U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-01-2018, 03:24 PM
 
6,404 posts, read 2,727,451 times
Reputation: 2114

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
How about political trauma syndrome, or internet trauma syndrome, or (fill in the blank). If you want to, you could make the case for practically anything. As for this thread, it only seems to be swipe at belief; mocking religion and spiritual thought.

For every one person who has maybe suffered in the name of religion, thousands more have benefitted.

Doh... This is where we discuss religion and spirituality. The good the bad and the ugly.

You only want the good? Then why not start a thread about all the good.

Become a defender of your faith and beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-01-2018, 03:51 PM
 
9,175 posts, read 3,390,692 times
Reputation: 1037
add it to

daddy trauma
mommy trauma

in fact, stop there and cure those two first. Those numbers of abusers are far worse than any religions. then focus on governments like dictators, communist, and socialist.

religion is distant third, fourth, or even fifth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2018, 05:09 PM
 
Location: Self explanatory
7,399 posts, read 3,015,203 times
Reputation: 12122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
add it to

daddy trauma
mommy trauma

in fact, stop there and cure those two first. Those numbers of abusers are far worse than any religions. then focus on governments like dictators, communist, and socialist.

religion is distant third, fourth, or even fifth.
How much does religion drive those factors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2018, 05:35 PM
 
9,175 posts, read 3,390,692 times
Reputation: 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
How much does religion drive those factors?
I would say as much as anti-religious socialism does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2018, 10:06 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
13,565 posts, read 6,008,189 times
Reputation: 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Thanks for reminding me of that thread, KingCat. It brought back some fond memories. Wonder what Dew and Kat are doing these days.
Yeah, the Dew post was CLASSIC!


I miss da Dew
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2018, 07:07 PM
 
Location: kind of North of the middle of nowhere, FL
4,269 posts, read 3,421,881 times
Reputation: 3489
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
2 years ago when this OP was originally posted I'd have thought this was crazy if I read such an article. Now, with "safe places" on campuses, and the world telling us we're hateful simply for referring to the 6 foot tall "woman" with an adam's apple and 3 days growth of a beard as a man in a dress.

.
That is not why people say you are hateful. I have read your posts and you are a very hateful person. Your religion tolerates and encourages that much, while the rest of us see the entire picture and stay away from people and churches like you and yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM
 
3,015 posts, read 667,782 times
Reputation: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
That is not why people say you are hateful. I have read your posts and you are a very hateful person. Your religion tolerates and encourages that much, while the rest of us see the entire picture and stay away from people and churches like you and yours.
Really? Am I the one that started a thread to talk about how religions are traumatizing people? Or am I the one calling anyone "hateful"? Look in the mirror.

Honestly.....take a hard look at the atmosphere around here. It's not the religious folk that are in attack mode and are insulting everyone.

Last edited by BaptistFundie; Yesterday at 09:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:07 PM
 
Location: Self explanatory
7,399 posts, read 3,015,203 times
Reputation: 12122
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Really? Am I the one that started a thread to talk about how religions are traumatizing people? Or am I the one calling anyone "hateful"? Look in the mirror.

Honestly.....take a hard look at the atmosphere around here. It's not the religious folk that are in attack mode and are insulting everyone.
Does it ever get tiring, always playing the victim? I've seen far more damning and condemnation com from the religious side, than the non-religious side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM
 
3,015 posts, read 667,782 times
Reputation: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Does it ever get tiring, always playing the victim? I've seen far more damning and condemnation com from the religious side, than the non-religious side.
You tell me. You're the one on a religious message board playing the victim card. Does it get tiring?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:36 PM
 
Location: Self explanatory
7,399 posts, read 3,015,203 times
Reputation: 12122
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You tell me. You're the one on a religious message board playing the victim card. Does it get tiring?
I'm no victim though, so I'm not sure what you're on about. Please, illustrate where I've attempted to play the victim, I'll wait.

As a matter of fact, I don't see the attacks that you claim to see, I see people with differing opinions, but that's life. I don't take differing opinions as a personal attack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top