Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2015, 09:02 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
And I do not post anti Christian posts. I do post against bigotry, anti science etc. Most Christians I know would be agreeing more with me than you. You have a very narrow view of who are Christians. And no it was not a hypothetical impression it was a straight out accusation from you not even knowing what the post was about. And for what the fourteenth time any death threats against the baker, his family, the two women or their family or anyone else is deplorable. You are still unable to consider that there is a possibility that the women were even threatened.

I do look forward to seeing what my insults and false accusations against you are. I try extremely hard not to insult anyone, including yourself and I was especially careful not to do so in your claim that I would not care if the baker was murdered because my side could do no wrong.
Well look forward to a long wait because it's going to take me hours to wade through the barrage of attacks you and your friends have thrown at me. I know someone said I must have sniffed lead paint as a child recently. I don't remember if it was you, but it's all the same droning voice to me now. My quest continues to find just one, just one atheist who is nice and friendly to Christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 09:05 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Well I guess that means we can't even apologize. You'll just accuse us of being half-baked. Whatever you need to fit into this mold of good Bible believing Christians being the bad guys here.
There you go again, Jeffy. Twisting and distorting. I'll bet you love pretzles.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
There you go again, Jeffy. Twisting and distorting. I'll bet you love pretzles.
So you didn't say it was a half baked apology? (an assessment that could only be factually made if you can read my mind and intent)

Old 07-10-2015, 09:15 PM

Quote:
And I do not post anti Christian posts. I do post against bigotry, anti science etc. Most Christians I know would be agreeing more with me than you. You have a very narrow view of who are Christians. And no it was not a hypothetical impression it was a straight out accusation from you not even knowing what the post was about. And for what the fourteenth time any death threats against the baker, his family, the two women or their family or anyone else is deplorable. You are still unable to consider that there is a possibility that the women were even threatened.

I do look forward to seeing what my insults and false accusations against you are. I try extremely hard not to insult anyone, including yourself and I was especially careful not to do so in your claim that I would not care if the baker was murdered because my side could do no wrong.
Listen dude, I didn't accuse you of anything. If I did, it would have been a direct statement like "yes, you absolutely would have no problem with the baker being murdered." I said "something tells me" which means your posts give me this impression, sad as it sounds. I leave open the possibility that my impression could be wrong. You were offended, I apologized and you spit it back in my face. I owe you nothing now so move on. This is a pointless tangent. We both agree death threats are deplorable. Good. Case closed.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:19 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Well I guess that means we can't even apologize. You'll just accuse us of being half-baked. Whatever you need to fit into this mold of good Bible believing Christians being the bad guys here.
Always playing the victim. It has nothing to do with being a Christian and all to do with being Jeff. Take some personal responsibility for once and stop hiding behind the shield of being a Christian. We disagree with you because you make some factually 8 correct statements for example and if you think you should be able to say things that are untrue and we can't disagree with you based on any disagreement would be anti Christian instead of disagreeing with jeff. My beef is from the comments and false accusations made by you, Vizio and others and not with your god or Christ or with the religions of Christianity.

I went back and Re read my post and your response and you were way off base. Go back at post 289 and see if I did not denounce threats and yet you accused me of dismissing those threats and that you would not be surprised if the murder of the baker would not bother me. My response to you was against the false words you wrote and not against your religion. About time you stopped falsely accusing us of being anti Christian every time we argue with any bad points you bring up. Why do you hide behind your Bible or your religion, neither one is doing the posting. It is Jeff who is posting, it was Jeff who accused me of not believing in the threats or caring and it was Jeff who made an apology that made it sound like I was in the wrong. It was not god or Jesus, it was Jeff and comments opposing you are not anti Christian ones.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:26 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Listen dude, I didn't accuse you of anything. If I did, it would have been a direct statement like "yes, you absolutely would have no problem with the baker being murdered." I said "something tells me" which means your posts give me this impression, sad as it sounds. I leave open the possibility that my impression could be wrong. You were offended, I apologized and you spit it back in my face. I owe you nothing now so move on. This is a pointless tangent. We both agree death threats are deplorable. Good. Case closed.
Listen dude, there is a specific law about discriminating against anyone based on sexual orientation. The bakers violated it and were reported to the authorities. There was no publicity UNTIL the bakers went on their freedom of religion rampage online and in appearances on shows. They specifically posted the names and address of the Lesbians in an attempt to bring harassment and pressure down on them. The bakers were NOT the victims here and the civil DAMAGES awarded by the court attest to that. It was the harm caused by the baker's deliberate publicity campaign against the lesbians that the court assessed the damages for. You can continue to believe the bakers were persecuted but they were the persecutors and the court documents reveal it clearly. Educate yourself about these issues before making a fool of yourself by defending Moderator cut: deleted
just because they are Christians.

Last edited by june 7th; 07-10-2015 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: Point made.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:32 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Well look forward to a long wait because it's going to take me hours to wade through the barrage of attacks you and your friends have thrown at me. I know someone said I must have sniffed lead paint as a child recently. I don't remember if it was you, but it's all the same droning voice to me now. My quest continues to find just one, just one atheist who is nice and friendly to Christians.
It was not me! Who are my friends? There are some atheist on this forum I do not agree with on many issues and some I think are rude? There are some Christians on this forum who I really like what and how they say things and I really admire them. When it comes to anyone posting on the forum I do not lump them as Christians and atheist but as Jeff, Troutdude, Vizio and Morant, in other words as individuals. You may think there are two sides, Christians who are literalist and believe pretty much exactly what you do and then the anti Christian which includes everyone else, even other Christians, or that is how it appears.

I am not responsible for what other people post and the only time I hold you responsible for others is in response to your posting lumping us altogether. And why can you not denounce the threats made to the two women or even admit that these women were not lying?

Old 07-10-2015, 10:00 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I don't care what the law says or what the courts say, that's not what this discussion is about. Laws and courts can be wrong. We can disagree with them. This discussion is about principle.

Should someone be forced to participate, either directly or indirectly, in an event that runs counter to their morals, views, or religious beliefs?
What the law says and what the courts say is exactly what this discussion is about. (See thread title)
Sure, we can disagree with laws and with court rulings, however, as long as those laws are in effect, we are liable for any transgressions of same.
I don't agree that the speed limit by my house should be 25 mph. That is not going to negate my fines should I receive a ticket.

As for participation...
If I take my car to the car wash, is the car wash owner then participating in my future use of my car?

If I buy a chicken sandwich at McDonald's, does the kid working the drive-thru have any say as to what I do with that sandwich? Does the CEO of McDonald's? Is the kid or the CEO participating when/if I eat the sandwich? Do I have to offer them a bite?

If I buy taffeta and satin at JoAnn's, can the cashier refuse to sell me these items if I happen to mention that I plan to make clothes for my dog with the material if she thinks dogs are unclean?
Is she now a dog owner because she rang up my transaction?

If I make a communion dress from that same material, is the atheist store manager's belief system compromised? Would she be within her rights to refuse to sell to me knowing I planned to use the material in a church?
Is she participating in the communion service as a result of having sold me this material?

What principle is it exactly that says that a business that has voluntarily agreed to abide by the rules and regulations of a given locality in order to receive a permit to do business can then wantonly disregard those rules and regulations?

Old 07-10-2015, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Always playing the victim. It has nothing to do with being a Christian and all to do with being Jeff. Take some personal responsibility for once and stop hiding behind the shield of being a Christian. We disagree with you because you make some factually 8 correct statements for example and if you think you should be able to say things that are untrue and we can't disagree with you based on any disagreement would be anti Christian instead of disagreeing with jeff. My beef is from the comments and false accusations made by you, Vizio and others and not with your god or Christ or with the religions of Christianity.
And personalizing against me again. See I find that alone to be insulting because you are not offering constructive criticism. You are being combative and condescending.

Quote:

I went back and Re read my post and your response and you were way off base. Go back at post 289 and see if I did not denounce threats and yet you accused me of dismissing those threats and that you would not be surprised if the murder of the baker would not bother me. My response to you was against the false words you wrote and not against your religion. About time you stopped falsely accusing us of being anti Christian every time we argue with any bad points you bring up. Why do you hide behind your Bible or your religion, neither one is doing the posting. It is Jeff who is posting, it was Jeff who accused me of not believing in the threats or caring and it was Jeff who made an apology that made it sound like I was in the wrong. It was not god or Jesus, it was Jeff and comments opposing you are not anti Christian ones.
You only denounced death threats in 289 in a generic fashion, nothing specifically against what the owners of Sweet Cakes endured. Well of course, you think death threats are wrong. I'm sure everyone here does. My point is when the story only involved the death threats received by Sweet Cakes, I sure didn't see any outrage or concern from the pro-gay side. But when it came out that the lesbians got it too, oh suddenly it is outrage meter off the charts and we didn't hear the end of it.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:13 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:

You only denounced death threats in 289 in a generic fashion, nothing specifically against what the owners of Sweet Cakes endured.
So, when are you going to substantiate your continual assertion that the bakery owners were threatened?

You repeated ad infinitum does not make it so. I'm going to call you out on this until you show where the assertion comes from. Or should you choose to retract it because you drew it out of your butt, I'll accept a retraction also.

What's going to be Jeff? Are you going to own up that you made this up? Or you going to show us where you got this from?

Last edited by cupper3; 07-10-2015 at 10:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality