Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2015, 11:32 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Do some googling. It's not that difficult. The statistical proof shows that the homosexual lifestyle does result in higher rates of disease. Yes--people are injured by it. At the very least, you ought to be willing to legalize all drug use for adult use if you want to be consistent.

In any event, the question of victims does not change the fact that those folks feel every bit the same compulsion as you do. Why wouldn't you want them to just be happy? Look how mean-spirited you are!

No...now I guess it's the Christians' turn to take crap from LGBTQRST fascists?
Why, I just did..

How many LGBT folks have a STD? How many LGBT folks are there is the USA? I bet there aren't 50 MILLION, you think?

There are approximately 110 million people in America who have some type of STD and 20 million new cases are being diagnosed every year

WAY TOO MANY CASES to attribute to the LGBT community....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 11:56 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Why, I just did..

How many LGBT folks have a STD? How many LGBT folks are there is the USA? I bet there aren't 50 MILLION, you think?

There are approximately 110 million people in America who have some type of STD and 20 million new cases are being diagnosed every year

WAY TOO MANY CASES to attribute to the LGBT community....
Which makes the statistics even more alarming. A small segment of the population is gay, yet they make up 2/3 of the cases of HIV diagnosis. I would expect it to be the other way around if most gay people are monogamous.

Quote:

Incidence is the number of new HIV infections that occur during a given year. CDC estimates that approximately 50,000 people in the United States are newly infected with HIV each year. In 2010 (the most recent year that data are available), there were an estimated 47,500 new HIV infections.a Nearly two thirds of these new infections occurred in gay and bisexual men.

Statistics Overview | Statistics Center | HIV/AIDS | CDC

That's a fact that you can't hide from. Telling me to focus on lesbians won't take away that fact either.
I thought of this analogy. Say you have an Indian tribe that eats a certain kind of berry and they are being poisoned and dying. With your logic and Nozz, that would be telling the tribe so what, other Indian tribes aren't eating the berries and they are fine!

Old 07-14-2015, 12:02 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
No, it's because you and Jeff argue from literal interpretations of biblical passages without reference to the Spirit or the fruit of the Spirit or the "new way of learning" that IS the "New Covenant."
And actually looking to the sacred Scripture is worse than basing one's faith off of the 'truth" they pulled from their posterior?
Quote:

Just to add, that is all about actual on the ground concern for the well-being of everyone in any situation, in this case, the desire for a fulfilling relationship with the person who "hangs the moon" for the individual we are considering in the abstract here.
When does the desire for a relationship outweigh public safety, personal safety, and the rights of everyone else?

Old 07-14-2015, 12:26 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:
Right. So nevermind the statistics, as well as men that I have worked with in the past. The ones you know have been family men, so therefore all gay men are and I'm a bigot. gotcha.

When I was 18 years old I started working in a call center. It was common knowledge that they were "friendly" to the gay community and as a result there were a lot of gay men that worked there. In a place with 800 people, we had a fair representation of people that were gay as rank and file employees, as well as upper management. I can honestly say that many of them were very friendly, nice people. I became friends with many of them in the 8 years I worked there. But there were many of them that were very promiscous, and were not monogamous.

I suppose time will tell, won't it?

Capable? Sure. Of course they are. Some are, and some will be monogamous. But statistics indicate that it's the exception, not the rule.

Wait...so it's not just about victims? But it's about an orderly society? Why should orderly society get in the way of someone's happiness?

Why do you have to change the question or the rules when you get an answer you do not like. You asked me if I honestly think that gay men could be monogomous. I stated that from my knowledge yes. And now you change it to that I am denying statistics. Well the stats for how faithful straigth men range all over the place depending on where you look and I imagine the same is for gay men. Are you asking all men, all men in long term relationships or all men married? I would bet that straight or gay the percentage of those who have multiple partners changes between the groupls.

And as far as the stats go I will post you one that I think shows an absolute bias against gays

http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=IS04C02

In this one they are comparing the length of hetrosexual marriages to the lenght of homosexual relationships. Do you see this as a fair comparision? I am not sure of what stats you are planning on using but same sex marriage has not been around that long and marriages tend to be more monogomus that just dating and for a longer period of time. I have been with my wife for over 40 years but none of my other relationships lasted that long so there is proof that married men stay with women longer than single men

Are the two choices for society, a lawful one that bans homosexuals from marriage but not from having sex or a soceity that has no rules or order to it?

When I was young a lot of the people I knew were what you probably would call promiscous and none of them were gay. Maybe only women should marry but some of them are too.

No you again twist words , not a very honest discussion. You asked me if I honestly thought that gay men could be monogomous. The wording of the question left little doubt that you do not think they have the capacity to do so. I just pointed out that your assumption was incorrect simply by giving one example right off the top of my head. You worded it just like a racist would ask if I honestly thought a black man could be faithful to his wife. No difference in your wording. And from your wording I said you appeared bigotted, I never called you bigotted because I can only go from your wording. I deliberately did not call you a bigot for that very reason.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:28 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
And actually looking to the sacred Scripture is worse than basing one's faith off of the 'truth" they pulled from their posterior?

When does the desire for a relationship outweigh public safety, personal safety, and the rights of everyone else?
Looking to the letter of the Law and searching the scripture daily thinking that in them you have life and never coming to Christ is what is under consideration here and that's also "scriptural."

The desite for a relationship is just something that pretty much everyone has, and a history of promiscuity is going to be a problem in that regard whether gay or hetero. Get it through your head that people are people and there is nothing inherently wrong in a same sex relationship, becasue the idea that there IS something wrong is all in your head.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:33 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Which makes the statistics even more alarming. A small segment of the population is gay, yet they make up 2/3 of the cases of HIV diagnosis. I would expect it to be the other way around if most gay people are monogamous.

That's a fact that you can't hide from. Telling me to focus on lesbians won't take away that fact either.
I thought of this analogy. Say you have an Indian tribe that eats a certain kind of berry and they are being poisoned and dying. With your logic and Nozz, that would be telling the tribe so what, other Indian tribes aren't eating the berries and they are fine!
Just as good of an anogolgy would be the river is flooding. Why would you not evaculate those who live well above and beyond the flood plain as well as those whose homes are being flooded, or in your example the tribes that do not eat the berries should be taken to the hospital and have their stomachs pumped any way. It is a terrible and non sensical analogy. Using your own silly analogy if the one Indian tribe was eating a berry and getting poisioned you would not allow other Indians to eat non posionous berries.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:38 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
The example of the preacher giving a sermon on evolution trumping creation is completely off base.

They were getting paid to do their job. Bake a cake. There's no difference between a gay/lesbian cake and a straight cake.
Exactly. Yes, homosexuality is a sin for Christians and many other religions out there but would they also not want to sell their cakes to people who cheat on their taxes, liars, thieves, etc.? Those are sins too. Their job is to bake the cake and sell it regardless of the couple being gay/lesbian, an adult woman/man with his/her 14 year old lover, or whatever other preference/orientation is out there.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:44 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Exactly. Yes, homosexuality is a sin for Christians and many other religions out there but would they also not want to sell their cakes to people who cheat on their taxes, liars, thieves, etc.? Those are sins too. Their job is to bake the cake and sell it regardless of the couple being gay/lesbian, an adult woman/man with his/her 14 year old lover, or whatever other preference/orientation is out there.
But their god hates gays more than he hates cheaters, liars, thieves etc.

In fact - in an amazing coincidence - their god hates gays exactly as much as they themselves do!

Old 07-14-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
But their god hates gays more than he hates cheaters, liars, thieves etc.
When have we said that? I certainly have not.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Looking to the letter of the Law and searching the scripture daily thinking that in them you have life and never coming to Christ is what is under consideration here and that's also "scriptural."
Again....you seem to think that pulling some strange idea out of your backside is better than reading what God actually said. I'm sorry...but why should anyone believe you over anyone else?
Quote:

The desite for a relationship is just something that pretty much everyone has, and a history of promiscuity is going to be a problem in that regard whether gay or hetero. Get it through your head that people are people and there is nothing inherently wrong in a same sex relationship, becasue the idea that there IS something wrong is all in your head.
God has said differently. I know that the ideas you pulled out of your posterior might say differently, but sorry...I see no reason to believe your backside over God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality