Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 12:28 PM

4,023 posts, read 3,796,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
Why are you confused?

Do you have anything else to say about your observations regarding the thread topic?
I was following someone else's tangent. But it does relate how different El, OT G*d and NT G*d are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 12:48 PM

22,137 posts, read 19,195,499 times
Rotag, the reason i asked about "feelings" regarding message received from "encounters" with beings in non-physical form, is that our feelings during and after the encounter are litmus test to the quality of the message being received, and whether it is helpful or harmful, safe or dangerous

before I let someone into my home or into my bedroom, i need to know something about them, to be safe and discerning and make good common sense decisions. it is the reason we have locks on our doors and are selective about who we let in our home or friendship or intimacy

as above so below
there are good neighborhoods and bad neighborhoods
there are beings who will help you, and those who mean you nothing but harm

how do you screen them? how do you measure or test their integrity and safety? how do you keep yourself safe from harm? would you agree that it is naive and dangerous to go into a foreign country without knowing how to keep yourself safe? and how to determine which of the characters you meet is wise and helpful, versus those who recognize an easy mark and will harm you in all possible ways?

as above so below
for instance something like the Ouija board accesses the "garbage dump" and attracts a really low level of non-physical form. it is the equivalent of walking into the worst neighborhood in the most dangerous city, wearing all your diamonds and fancy watch and a wallet full of cash. what's going to happen? are you safe?

from there people may go on to occult practices, which are more dangerous and are the equivalent of opening your home and bedroom, and yes sorry to be crude but all your physical orifices to be invaded by let's see what's a good analogy....maybe all the convicted dangerous criminals in the most high security prisons. is it safe to do this? other agents that humans use which attract harmful entities are alcohol and psychotropic drugs. a person can be so desperate for answers to really important questions, they put themself in harms way trying to access information. Asking questions is good. Exposing yourself to danger is not.

i'm not discussing theology or religion or messages received at this point, i am addressing the concern to be safe and discerning in interacting with beings in the non-physical realms. that is why feelings are essential...if during or after the encounters, or because of messages received, there is an increase in your life in hatred, violence, anger, disturbance, then it is not a messenger that has your safety or best interests at heart. be well, be safe, be discerning, because a person opens themself up to harm

I apologize to OP and readers if this is going off topic, if OP prefers we can start a new thread for this to discuss "staying safe and determining validity of messages received from beings in non-human form." thank you

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 06-18-2015 at 01:11 PM..

Old 06-18-2015, 01:14 PM

22,137 posts, read 19,195,499 times
the other thing i would add, is that if there has been a personal trauma to go to a trusted counselor, therapist, or group. people who have suffered a trauma are susceptible to attack not only on the physical plane, but on the emotional and psychic planes as well.
as above so below

i am happy to hear of your art and music and poetry, those can be very beneficial and healing and positive in terms of creativity and satisfaction
peace be well

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 06-18-2015 at 01:46 PM..

Old 06-18-2015, 03:06 PM

1,422 posts, read 950,551 times

Old 06-18-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post

I apologize to OP and readers if this is going off topic, if OP prefers we can start a new thread for this to discuss "staying safe and determining validity of messages received from beings in non-human form." thank you
I would say if you want to discuss this subject you would be best to create a thread to do so Tzap.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:40 PM

4,023 posts, read 3,796,361 times
Tangents are fine by me

Old 06-18-2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvedTones View Post
Tangents are fine by me

Here is something I got from googling El and Anu.

In relation to that data, I would say the primary candidate for Yaweh would be Marduk rather than Anu.

From the link:

Quote:
After Hammurabi, Anu retained his identity as the god of heaven, but was replaced as the chief god by Marduk, his grandson. The Babylonian myth known as Enuma Elish describes how Marduk came to achieve his position as chief god by rebelling against Tiamat, portrayed as a monstrous female sea deity.

Tiamat gives the Tablets of Destiny to her minion, Kingu, bestowing on him dominion over the gods this giving him "the power of Anu." Ansar, Anu's father, dispatches Anu to face Tiamat but he cannot withstand her. Finally, the gods decide that the only one equal to the task is Marduk. They declare him to be the greatest of them all and elect him as their leader and king. Ultimately, Marduk smashes Tiamat’s skull with his club, and half of her titanic body becomes the sky. Then, "he stretched the immensity of the firmament... and Anu and Enlil and Ea had each their right stations." Later, Marduk creates the physical world and humankind. Thus, Anu was retired to his honored place in the distant heavens, and Marduk became the ruling king of the gods.
The dynamics are intriguing.

Old 06-19-2015, 04:09 PM

Quote:
No I don't think you quite understand...not idols... unless you are implying that G()D is an idol? No you are not.
Upon further deeper pondering...yes! that is what worship is about. Idolizing one's accepted idea of "G()D."

The 'image' of god may no longer be represented as a material thing, but the same impulse to idolize some kind of image - even a 'spiritual' (invisible) one - is still a form of idolatry!

Old 06-20-2015, 05:43 PM

Do any Christians or Jews acknowledge El and the pantheon?

Apparently not.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:58 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times
Quote:
Do any Christians or Jews acknowledge El and the pantheon?

Apparently not.
El Pantheon....Great Mexican Restaurant....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality