtar

Greek: Zeus, Athena and Apollo

Roman Capitoline: Jupiter, Juno and Minerva

Norse mythology: Odin, Vili and Ve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 02:16 PM

37,440 posts, read 61,346,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So, why didn't the Jews know this?...
Because it is not found anywhere in the Bible, and God's commands are strict about Monotheism.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:24 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,175,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So tell us, Viz, who are you to say that? Who are you to declare what gays did or did not learn?
Because I can observe the fact that there is persecution of Christians by gay activists.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:59 PM

63,766 posts, read 40,030,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Because I can observe the fact that there is persecution of Christians by gay activists.
Tell me Vizio . . . WHAT exactly is the specific harm inflicted on YOU in what you see as the persecution of Christians by gays??? Can you detail the various instances of harm to your life and existence from gays???? I mean surely this persecution inflicts some noticeable harm . . . does it not???Can you give us any specifics????

Last edited by MysticPhD; 05-08-2015 at 03:30 PM..

Old 05-08-2015, 03:09 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,610,872 times
Quote:
Why would I want to listen to your opinion of what God said instead of the actual written word of what he has already said?

Why do you insist on telling me what I do? I have no problem with God being active and working today. Even more so, I believe that I have seen his hand at work in my life in many areas.

The fact that Christians are being persecuted today by the homosexual activists tells us that they did not learn a valuable lesson.
Again. You do not have to believe, or listen to a word I say. I do not care what you believe. I am simply a messenger. No true Christian has been harmed by a militant civil rights activist.

You have no concept of persecution. Your baker gave themselves a hang nail on the persecution meter. Their pay off was a bag of coin. Those poor, poor, things. You compare it to being persecuted, tortured, and murdered in Nazi Germany. Compare it to the tortured screaming death, and persecution of Jesus. Your baker stubbed their toe, and you call it persecution.

You bind God in a teeny-tiny- book, and think that is everything there is to know about God, and you could not be more wrong.
You have seen God's hand in your life, and yet you stop right here..... with this. The truth you twist away from.

Sadly, homosexuals didn't learn a darn thing from what the Nazis did to them.-----vizio

The only question you should be asking is, What if she is right?You will not find that answer bound in your narrow book. There is no insisting when I know the truth of things, and you once understood that.

So, here you sit at a crossroad. Listen, or not.

Old 05-08-2015, 04:54 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post

You have no concept of persecution. Your baker gave themselves a hang nail on the persecution meter. Their pay off was a bag of coin. Those poor, poor, things. You compare it to being persecuted, tortured, and murdered in Nazi Germany. Compare it to the tortured screaming death, and persecution of Jesus. Your baker stubbed their toe, and you call it persecution.
Such is the egotistical pomposity of fundamentalists. As has been demonstrated, their breathtaking arrogance is matched only by their ignorance of the world around them.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-08-2015 at 05:02 PM..

Old 05-08-2015, 08:14 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,160,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Such is the egotistical pomposity of fundamentalists. As has been demonstrated, their breathtaking arrogance is matched only by their ignorance of the world around them.
Amen.

And, alas.

But there's hope. They are going to lose their children. Their children have access to the net - or will, eventually - and will learn to discern the false teachings of fundavangelists from the truth of reality.

Biblical literalists are losing. And will continue to lose.

Thank (the real) God.

The bellowing, the howling of rage we hear from them, is from the recognition of their impotence. It is music to the ears of those who seek real truth, real understanding, and real justice.

Biblical literalists, aka fundamentalists, are on their way to a long-overdue extinction.

Buh-bye.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:56 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,147,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Amen.

And, alas.

But there's hope. They are going to lose their children. Their children have access to the net - or will, eventually - and will learn to discern the false teachings of fundavangelists from the truth of reality.

Biblical literalists are losing. And will continue to lose.

Thank (the real) God.

The bellowing, the howling of rage we hear from them, is from the recognition of their impotence. It is music to the ears of those who seek real truth, real understanding, and real justice.

Biblical literalists, aka fundamentalists, are on their way to a long-overdue extinction.

Buh-bye.

My brothers and I (all raised in orthodox Christianity) came to the conclusion that all god-claims are equally unsubstantiated. Not all former fundamentalists will embrace other religions.

I catch a lot of flack from liberal religious types for my atheism, in addition to the usual fire-and-brimstone crap from fundamentalists.

Troutdude, thank you for NOT being one of those people.

Old 05-09-2015, 04:25 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times
Quote:
I've posted them on this thread before. I'd encourage you to use the search function. And I believe that it was the NIV that I quoted from.
How about quoting from the TNK?....

Old 05-09-2015, 04:27 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Because it is not found anywhere in the Bible, and God's commands are strict about Monotheism.
Actually, I knew that, I want Vizio to answer it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality