Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2015, 07:54 PM

779 posts, read 482,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I thought I made my point quite clear. If Josh has truly repented and turned from his ways, it doesn't matter if the victim was male or female. As a Christian, I would still be forgiving. I'm glad I serve a God of second chances instead of a merciless jury like here. You screw up, and you're done for life. There is nothing Josh can do or say to redeem himself.
What about fifth chances? And child rape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 08:12 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,371,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Anyone know if Josh has any plans to repent for what he's said about the LGBT community? Anyone know if he's got plans to ask forgiveness for working as a lobbyist for a hate group?

His victims were male and female. They were trans and questioning. He took MONEY while he told them they were undeserving of being treated decently. Do they get an apology? You suppose Michelle is going to stand next to him and say, "We called you sinners while we were sinners. Please forgive us." ?
Truly - this would be a fabulous step toward forgiveness. Just an acknowledgement of the hypocrisy whether or not they agree with anyone else's lifestyle.

Never happen.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:13 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,371,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willingsniper View Post
What about fifth chances? And child rape.
There's really nothing Jeff won't forgive a fundamentalist white male. Literally - nothing.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:26 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,645,405 times
Quote:
I thought I made my point quite clear. If Josh has truly repented and turned from his ways, it doesn't matter if the victim was male or female. As a Christian, I would still be forgiving. I'm glad I serve a God of second chances instead of a merciless jury like here. You screw up, and you're done for life. There is nothing Josh can do or say to redeem himself.
So if you murder someone, and then ask for God's forgiveness, there should be a coverup for you, and no reckoning with legal authorities?

You have a strange sense of justice--but not a surprising one.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:04 PM

10,067 posts, read 5,678,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Child molesters do NOT stop molesting children. They can't. It is one addiction for which there is no cure.
So you are saying Jesus can not transform a child molester unto righteousness? Forgiveness doesn't exist in your brand of Christianity?

Old 05-31-2015, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Anyone know if Josh has any plans to repent for what he's said about the LGBT community? Anyone know if he's got plans to ask forgiveness for working as a lobbyist for a hate group?

His victims were male and female. They were trans and questioning. He took MONEY while he told them they were undeserving of being treated decently. Do they get an apology? You suppose Michelle is going to stand next to him and say, "We called you sinners while we were sinners. Please forgive us." ?
So he should lie and claim that homosexuality is not a sin? Because like it or not, that would be a lie. Another lie is claiming that anyone who doesn't fully support homosexuals is a hater.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
So if you murder someone, and then ask for God's forgiveness, there should be a coverup for you, and no reckoning with legal authorities?

You have a strange sense of justice--but not a surprising one.

Forgiveness doesn't absolve you from the consequences of sin. If I go out and do sexually immoral acts, God can forgive me, but I may have to still live with the consequence of a STD.

It is no surprising that you are passionately on board with the atheists here again and completely against forgiveness in this case. The Bible has something to say about people like you who want to be friends with the world:

"You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God."

James 4:4

Old 05-31-2015, 10:45 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,645,405 times
Quote:
Forgiveness doesn't absolve you from the consequences of sin. If I go out and do sexually immoral acts, God can forgive me, but I may have to still live with the consequence of a STD.

It is no surprising that you are passionately on board with the atheists here again and completely against forgiveness in this case. The Bible has something to say about people like you who want to be friends with the world:

"You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God."

James 4:4
Did I SAY I am against forgiveness? You have chosen friendship and support for a terrible injustice--and you are not crying out for justice for these children. There must be justice first for a person to come to the point of ASKING and then receiving forgiveness.

You, however have chosen to overlook justice.

I have experienced better from the "infidel" atheists on this thread.

Quote:
Some try to hide the evidence. Like Achan who took forbidden spoils from Jericho and hid them in his tent, many try to hide the evidence of their sins (Josh 6:18; 7:1, 20‑21). Some try to hide sin with night’s darkness. Sin loves the cover of darkness; light exposes its evil (Jno 3:20). Many commit sin at night thinking the darkness hides their sin – it doesn’t (1 Ths 5:7). Some think they can hide their sin in the anonymity of the crowd. “Everybody is doing it” and so we deceive ourselves that we are free from accountability. Whether it is the sin of drunkenness, revelry, lasciviousness, adultery, thievery or any other, none are hidden by darkness and the mob (One man, Achan, was chosen out of millions of Hebrews and punished). (Cont. p. 4)
http://www.backtothebible.us/?p=983

Old 05-31-2015, 11:10 PM

32,516 posts, read 36,988,532 times
Quote:
So he should lie and claim that homosexuality is not a sin? Because like it or not, that would be a lie. Another lie is claiming that anyone who doesn't fully support homosexuals is a hater.
Ya still hung up on those ho-mo-sex-you-all's Jeff? I'd guess the Duggars are as well. Maybe you can send them an email: "I forgive your son. Even though I don't even know him ... I forgive him. I forgive him because he thinks the ho-mo-sex-you-all's are sinners and so do I."

Michelle could read it on the air when she looks earnestly into the FOX news cameras and says, "Our son made a mistake and he sinned......but not like those ho-mo-sex-you-all's." Jim Bob will then smile at her and say, "How's muh hair?"

Goodness knows he's not going to be looking at Megyn Kelly since she likes to show off her legs and he thinks that's a sin.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:54 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,296,545 times
Quote:
You obviously don't even understand the nature of the God you serve and worship.

Your God cares very little about pedophilia, adults raping children, and the harm it does to the victim. All Josh, or anyone for that matter, has to do is murmur a few words of apology and all is forgiven. It doesn't matter how heinous, immoral, or barbaric that person's actions were. All it takes is an apology.

What makes this all the worse is that God does not even punish the person temporarily. Even someone like Hitler or Stalin - and any repentant baby-rapist - is allowed to immediately sit at God's right hand without any sort of "prison sentence," so to speak. No time outs. No sitting in the corner with a dunce hat on. No sitting inside during recess. No going to one's room without any supper. No punishments like writing, "I will not sexually molest kids" a thousand times.

Nothing. Just a little apology and 'whoosh' all is right in the world again.

No, the only thing that really matters to your God, the one thing that grinds his gears more than anything else in the whole wide universe, is not believing in him. Not accepting him or his son as your savior. You'll sit there and moan about how we're a "merciless jury" and wrongfully brag about your God being the "God of second chances" ... except your God is no such thing.

Like I said, your God's psychological imbalance - his insatiable need for worship, praise, adoration, and having his ego stroked - is where your "God of second chances" nonsense breaks down. After all, should everything you say be proven true in the end, atheists will not get a "second chance," now, will they. Of course not. Because all that matters to your God is getting worship and those who fail to bend their knee and soothe God by reminding him how great he is, those people will end up being eternally tortured.

Not the pedophiles. Not the tyrants and murderers. Not the serial killers, the white collar thieves, the wife-beaters. No, they all get second, third, even 20th chances just as long as they can get in that final "I'm sorry" before that inevitable death rattle -- and even then, God might allow them into heaven because at least they praised and worshiped.

So yeah, it's ludicrous for you to sit here and say that we're a "merciless jury" when it comes to molesting children. Well, you're damn right we're merciless because your God hands it out like candy so long as he (not the child-victims) receives an apology. God is the offended one. God is the wounded one. Not the kids, oh no, certainly not the kids who were trapped with a monster with "Roman hands and Russian fingers." That's why victims don't have to be apologized to in order to be forgiven by God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality