Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I'm Tired of the gay marriage threads!
Yes 18 35.29%
Yes, but I still think gay marriage is evil. 9 17.65%
No 12 23.53%
No, because we must talk about it in order to help others. 12 23.53%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 11:31 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,521,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
So.. Why start a new one?
LOL I wanted it for the poll but it turns out I started another one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 11:31 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,360,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
It's not about the person they're serving. You do get that, right? This is an issue of forcing a person to participate in an event they consider immoral. Just as we should not require you, a Jew, to cater a Nazi rally, we should not require a Christian to cater a gay wedding.
Actually, I have yet to find a case of a company that suffered legal repercussions for refusing to CATER a gay wedding (given that catering requires actual participation rather than just supplying a product). I believe someone won a suit against a bakery that refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding. Someone was merely purchasing a cake from them, not requiring them to participate in something. They absolutely refused to do the cake and they suffered legal consequences.

Of course contrast that with the bakery that refused to put a gay slur on the cake because it disagreed with their beliefs. They agreed to bake the cake and provide the materials and instructions for the purchaser to decorate the cake themselves. In other words, despite their moral objection, they served the customer to the best of their ability.

You do get that, right?

Old 07-03-2015, 12:50 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,630,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Personally I think there are at least a dozen new gay/gay marriage threads. I find it redundant, tiresome, and somewhat bigoted. (is bigoted a word?) Thoughts?
If only there were some way that you could choose not to read those threads. Oh wait, I've got an idea! You can just not read them.

There, problem solved. You're welcome.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:52 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
Quote:
Personally I think there are at least a dozen new gay/gay marriage threads. I find it redundant, tiresome, and somewhat bigoted. (is bigoted a word?) Thoughts?

What does this have to do with Religion and Spirituality? This is a relationship issue you have presented.

Besides, most fo the threads on this forum are redundant, tiresome and somewhat bigoted, that's why I keep coming back...

Old 07-03-2015, 01:28 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,950,508 times
Quote:
LOL I wanted it for the poll but it turns out I started another one.
I hate it when that happens!

Old 07-03-2015, 01:32 PM

22 posts, read 21,374 times
Tired of hearing about it. Who we share our private parts with has taken forefront above other more pressing problems we have in the U.S. The court system will now feel the burden of lawsuits filed claiming discrimination.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:42 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,426,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
It's not about the person they're serving. You do get that, right? This is an issue of forcing a person to participate in an event they consider immoral. Just as we should not require you, a Jew, to cater a Nazi rally, we should not require a Christian to cater a gay wedding.
Nazis are not a protected class, so your point is moot.

My Jewish brother is marrying his Catholic fiance. Should a Catholic or Jewish business owner be allowed to refuse to bake a cake, cater the reception, or take photos because the EVENT of marrying outside of the faith is a sin?

We don't require a Christian to cater a gay wedding. If they are not able to comply with the law, they are welcome to change their occupation.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:45 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times
Have the mods considered merging all the threads together? Does that sound sexually immoral??

Old 07-03-2015, 07:33 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,622,243 times
That's the worst possible thing they could do. The mega-thread that results from that is basically useless, because you have a hundred pages of 10 different conversations and they're all out of sequence. They do that sometimes out in the other forums, and nothing kills a discussion faster.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:50 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
That's the worst possible thing they could do. The mega-thread that results from that is basically useless, because you have a hundred pages of 10 different conversations and they're all out of sequence. They do that sometimes out in the other forums, and nothing kills a discussion faster.
Yep.

(Too soon etc.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality