Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 01:52 AM

1,217 posts, read 4,033,769 times

Advertisements

Misunderstood: If you want to be treated with respect, then you should start by not knocking what others believe by calling it "lying crap". Just a thought.

For the record, I saw the movie, too, and thought it was stupid. And I'm a fundamentalist Christian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 08:21 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
The modern scenario in which many people invision for the end times is derived from the "Left Behind" series of books, which were derived from some other writing in the 70s (I can't remember what it was called). There is very little Biblical evidence for such a scenario and what does exist is open to heavy interpretation. The truth is, nobody knows what is going to happen in the end times.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:58 PM

245 posts, read 625,360 times
I know what ya meen chick. what I could never realy grasp is wouldn't satan know he already lost? I meen up against his own creator and all,

Old 01-28-2008, 01:47 AM

140 posts, read 290,540 times
Default the end put on hold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
There are no "end times". Even if the entire human race were wiped out, it wouldn't be the end times; it would just be the time without humans.
Roamin has a point, it is a mistake to believe we are so important Armageddon must come soon.
But perhaps the end of us may come?
Heaven/ Eden on Earth?
A hope?
The worthiness of mankind?
Meets the random judgment of the universe? The cruelty should not be our belief.
We are one, we are spirit

Old 08-21-2008, 09:54 PM

90 posts, read 209,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
There are no "end times". Even if the entire human race were wiped out, it wouldn't be the end times; it would just be the time without humans.

I humbly disagree with you. There will be a closing of the age coming up in the future. When? Only the Lord knows.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:23 PM

90 posts, read 209,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misunderstood81 View Post
Well, I posted a post on here earlier today that did not get very good reception for the most part. Yes, some strange things have happened to me in the past that have changed my outlook on life. For instance, who came up wth the idea about their being an "antichrist" in the End Times. The only references to that in the Bible are the apostle John saying "Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even know many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour." The other reference is in Revelation where it talks about a "beast out of the sea" and a "beast out of the earth." If you read those chapters in Revelation, who the hell knows what that stuff means. I personally believe that certain people know the real truth about life in general and what is going to happen in the future. I saw that stupid video "Left Behind" before and think it is a bunch of lying crap. Based on what it says about an antichrist in the Bible how could anyone come up with that stuff. I do not think we have to fight an antichrist in the End Times, but rather each other. There are people in this world who already control everything and I also believe there are those who resist their control and fight them. Basically there are two main sides; the ones who dominate and control this world and those who fight them back. I believe these are the "groups" of people who fight each other in the End Times. I personally believe that the antichrist and Satan are made up by those who control this Earth to deceive certain people. I know these are just theories, but are based on my past experiences. If you have any polite input or your own thoughts, please respond without insulting me or calling me mentally ill or sick. Thanks.

I don't know everything but there will be a future man that will be "The Man of sin" before the closing of the age of humanity. I personally don't proscribe to the "Left Behind" series books as what will happen in the future. There may not be a "rapture" before the "tribulation". The "tribulation" may be longer than 7 years. The tribulation may last over 21 or even 40 years in duration world wide. The man of sin will try to subjugate the living world but will leave the rest of parts of the world alone as there not worth either losing soldiers and civilians in battles or parts of the world are depopulated. These things may happen hundreds of years in the future or less than a hundred years.

I personally believe the Man of sin will be a western European, non Russian, non Jewish man in his mid to late life of military qualities. He will have hordes of Moslem Men, wemen and children at his deposal to willingly fight to the death for him and Beelzebub. He will conquer all of Europe and put many royal persons to the sword or burn them. He will tragically maul Israel but there will be a regenerated remnant of Jews that will be saved.

Last edited by Patmos; 08-21-2008 at 10:32 PM..

Old 08-22-2008, 07:36 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
other references to the anti christ..

Antichrist Bible References
Arguy: These are ALL assumptions!

Daniel 7-12, Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21, 2 Corinthians 11, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12; Revelation 6, 11, 13, 16-20--NO ANTICHRIST!

Note: The false Christs of Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21 were mere men claiming to BE Christ--they are not ANTI-Christ!

The Beast of Revelation is ASSUMED to be an anti-christ. The fact remains that John's overall point was not one particular man who was anti-christ but "the spirit of antichrist. Anything that opposes Christ is Anti-Christ!

Furthermore, where in 2 Thessalonians 2 is there any mention of Anti-Christ? This is another false assumption made by Phil Maxwell and many others in the "church" today.

Let's stick to what the Scriptures plainly say and not impose our ideas upon them.

Preterist

Old 08-22-2008, 08:08 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misunderstood81 View Post
Well, I posted a post on here earlier today that did not get very good reception for the most part. Yes, some strange things have happened to me in the past that have changed my outlook on life. For instance, who came up wth the idea about their being an "antichrist" in the End Times. The only references to that in the Bible are the apostle John saying "Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even know many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour." The other reference is in Revelation where it talks about a "beast out of the sea" and a "beast out of the earth." If you read those chapters in Revelation, who the hell knows what that stuff means. I personally believe that certain people know the real truth about life in general and what is going to happen in the future. I saw that stupid video "Left Behind" before and think it is a bunch of lying crap. Based on what it says about an antichrist in the Bible how could anyone come up with that stuff. I do not think we have to fight an antichrist in the End Times, but rather each other. There are people in this world who already control everything and I also believe there are those who resist their control and fight them. Basically there are two main sides; the ones who dominate and control this world and those who fight them back. I believe these are the "groups" of people who fight each other in the End Times. I personally believe that the antichrist and Satan are made up by those who control this Earth to deceive certain people. I know these are just theories, but are based on my past experiences. If you have any polite input or your own thoughts, please respond without insulting me or calling me mentally ill or sick. Thanks.
Misunderstood81: There is a rapidly growing segment of the church (not the organizational "church" but individual Christians) who are firmly rejecting the false theology of the "left behind" crowd (e.g. Tim LaHaye, Hal Lindsey, Jack Van Impe, etc.).

This group (preterists) take Jesus at His word when He told His disciples that He would return in THEIR generation to them (Matthew 24; Matthew 10:23; Matthew 16:28; Matthew 26:64; John 14:1ff).

Jesus said what He meant and meant what He said. The "left behind" crowd takes the many clear time statements of the Bible and redefines them or ignores them. This is especially true of the Book of Revelation which begins AND ends with:

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to show His servants--things which much SHORTLY take place . . . . for the time is NEAR." (1:1, 3).

"And the Lord God of the holy prophets sent His angel to show His servants the things which must SHORTLY take place . . . . for the time is AT HAND."

The events of the Revelation were to SHORTLY take place in John's day because the time was THEN near. The Revelation is the account of events leading up to and including the destruction of the Temple and Jerusalem in A. D. 70! Yet, this is ignored by futurists and gives way to their fanciful speculations that make the "church" a laughing stock to the unbelieving world. As the years roll by and the Lord has still not come on literal clouds to appear before all men throughout the whole world on some big teleivsion screen, the futurist position will continue to lose the limelight it now holds.

Atheists and agnostics themselves recognize what many in the church do not--Jesus said He was coming back in that first-century generation. They, then, justifiably call Jesus a liar and a false prophet for claiming He was going to do something but then didn't! The inspired writers clearly wrote of their persecutions and that the Lord was coming in their lifetimes to rescue THEM and give THEM relief. According to many in the "church," He has still not returned. Skeptics rightfully point their fingers and say--"the apostles spoke falsely; what they said would happen didn't. They are false teachers!" Overall, the unbelieving world which recognizes what Jesus and the Apostles clearly taught, looks at the modern-day church within which many look for future fulfillments, and says--"The Bible is full of errors; Christianity is a false religion."

There is NO coming great tribulation--that is far behind us. Christ is NOT soon to come because He already came in A. D. 70 just as He promised He would. There is NO Anti-Christ lurking in the world ready to bring Hell on earth! Christ established His kingdom which is not of this world and He rules now from His throne in heaven at the right hand of the Father. All prophecy is fulfilled.

Preterist

Old 08-22-2008, 10:02 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,940,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffan View Post
I know what ya meen chick. what I could never realy grasp is wouldn't satan know he already lost? I meen up against his own creator and all,
Maybe it's his job. Satan seems to be like an actor playing a predetermined role in an interactive orchestra.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:14 AM

286 posts, read 804,733 times
You do know that there were originally more than one version of the book of revelations, and the church used to one that best fit there needs at the time?

I do not know why people put humanlistic qualities to things such as god, satan or the anti chirst. all satan/anti christ stood for was the opposite of the what the church wanted - free thinking, living life for yourself, and so on. I do not believe that I was put on this earth to be some robot, which is exactly what the church wants.

Also, from what I have read, the anti christ will come calling for a one world religion and peace and stuff like that....you know, because peace and fellowship with your fellow man is so evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality