Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2015, 07:08 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
IF that could be done ROE vs WADE would have been overturned years ago..and as we all know you cannot amend the constitution to remove an established right people already have.

On what ground would SSM be overturned if it was found to be in agreement with the 14th amendment?

Are you suggesting we remove the 14th amendment and restore slavery, take women's right to vote and LEGALIZE discrimination???
What do you mean "If that could be done"?
You didn't know that the way the U.S. system is set up, with enough votes you can amend the Constitution? Amend it to say whatever they want it to say, if they have enough votes. ANYTHING they want. With enough votes it could be ruled that The Supreme Court is disbanded.
I suggest you educate yourself as to how this Representative Republic system of government actually works.
The Religious currently make up enough of the electorate in the U.S., that if they acted en masse, they could vote out whoever they wanted out...vote in whoever they wanted in. They could get enough of a majority to vote ANYTHING they wanted to be law. Amend the entire Constitution. THAT is the facts of the matter of what "could be done".
My prediction: Keep pushing them and they will get fed up and fight back...sooner than you think. That's the way it has typically gone down throughout history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 07:21 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Lol the cost of having to change all those documents affects tax payers so that aspect alone proves you wrong.
That has to be the lamest argument for protesting equality. It's sad and petty.

Old 07-16-2015, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why did you not include the beginning portion of the declaration of independence?
I was asked about the rights they wrote about to say that The Creator gave. Asked if they specified exactly what they were. So I answered what was asked.

You already know what I think about "The Documents" anyways sans.
I don't give much credence to what slavemaster, genocidal, gender oppressing, barbarians wrote about "all men created equal". Greater hypocrisy man has never known.

Look man, you can write that kind of stuff all you want...even try to legislate it. But that isn't how it ever REALLY goes down in actuality. To a greater or lesser degree, nothing and nobody is actually "equal". Nice "concept"...but that is all it ever was, is now, or ever going to be...a "concept".

Old 07-16-2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
That has to be the lamest argument for protesting equality. It's sad and petty.
If we taxed the churches...I'm sure that would make up the cost.

Old 07-16-2015, 07:35 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I was asked about the rights they wrote about to say that The Creator gave. Asked if they specified exactly what they were. So I answered what was asked.

You already know what I think about "The Documents" anyways sans.
I don't give much credence to what slavemaster, genocidal, gender oppressing, barbarians wrote about "all men created equal". Greater hypocrisy man has never known.

Look man, you can write that kind of stuff all you want...even try to legislate it. But that isn't how it ever REALLY goes down in actuality. To a greater or lesser degree, nothing and nobody is actually "equal". Nice "concept"...but that is all it ever was, is now, or ever going to be...a "concept".
Well when it comes marriage, we are now all on "equal" footing. Not to a greater or lesser degree, equal.

Old 07-16-2015, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Well when it comes marriage, we are now all on "equal" footing. Not to a greater or lesser degree, equal.
No we aren't. Not at all. We just added a bit.
Many people can't marry that might like to. Relatives, multiples, etc. Those type of things had been very common in the past. Many societies throughout history have had way more "marriage equality" than this country currently has. We have a long way to go yet.
Like I said...to a greater or lesser degree, nothing is never REALLY "equal". And I stand by that...because that is a FACT.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:39 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Lol the cost of having to change all those documents affects tax payers so that aspect alone proves you wrong.
Don't forget jeffy, gays pay taxes too!

Taxes that help keep your church afloat.

Thank God for gays, eh?

Old 07-16-2015, 10:48 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,891,708 times
Quote:
By that logic, having to repaint highway markings affects taxpayers as well. Should we redefine 'highway markings' to soothe your conscience?

Old 07-16-2015, 11:10 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Same sex couples will pay the same 81 dollars per license as do heterosexual couples and I doubt it costs the state that much to print and process each license. In the very near future the costs of changing the forms will be recovered and your state taxes will be subsidized by gay couples. You can thank them now. Will this be the first time in Texas for example of the changing of the forms?

Old 07-17-2015, 02:45 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
What do you mean "If that could be done"?
You didn't know that the way the U.S. system is set up, with enough votes you can amend the Constitution? Amend it to say whatever they want it to say, if they have enough votes. ANYTHING they want. With enough votes it could be ruled that The Supreme Court is disbanded.
I suggest you educate yourself as to how this Representative Republic system of government actually works.
The Religious currently make up enough of the electorate in the U.S., that if they acted en masse, they could vote out whoever they wanted out...vote in whoever they wanted in. They could get enough of a majority to vote ANYTHING they wanted to be law. Amend the entire Constitution. THAT is the facts of the matter of what "could be done".
My prediction: Keep pushing them and they will get fed up and fight back...sooner than you think. That's the way it has typically gone down throughout history.
THEY pushed us too far and now WE are fighting back, and we have GOD and we are no longer afraid to say it!!!!

History and God are on our side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality