Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 08:17 PM

867 posts, read 909,211 times

Advertisements

So, I've been forming a theory and I just wanted to bounce it off people. If you are part of the LGBT community do chime in if it sounds like a good theory or if it is offensive. Overall, whether this theory is true will determine how I approach morality. So, it is an important question that I'm leaving up to City to Data to provide. Atheists can play along but you have to do a thought exercise of believing in Heaven for a bit.

Here is the theory: Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered very much do go to Heaven i.e. God does not care whether you are LGBT. However, when we go to Heaven and we get our new optimal body we are all straight.

So, for example let's say a Transgendered woman has the soul of a woman but a body of a man in Heaven she would get a completely feminine body to match her soul so she wouldn't have to be trangendered for eternity. Stop here, does this sound like a valid part of the theory? I think most of us would agree this is a good idea.

Now, where it might get a little bit hairy is Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual individuals who were LGB in life but who when in Heaven become straight. So, let's take the case of someone who was Bisexual they would be completely straight in Heaven. This would not be too much of an adjustment as they did have feelings for the opposite sex on Earth. Now, it's exclusive.

For someone who was Lesbian or Gay now they find they are straight in Heaven. This might be a bit of an adjustment. However, the benefits of being straight in Heaven is now you can have a biological family without having to go through surrogacy or adoption. You would just get married to the opposite sex and have children. Would this be a good part of the theory or would this be offensive?

So, that is my theory. As it is now, I'm a liberal guy who believes in marriage equality and that God does not discriminate on the basis of sexuality. However, I am not perfect and I have things to work on.

Discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 08:50 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
...snip...

Discuss.
No thanks.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:52 PM

1,422 posts, read 951,351 times
Default Ideas about Heaven

Here is one idea about heaven from a guy who was quite adept at Astral Travel.

FOCUS 3
Focus 3 is even more interesting: This area of consciousness is a collective term that incorporates all of Monroe's Focus 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27 areas. This region features all the 'Hollow Hells', 'Hollow Heavens' and everything in-between. Monroe's Focus 27 represents the 'upper level' of my Focus 3. Focus 3 is where we all go when we 'die' i.e. after physical death our primary focus switches from Focus 1 to Focus 3. Focus 3 is also known as the Transition Area, for reasons which will be explained in due course.

Focus 3 is what I call a 'common area' of our Consciousness Continuum. This means that unlike Focus 2, which is ours alone and can only be experienced by ourselves, our Focus 3 area of consciousness intertwines with everyone else's; we can all share in each other's Focus 3 areas of consciousness and interact with each other. As you step into Focus 3 then you will find that it is much like the physical is. Here you can meet people in a totally objective sense exactly as you can while physical. Within this region it is obvious these people are not merely creations of your own imagination. It is as obvious as it is apparent that other people are not merely creations of your imagination within the physical.

There are billions of people on the mid to upper branches all interacting with each other in an objective sense, just as we all do within the physical. The upper branches of Focus 3 are VERY physical-world like indeed, even better in fact on the top-most branches. In my mind I call it the supra physical, sort of like the physical on steroids! In Focus 3 you will find an almost infinite variety of different environments that people have created for themselves to live in, either knowingly or unknowingly. Many of these environments are wonderful and beautiful, some are boring and others are horrific. When people create objects and environments in Focus 3, these things remain until removed, so it is possible to turn up at a location long forgotten about by its creator. It may even have other people hanging about in it! You could even stick around here and add your own touches if you like! Creating things in Focus 3 is slightly tricky as it involves the subjective creation process but with practice you can get the hang of it.

Note: One of the most fundamental rules of the Wider Reality that you must take on board is the rule of 'Like attracts Like'.

Read the rest here if you want to.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:14 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,123 times
I have read that there is no sex in heaven, so I don't think it matters if someone is gay or straight or bi. My opinion is that a gay man who was in love with another gay man here on earth will still love his gay partner and they will still spend eternity together, but not in a sexual way, just in a pure love kind of way. The same would apply to straight couples. Sex may be important for us here, but ultimately it is love that binds us.

Two years ago someone I knew passed away. He was gay and had a partner that he had been with for many years. I hope one day they will be reunited. The person that passed away was one of the nicest people I have ever met. I hope I run into him in heaven when I get there. We weren't close friends, but I miss him very much. He actually came to me in a dream after he passed away.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:22 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
I have read that there is no sex in heaven, so I don't think it matters if someone is gay or straight or bi. My opinion is that a gay man who was in love with another gay man here on earth will still love his gay partner and they will still spend eternity together, but not in a sexual way, just in a pure love kind of way. The same would apply to straight couples. Sex may be important for us here, but ultimately it is love that binds us.

Two years ago someone I knew passed away. He was gay and had a partner that he had been with for many years. I hope one day they will be reunited. The person that passed away was one of the nicest people I have ever met. I hope I run into him in heaven when I get there. We weren't close friends, but I miss him very much. He actually came to me in a dream after he passed away.

No sex? I think I will sit heaven out.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post

Hello, Ms. Ashley, actually I think it is really good sign he came to you in a dream; I think he was just comforting you from the Other Side. I'll probably do the same if I make it into Heaven i.e. comfort my nephews, tell them to be good people and work towards Heaven.

That is the number one flaw in my theory and it's a major flaw. It would be tough were you gay on Earth and married and in love on Earth only to find yourself straight in Heaven. The only way I have around the theory is that you would still love the person in the capacity you can love them as a brother or sister and you cherish the memories you have together but in Heaven you don't have that sense of romantic love with them.

I do believe we have families in Heaven and hence have sex in Heaven. The reason I believe this is because all the Priests and Nuns or other people who were unable to have children on Earth can finally have a family in Heaven. It would seem unjust that because you were unable to have a family while alive for whatever reason you are never, ever able to have a family. Also, the idea of having sex in Heaven guides me morally in that you have to learn on Earth how to love and be responsible in sexual relationships and what have you.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:28 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Heaven exists nowhere but in the human imagination. So the question is moot.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
Here is one idea about heaven from a guy who was quite adept at Astral Travel.

FOCUS 3
Focus 3 is even more interesting: This area of consciousness is a collective term that incorporates all of Monroe's Focus 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27 areas. This region features all the 'Hollow Hells', 'Hollow Heavens' and everything in-between. Monroe's Focus 27 represents the 'upper level' of my Focus 3. Focus 3 is where we all go when we 'die' i.e. after physical death our primary focus switches from Focus 1 to Focus 3. Focus 3 is also known as the Transition Area, for reasons which will be explained in due course.

Focus 3 is what I call a 'common area' of our Consciousness Continuum. This means that unlike Focus 2, which is ours alone and can only be experienced by ourselves, our Focus 3 area of consciousness intertwines with everyone else's; we can all share in each other's Focus 3 areas of consciousness and interact with each other. As you step into Focus 3 then you will find that it is much like the physical is. Here you can meet people in a totally objective sense exactly as you can while physical. Within this region it is obvious these people are not merely creations of your own imagination. It is as obvious as it is apparent that other people are not merely creations of your imagination within the physical.

There are billions of people on the mid to upper branches all interacting with each other in an objective sense, just as we all do within the physical. The upper branches of Focus 3 are VERY physical-world like indeed, even better in fact on the top-most branches. In my mind I call it the supra physical, sort of like the physical on steroids! In Focus 3 you will find an almost infinite variety of different environments that people have created for themselves to live in, either knowingly or unknowingly. Many of these environments are wonderful and beautiful, some are boring and others are horrific. When people create objects and environments in Focus 3, these things remain until removed, so it is possible to turn up at a location long forgotten about by its creator. It may even have other people hanging about in it! You could even stick around here and add your own touches if you like! Creating things in Focus 3 is slightly tricky as it involves the subjective creation process but with practice you can get the hang of it.

Note: One of the most fundamental rules of the Wider Reality that you must take on board is the rule of 'Like attracts Like'.

Read the rest here if you want to.
I haven't linked to the article but I'm definitely interested in Astral Travel. The way the person envisions Heaven is how I envision Heaven only with more structure. So, for example, if I want a cheese burger I just will it in existence with the snap of a finger instead of having to take the life of a conscious animal and cook it. I also imagine people creating quite a bit in Heaven in much the same way the author describes just with a little bit more structure. I'll read the article later.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:39 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,119,848 times
I see this as a problem of pure reasoning. To wit:

If we postulate a heaven which provides perfect happiness, then it is utterly futile to speculate on the specifics.

A perfectly happy version of you would be a complete stranger. What and who you are, your present identity, is a product of your humanity, which includes all of your good and bad experiences, all of your joys and all of your agonies. To take you and place you in some perpetually euphoric state would require removing every negative element, every negative experience, and when done, you would no longer be you.

Suppose the one person you loved in life more than any other, doesn't make the divine cut and instead gets sentenced to eternity on the coals. You are in heaven, perfectly happy, so knowledge of the fate of your loved one would have to be concealed from you. How happy could you be knowing your beloved is in eternal torment? And to keep you from being curious about why your loved one wasn't with you in heaven, it would most likely be necessary to erase your entire memory of that loved one.

Applying this to the question raised by the OP, we may speculate that some people's idea of heaven is one which does not include sexual deviants, he or she could not be perfectly happy if they were around in the afterlife. The premise stated in the OP was:
Quote:
Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered very much do go to Heaven
..therefore it becomes necessary to conceal those heavenly deviants from those who can't be happy when they are around. Likewise, that there is a heavenly occupant who finds them so distasteful that they must be hidden from this soul, would have to be concealed from the deviants or they could not be perfectly happy.

Therefore we may conclude that heaven will turn out to be a highly compartmentalized place, with vast amounts of knowledge concealed or removed from the residents. No one in heaven will even know that there are also souls there that they detested in life, and loved ones who are missing.

BTW...whaddya mean "not what you think?" It turned out to be exactly what I thought it would be. What else was I supposed to be thinking it was?

Old 05-08-2015, 10:48 PM

1,422 posts, read 951,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
I see this as a problem of pure reasoning. To wit:

If we postulate a heaven which provides perfect happiness, then it is utterly futile to speculate on the specifics.
Is the OP postulating such?

Quote:
A perfectly happy version of you would be a complete stranger.
Not if you somehow grew into it.

Quote:
What and who you are, your present identity, is a product of your humanity, which includes all of your good and bad experiences, all of your joys and all of your agonies. To take you and place you in some perpetually euphoric state would require removing every negative element, every negative experience, and when done, you would no longer be you.
This is a sensible evaluation.

Quote:
Suppose the one person you loved in life more than any other, doesn't make the divine cut and instead gets sentenced to eternity on the coals. You are in heaven, perfectly happy, so knowledge of the fate of your loved one would have to be concealed from you. How happy could you be knowing your beloved is in eternal torment? And to keep you from being curious about why your loved one wasn't with you in heaven, it would most likely be necessary to erase your entire memory of that loved one.
This would have to be the case if you blissed. Not to say that you might not be able to create you loved one so that they were with you. This might only then require that you be made non aware that you are doing the creating.

Quote:
Applying this to the question raised by the OP, we may speculate that some people's idea of heaven is one which does not include sexual deviants, he or she could not be perfectly happy if they were around in the afterlife. The premise stated in the OP was:

"Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered very much do go to Heaven"

Quote:
..therefore it becomes necessary to conceal those heavenly deviants from those who can't be happy when they are around. Likewise, that there is a heavenly occupant who finds them so distasteful that they must be hidden from this soul, would have to be concealed from the deviants or they could not be perfectly happy.

Therefore we may conclude that heaven will turn out to be a highly compartmentalized place, with vast amounts of knowledge concealed or removed from the residents. No one in heaven will even know that there are also souls there that they detested in life, and loved ones who are missing.
Yes. It would be the same for everyone. Individuals no matter what their bias was, would create their own reality in these compartmentalized 'Hollow Hells', 'Hollow Heavens'. They are not permanent places.

There are also stories of individuals called 'retrievers' who are tasked with convincing individuals who have created these places that they don't need to actually remain in them 'forever' and that these places were actually created by the ones they are attempting to retrieve.

I can imagine that would be a hard occupation...trying to convince them of these things...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality