Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2015, 10:32 AM

779 posts, read 484,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
No, your "point" doesn't stand. Sexual attraction to a prepubescent child is present or it is not present. It doesn't matter if one is 14 or 27 or 85. You are sexually attracted to children or you aren't.

I could not care less about the family's TV show or income. My "satisfaction" is irrelevant. What matters is that a known, confessed pedophile has no more access to children.
They (CPS) need to screen his daughter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
JOSH has DESTROYED THE LIVES OF HIS 5 (at least) VICTIMS FRACK his family income and FRACK him..

His sisters can write a tell all book, sell th emovive rights and be RICHER than anything Josh could have ever been.
AT LEAST!

(That we know of ) That bore repeating.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:43 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
According to this website, The Duggars are not part of the Quiverfull movement. I wonder what other details presented by people here are flat out wrong:

Quote:

Q: Are the Duggars part of the QuiverFull movement?
A: The Duggars write in their second book, A Love That Multiplies: "Even though Wikipedia and some Internet blogs report that we are part of a QuiverFull movement, we are not. We are simply Bible-believing Christians who desire to follow God's Word and apply it to our lives" (page 92).

Duggar Family Blog: Updates and Pictures Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar 19 Kids and Counting TLC: FAQs

Old 05-27-2015, 10:45 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
And in the process, they exploited the victims who are also "their own". What people don't often realize about children who have been molested by close family members, is the drive the child has to protect the perpetrator... which easily be used by the adults to justify not going to the authorities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Fundamentalism circles the wagons time and again to protect their own. Christ followers are concerned with cleaning their own house and standing up for equal justice whether spiritually, legally, commercially, and economically.

Last edited by Ginge McFantaPants; 05-27-2015 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: Shared more than I'm comfortable with.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
According to this website, The Duggars are not part of the Quiverfull movement. I wonder what other details presented by people here are flat out wrong:

Duggar Family Blog: Updates and Pictures Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar 19 Kids and Counting TLC: FAQs
You mean according to The Duggar Family Blog?

Aren't these the same nice folks that hid a Serial Child Molester in their midst? Oh okay. Everything they say should be believed

Old 05-27-2015, 11:08 AM

Wow I wonder what's in this steamy book.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:09 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willingsniper View Post

Aren't these the same nice folks that hid a Serial Child Molester in their midst? Oh okay. Everything they say should be believed

Yeah I kinda think they are more knowledgeable about their own beliefs than you are especially since you demonstrate extreme biased against Christians.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:13 AM

19,999 posts, read 13,480,828 times
Quote:
According to this website, The Duggars are not part of the Quiverfull movement.
They do not publicly identify with that movement for whatever reason but their ideology and lifestyle is 99% compatible with it. It is therefore fair to say that they are Quiverfull in all but public acceptance of the label.

If I had to guess I would say that publicly identifying with that movement would be a liability in promoting the show, but I have no idea why they actually shy from it.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ...

Old 05-27-2015, 11:23 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willingsniper View Post

Precisely.

They're clearly following the quiverfull movement (which, as a movement, isn't some sort of organization with membership cards, after all). They walk like quiverfulling ducks and they quack like quiverfulling ducks. But some would have us believe that since they eschew the term 'quiverfull', that means they're anything but?

As for the Duggar blog? It's chock full of quiverfull practices, from the obvious rabbit-like reproduction to betrothal (What kind of man is suitable to date a Duggar girl? That's up to Jim Bob, says his adult daughter Jill), to the debt-free obsession, the home-schooling, the 'modest dress', and so forth - every last thing about them is straight out of the quiverfull handbook.

A former adherent to the quiverfull concept points out that many in the movement avoid applying the 'quiverfull' label to themselves:
Quote:
I say that the term “Quiverfull” is “unfortunate” because, I don’t believe that many who are involved in this lifestyle would label themselves as “Quiverfull” ~ and also because it implies a special focus on the anti-birth control aspect of the lifestyle which is not necessarily primary among those who have adopted some or all of the beliefs associated with what might more aptly be called “the Christian family renewal movement” or the practice of “biblical family values.”
NLQ FAQ: What is Quiverfull?

It's the usual obfuscation by those who perceive the Duggars as ideological allies - they defend them to no end, all the while insisting that they're not defending them.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Yeah I kinda think they are more knowledgeable about their own beliefs than you are especially since you demonstrate extreme biased against Christians.
I demonstrate extreme bias against Serial Child Molesters and his parents that are guilty of Reckless Child Endangerment.

You would be too, but you are blinded by the fact that they masquerade as christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality