Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 08:34 AM

4,023 posts, read 3,799,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
Do any Christians or Jews acknowledge El and the pantheon?

Apparently not.
It was genuine curiosity on my part. Discovering that was part of the undoing of what little faith I had. I felt like there were two options - believing that and abandoning faith in the deity El/Yahweh/Jehovah/God/Allah (and whatever other aliases exist) or discounting that despite it being pretty clearly documented in the Bible itself and continuing to have faith. It occurred to me that there is a third option - accepting that as part of the nature of the deity, who being all powerful is not subject to the rules of conduct later set he forth. I wondered if there were people out there who chose that option. If so, they don't post in C-D or don't want to say anything here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 03:11 PM

1,422 posts, read 951,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
El Pantheon....Great Mexican Restaurant....

Pantheon

Fancy.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReachTheBeach View Post
It was genuine curiosity on my part. Discovering that was part of the undoing of what little faith I had. I felt like there were two options - believing that and abandoning faith in the deity El/Yahweh/Jehovah/God/Allah (and whatever other aliases exist) or discounting that despite it being pretty clearly documented in the Bible itself and continuing to have faith. It occurred to me that there is a third option - accepting that as part of the nature of the deity, who being all powerful is not subject to the rules of conduct later set he forth. I wondered if there were people out there who chose that option. If so, they don't post in C-D or don't want to say anything here.
^Like I said in this post.

I made this chart up based on the info I got from this link.

Old 06-24-2015, 10:56 AM

There are parallels in other cultures which echo a similar story in relation to 'the gods'.

It seems there were disruptions in the spiritual realm long before the physical realm was established...

Old 06-24-2015, 11:21 AM

4,023 posts, read 3,799,048 times
Here is a neat list of pantheons:
Godchecker's mythology encyclopedia › Browse the pantheons of world mythology

Here is the listing for EL:
EL - the Middle-Eastern God of Creation (Middle-Eastern mythology)
and it is one more source that says:
Quote:
There are Hebrew scholars who believe EL to have been part of the ELOHIM, who fused himself into one identity to become Eloah, the singular version. This may have led to mono-God status and gotten him into the Old Testament under the name YAHWEH.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:54 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Seems if something is repeated on the Internet often enough some people think it must be true.
Yes. Like "Jesus was crucified for our sins, God raised him on the third day, and then he ascended into heaven 40 days later."

Old 06-25-2015, 03:07 PM

I get the impression that the only folk who would most likely recognize the connection here would be the Judaists.

(They would also keep fairly quiet about it because it is up to the individual to work things out...)

The Christians and the Muslims have strayed too far from the understanding of the history of G()D in relation to the G()D Family Tree.

They have vilified aspects of G()D and made it a thing of duality. They have also glorified other aspects and made these holy.

(Not to say that Judaist haven't done the same, but they seem to understand better the 'sides' of G()D.)

G()D is worshiped as an image. It may not simply be a material image like a statue etc, but also an image within their imaginations can be worshiped.

G()D is "Within"... What is this then? And This?

This stuff is older than ancient and is practically programmed into human DNA memory. At a very, very deep level, the individual consciousness can access such and understand their connection with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality