Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 03:06 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times

Advertisements

Yes Tarot reading will invite the wrong celestial being in and even invite fallen angels in which can haunt your home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 04:36 AM

689 posts, read 494,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar1 View Post
Can having a Tarot reading have a negative effect on your life?
I suppose it could if you are stupid enough to have one, and gullible enough to believe it!

Old 07-02-2015, 06:01 AM

3,402 posts, read 2,788,286 times
Quote:
Sorry if this distracts from people telling you about the demons you can invite into your life, but what in the world does Tarot (by this I assume you mean divination using a particular type of playing card of European origin) have to do with Santeria, a syncretic Caribbean religion?

-NoCapo

Old 07-02-2015, 07:50 AM

88,575 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
Sorry if this distracts from people telling you about the demons you can invite into your life, but what in the world does Tarot (by this I assume you mean divination using a particular type of playing card of European origin) have to do with Santeria, a syncretic Caribbean religion?

-NoCapo
Thanks, NoCapo, my question as well. Thread title has nothing to do with the first post.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:18 AM

55 posts, read 56,195 times
The reason I ask what is Santeria, Its due to the fact I have a CoWorker who is learning about the practice to become a healer. She also is learning at the same time to read Tarot cards. I am very confused as to what does Santeria have to do with reading the tarot card and how does the practice help her become a healer.
I have asked her several times but I get the feeling she's either being dishonest with me, or she doesn't fully know herself. I believe she is good person, not sure what she's really involved in. I went to her home once and her basement was set with tarot cards (3 different types), statues of Indians, Buddha, saints, a black Jesus, and some coloful beads.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:20 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Tarot reading and Santeria are two completely different things.

Tarot reading in my opinion does not have a negative affect on one's life, it is generally the one having the reading who has a self fulfilling prophecy because they have been told numerous times and they have believed that anything in the Tarot arena is bad.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:03 AM

3,402 posts, read 2,788,286 times
Quote:
The reason I ask what is Santeria, Its due to the fact I have a CoWorker who is learning about the practice to become a healer. She also is learning at the same time to read Tarot cards. I am very confused as to what does Santeria have to do with reading the tarot card and how does the practice help her become a healer.
I have asked her several times but I get the feeling she's either being dishonest with me, or she doesn't fully know herself. I believe she is good person, not sure what she's really involved in. I went to her home once and her basement was set with tarot cards (3 different types), statues of Indians, Buddha, saints, a black Jesus, and some coloful beads.
This is possible. Santeria does not have anything to do with Tarot specifically, but it does practice ritual forms of divination (usually with cowrie shells). To be honest, it sounds like your coworker is simply dabbling in lots of spiritual and mystic traditions, but committing to none of them. She is taking from each of them things she finds helpful or likes, and creating her own personal set of beliefs and practices. If it makes her happy and helps her be a better person, why not?

-NoCapo

Old 07-02-2015, 10:00 AM

22,177 posts, read 19,217,049 times
Quote:
trust your gut on this one
if you are picking up on dishonesty and confusion, then that is what is transmitted in her work to others

a good guideline in entrusting your health and well-being to any healer, whether they are an MD or an alternative healer, is whether you trust them as a person. if at a gut level you don't trust them, then that is your inner wisdom telling you that you are better off going elsewhere

a healer can only take a person as far as they have gone themselves in the healing process, never farther. the healers whose work is the most powerful, safe and effective are the healers who have done their own inner work on their own personal healing

Old 07-02-2015, 10:23 AM

55 posts, read 56,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Tarot reading and Santeria are two completely different things.

Tarot reading in my opinion does not have a negative affect on one's life, it is generally the one having the reading who has a self fulfilling prophecy because they have been told numerous times and they have believed that anything in the Tarot arena is bad.
I completely agree.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:07 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,119,848 times
Quote:
And That's what makes the world go round!
Well, the above could be said about anything in life and it does not comment on the value of the thing being contemplated.

A strong belief in apparent nonsense may be part of what makes the world go round, but it isn't one of the good parts. Exercise some judgment, discriminate among that which is true and that which is false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality