Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2015, 10:32 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,217,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Before people care what you know, they have to know that you care.
oooooh i like that
thanks Warden
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 11:36 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
By and large, though, society has always embraced male/female marriage over homosexual activity.
Society has always embraced bacon and cheese on their burger, instead of plain meat; It's not anybody's business.

Old 06-27-2015, 11:53 PM

779 posts, read 484,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Jeff, have you not yet seen that I never wear my good pants when I go to fight for freedom. You and Jindal are in the same boat, and it's stuck in the mud of the Mississippi.

Christ followers figuratively have their hands and pants dirty all the time. We are engaged in fighting for freedom, not for ourselves, but for those than are hungry (ask Jindal what he's doing about that), from poverty (ask him again), from unjust social systems (which he underwrites), from addiction and real evils like human trafficking and marginalizing gay and homosexual people.

We share with those you proclaim to be hopeless that there really is hope to be found, just not in the religion of exclusion.

Nobody cares what you know about your bible, jeff.

You don't. Uganda must really be a blessed country, since gays can't get married there. I'm sure it would be quite easy for you to get a visa. If you need money on your journey some of us will assist you. I'd be quite generous, and I live on social security.
Quote:
Sales training 101. Very nice

Old 06-28-2015, 12:32 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
Since I am a straight male that SUPPORTS same-sex marriage its affect on MY life is about the same as someone putting ketchup on their eggs .... Lets see if they can understand that.
I like ketchup on my eggs.....Is that wrong?

Old 06-28-2015, 12:37 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Comparisons are not the forte of fundamentalists. They seem to have trouble seeing legitimate parallels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
Since I am a straight male that SUPPORTS same-sex marriage its affect on MY life is about the same as someone putting ketchup on their eggs .... Lets see if they can understand that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I like ketchup on my eggs.....Is that wrong?
LOL I guess fundies aren't the only ones who have trouble getting the point of comparatives, Johnny! It is not wrong, Sans . . . it is just irrelevant to JohnnyMack's life.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:41 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
I have to say that I'm pleased that so many people have been supporting the new reality in America. And I'm sad, but not surprised, to see the bigots still clinging to their backwards thinking.

Up next: the implosion of the politicians who stand up against the new reality.
A new reality? More like a new immorality

Old 06-28-2015, 04:34 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
That the properly secular decision that SSM is legal is analogous to loss of religious freedom is as bad an analogy as the dog fighting one.
Still have never seen posted one thing about how this will change or affect the life or marriage of anyone else.

Correction...one thing mentioned has been a potential loss of income tax revenue due to the extra deductions given to married people. It's hard to believe that anyone other than somebody (jeffie) desperately scrambling to find a legitimate reason would consider this consequential enough to even mention.

Old 06-28-2015, 04:42 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Especially since that "reason" applies just as readily to interracial marriages, intra-racial marriages between people of other religions, or really in general marriages between people who are of different religions than the person putting forth the "reason" and that person's partner, marriages between people who have different hair colors as compared to the person putting forth the "reason" and that person's partner, eye color, height, weight, etc.

And give that all those distinctions have just as much secular legitimacy underlying them as sexual orientation.

Last edited by bUU; 06-28-2015 at 06:04 AM..

Old 06-28-2015, 05:09 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
A new reality? More like a new immorality
Just don't marry your same sex partner (unless you are so inclined) and all will be good...

Old 06-28-2015, 05:19 AM

1 posts, read 654 times
Inter-racial gay marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality