Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 06:41 PM

18,486 posts, read 9,143,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
A creator is logical, since the only other option is a "cosmic accident", which is illogical.
Who or what created the creator though? An uncreated creator is no less a "cosmic accident" than an uncreated universe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 06:43 PM

18,486 posts, read 9,143,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingStars View Post
Because I experienced His intervention.
Can you give more detail?

It is known the the brain can produce all sorts of profound and bizarre experiences.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:06 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,151,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Who or what created the creator though? An uncreated creator is no less a "cosmic accident" than an uncreated universe.
Oh, jimmiej has a pat answer for that one too.

Just wait.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:25 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,248,688 times
I have observed the following as reasons:
  • They have been indoctrinated or conditioned/brainwashed to do so.
  • They have had a "miraculous" experience and can't accept that this could be nothing other than a God doing it.
  • They don't know how to take accountability for their behavior.
  • They have not applied any reason or logic to the concept of the man created God.
  • They have never studied the history of all the 1000's of man created Gods that are now dead.
  • They don't get that you can have spirituality without believing in man created Gods.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:55 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,557,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
A creator is logical, since the only other option is a "cosmic accident", which is illogical.
no, this is not true. That's not the only other logical guess. Some atheist only use what we know to make choices regardless how we feel about them. You can have your god if'en you want to, but do not say the only other guess is "accident". But a bigger question is why would I be surprised

Old 06-29-2015, 05:04 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,349,134 times
If you have not experienced God...I do not know why you would believe.

That said, I do believe we carry soul memory in us and some of us 'remember'
the Other Side somehow.
It is written that each man is born with the light of God and ....something else...the knowledge of right and wrong...I can't remember...but it is there in the Bible.

If that is true, then, indeed , we have some instinct or sense of a Presence.
I did as a child...I mean 'someone' was looking outta my eyes as a kid...I 'knew' there
was some Superior Being.
Others do not have ANY experience even close to this....and this is minor...why
would they believe in anything...supernatural, beyond the physical?
That's all they know. No harm in that, imo.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
If you have not experienced God...I do not know why you would believe.

That said, I do believe we carry soul memory in us and some of us 'remember'
the Other Side somehow.
It is written that each man is born with the light of God and ....something else...the knowledge of right and wrong...I can't remember...but it is there in the Bible.

If that is true, then, indeed , we have some instinct or sense of a Presence.
I did as a child...I mean 'someone' was looking outta my eyes as a kid...I 'knew' there
was some Superior Being.
Others do not have ANY experience even close to this....and this is minor...why
would they believe in anything...supernatural, beyond the physical?
That's all they know. No harm in that, imo.
The Bible is nonsense and was not God inspired.

I have real issues with the word God since it has been distorted by humans.

The Islam God and the Christian God are the most disturbing examples of how humans have distorted the image of what many call God. Thankfully no such Gods exist.

What many refer to as God is possibly the naturally occurring good energy/life force energy/light energy found in our Universe.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Oh, jimmiej has a pat answer for that one too.

Just wait.

Colour me disappointed that jimmiej has not answered the call.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
The Bible is nonsense and was not God inspired.
I don't think it's completely nonsense but it's far from absolute truth and no more God-inspired than any literary ramblings and pseudo-scientific suppositions of early people.

Quote:
I have real issues with the word God since it has been distorted by humans.
100% with you there. All I know for sure is the Abrahamic version ain't it.

Quote:
The Islam God and the Christian God are the most disturbing examples of how humans have distorted the image of what many call God. Thankfully no such Gods exist.
Agreed.

Quote:
Possibly what many refer to as God is the naturally occurring good energy/life force energy/light energy/unseen energy/cosmic energy/ in our Universe.

There certainly is a lot of unseen energy all around us and all throughout the Universe.
Possibly.

What you describe might be similar to my musing that God is playing the music to which sub atomic particles dance.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:55 PM

Quote:
I don't think it's completely nonsense but it's far from absolute truth and no more God-inspired than any literary ramblings and pseudo-scientific suppositions of early people.
It's pretty nonsensical on so many levels I don't even know where to begin!

For example the creation of the heaven, earth and humans would put a stop to wanting to read any further.

The Christian God as presented in the Bible has got to be the most unpleasant characters in ALL FICTION writings…this fictitious God is Jealous and proud of it. Petty, vindictive unjust, unforgiving, racist and an ethnic cleanser urging his people on to acts of genocide. (Does Hitler sound familiar?)

Or the story in the book of Judges about the traveling priest who spent the night at an old man’s house… and when a mob shows up to demand this host hand over his male guest “so that we may know him” and this is what the old man said next and I quote “ Here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them what seemeth good unto you; but unto this man do not so vile a thing” So this story is about go ahead and enjoy yourself by raping and humiliating my daughter but show proper respect to my guest who is after all a male.

The punishing for not believing. The curse on all humanity for eating fruit.

I hope you get my point. To me the Bile is a very disgusting and inadequate book on every possible level. The Bible and the Quran are deeply inadequate books on every level: scientifically, historically, medically, aesthetically, ethically, spiritually, contemplatively.

These are just not the best books we have on any topic, and they should be if they were written by the creator of the Universe.

Why waste time trying to sort out the utter rubbish to find the spiritual lessons when there are plenty of other very beautifully written spiritual books out there that have no rubbish to sort through?

Why would I want to fill my subconscious with the sickening dark vibrations of these words that are written in the Bible?

No thanks...I have better sources for spiritual inspiration and development than reading this utter sickness.

Quote:
What you describe might be similar to my musing that God is playing the music to which sub atomic particles dance.
God would not be the choice of word I would use here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality