U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2015, 08:41 AM

689 posts, read 366,945 times

Advertisements

On another forum a poster came out with the phrase, 'god thingy' which captured my imagination! I had an idea for a new range in toy gismos.

My idea is that it would be a white shining figure about 12 inches high, which when switched on you could pray to it . Once you have made your request it would give you the thumbs up or thumbs down. At least you would get a response, which is more than you get from the one in the sky!

Patent pending!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 09:00 AM

14,079 posts, read 8,601,269 times
With a little artificial intelligence it could even lay guilt trips on you, threaten you with eternal damnation, or command you to give messages from it to the rest of the world.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:08 AM

12,920 posts, read 4,963,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
With a little artificial intelligence it could even lay guilt trips on you, threaten you with eternal damnation, or command you to give messages from it to the rest of the world.
Hilarious. Too soon, etc.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:32 AM

689 posts, read 366,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Yeh why not!

Old 07-13-2015, 10:21 AM

6,822 posts, read 3,152,036 times
A Magic 8 Ball action figurine. Love it. It would be great with loud thunder noise and flashing lights.

Kick start it.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:46 AM

12,920 posts, read 4,963,296 times
Even better than a Furby or a Tickle Me Elmo!

Last edited by Freak80; 07-13-2015 at 12:06 PM..

Old 07-13-2015, 12:05 PM

37,180 posts, read 17,526,116 times
It isn't really any more absurd then what has already been out there for a long time. I recall hearing Oral Roberts in the early '60's on the radio urging listeners to send in 25 bucks for his special "prayer pillow" (prayer pillow cases sold separately, I'm not kidding) which somehow or other would be a prayer multiplier if you...well, I'm not sure if you clutched it while praying, used it to kneel on while praying, or prayed yourself to sleep with it each night, or maybe all of those things. I am sure that it was a $ multiplier for Roberts.

If you are the sort to think that a prayer pillow represented a holy investment, I don't see why you would balk at the thumbs up/down Jesus doll.

Old 07-13-2015, 04:40 PM

16,384 posts, read 7,194,580 times
I was once sent a christian prayer rug in the mail.

A carpet design was printed in color on a sheet of letter-sized paper folded in half and sent to me in a 5x8 envelope. Accompanied by a request for money (natch) and a several page letter informing me of all the miracles that would be coming my way if I sent the money, and all the damnation that I would receive if I threw the paper rug away.

I have NO IDEA why I was on that particular bulk mailing list. It's possible someone added me as a joke, but if so, I never found out who.

I kept it for quite a few years, as an example of demented thinking, but eventually tossed it when I retired and down-sized. Still miss it sometimes though, it was a guaranteed laugh.

I think the doll idea has commercial possibilities. It would need to come in more than one persona though, like Ken and Barbie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or