Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 03:31 PM

1,422 posts, read 950,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDominion View Post
Those atheists who think the MOA is a question begging fallacy need to get their propositional logic in order before they can think of even beginning to tackle modal logical operations.
Essentially the reason I assume the middle ground of 'Agnostic' in relation to the question.

I understand that people have beliefs for and against and ideas of G()D, and that such ideas of G()D which differ and create opposing regimes are problematic.

G()D as an idea fascinates me beyond any of the normal well entrenched ideas the ancients held and which still play a problematic role in the unfolding evolution of human society.

I have no particular 'definition' of G()D but certainly agree revision is required on the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 09:08 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,082,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
In the days before science was studied people could be forgiven for creating a deity and having it living up in the sky out of reach, nowadays there is no such excuse!
Look at the reciprocal.

In the days before science people could be forgiven for thinking that Man cannot land on the moon.
1000 years from now, science may catch up and prove that yes there is a deity.

What you gonna say then?
Apparently you won't be able to do or say anything because you won't be alive.

Old 06-20-2015, 10:15 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,149,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Look at the reciprocal.

In the days before science people could be forgiven for thinking that Man cannot land on the moon.

What you gonna say then?
2000 years from now, science may discover the Tooth Fairy, but I'm not betting on it.

Old 06-21-2015, 03:41 PM

1,422 posts, read 950,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
2000 years from now, science may discover the Tooth Fairy, but I'm not betting on it.
Argument based on the false assumption that the idea of G()D and the idea of the tooth fairy are the same subject.

Sounds legit, but it is fallacy.

Old 07-04-2015, 03:01 AM

159 posts, read 177,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousseff View Post
After what happened to you last time, please don't drag this into another creation-evolution polemic, if you value your dignity. It's not relevant to the point.
Haha.

Old 07-04-2015, 05:56 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,366,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
Such questions can be answered in a variety of ways, not all of which requires a G()D idea.

Q: What am I doing on this earth?

A: I am living an experience of a human life in which I have a limited level of choice.

Q: Where did I come from?

A: I 'came from' a place in which I have always ever existed. I wanted to know what it would be like to have a beginning and so my kind and I created a way of being able to experience beginnings.

Q: Where am I going from here?

A: This largely depends upon what I manage to find out while I am in this particular simulation of a beginning. My understanding is that I may , at least for a 'time', still be involved in the local area of this reality matrix and perhaps will have a role in helping those aspects of consciousness which have lost their way to reconnect with the greater reality.

Q: Who is my creator?

A: I have no 'creator' as I had no beginning. Simulations involve 'beginnings' and thus do provide us with the ability to conceptualize 'being created' but the reality is that no thing 'created' me really.

Q: What is the purpose of my life?

A: I decide that as I go along.
I think the truth of the matter is this. The Soul is God. The Soul has always existed, but came to this world to learn. It does this by separating itself from non-causal immortal reality where it was always God, to be created by its true self. It also came here to experience separation, so humans could experience love and/or sex.

Humans were created by God. But God was never what we thought.

Quote:
Look at the reciprocal.

What you gonna say then?
Or not, apparently.

DNA supposedly has verses from scripture woven in.

Or just straight up cause and effect.

There are already proofs out there, just nobody cares to read them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality