Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 11:30 PM

920 posts, read 931,009 times

Advertisements

Here is a link to the police report. http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/b...n-a-year-58906

Scroll down to the middle and click. There is alot of blacking out so it is difficult and time consuming to discipher but it can be done to some extent

What happened, what i read was Josh had touched the majority of kids while they slept, none awoke except one child who was grabbing a blanket he was apparently trying to take from her which fell on the floor. That was her impression of what had occured until she was told later. I believe Josh convinced her of this quite easily

Someone, the name was blacked out, reported Josh had done something to her while she slept. So one child did know and report it.

The only reason they got caught is because to deal with Josh, they went to Elders of the Church. Someone, an elder? Wrote down what happened and placed it into a book. That book was loaned out later to someone in the church who heard they were going on the Oprah show. They faxed a copy of what happened asking Oprah to ask them these questions on tv. the latter also warned oprah not to have this group as later when the truth comes out, she could look silly.. Oprah show forwarded it to the DOJ.

Josh was told to apologize to his victims saying he had wrong motives. Most had no clue what happened.
But one child was totally awake, a YOUNG child whom he fondled or touched while she was on his lap. Detective needed to draw a photo to prove the small childknew where her own private areas were, (breasts, vagina), they asked her questions. Now I've forgotten if she knew to answer but Josh had already confessed so it didn't matter.
He violated a child who was not a family member and who was spending the night on the couch if I recall. I cannot comment on that as my eyes gave out while reading that part. But someone said she is the one who is suing him in civil court now

It wouldn't hurt for CPS to also interview Josh duggars kids JUST IN CASE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 11:30 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Totally agree. They are not the least bit wholesome. Blanket training is nothing but child abuse.
I had to look it up, but I agree...Punishing a baby or child because they are curious is not only bizarre, but counterproductive to their mental growth.

Quote:
Blanket training is the Pearls’ first step to molding obedient children: starting in infancy, parents put their baby on a blanket and flick them with a flexible ruler or other instrument if the baby tries to roll or crawl off. Eventually, the baby is “trained” to ignore his or her natural curiosity and stay on the blanket, because he or she is scared.
Police Report Reveals the Duggar Discipline Method: "They Have a Rod"

Old 07-19-2015, 11:49 PM

Instead of responding to Josh's pleas for help, they instead exploited their son as child labor for a "friend" (which they also called Christian rehab)

The officer makes contact with Michelle to set up an interview with another kid. They set the time. The officer asks about the training center Josh was sent to. Michelle explains that the center wasn’t a center and the “counselor” wasn’t certified. She explains that he was a guy they knew who was remodeling a building. The officer asks if he was a mentor. Michelle replies “Kind of.” (PR 30-

Old 07-20-2015, 08:07 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I had to look it up, but I agree...Punishing a baby or child because they are curious is not only bizarre, but counterproductive to their mental growth.

Police Report Reveals the Duggar Discipline Method: "They Have a Rod"
It is counterproductive to normal, healthy development but not to brain-washing. Have you read anything from people who have grown up in Gothardism? They report that being unhappy is viewed as rebellion to both God and parents, and that children are whipped until they "display a happy countenance".

Carefully scripted lives: My concerns about the Duggars

Last edited by Petunia 100; 07-20-2015 at 08:17 AM..

Old 07-20-2015, 12:54 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,353,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorsyGal View Post
Oh ok.I am not so sure about that ^^ he was awfully young. Had he had been even a few years older, I would say that is more likely than not he'd be dealing with those feelings. Trying to contain them.. But there are so many kids that age who do that kind of stuff, and most turn out just fine. It is not normal but it is not that uncommon either. Again, add a few years and I'd be much more concerned
What they do not tell you is...years back I saw an interview. I haven't found it since. They were living in a 1200 sq foot home, two bathrooms with 10 children. That is 12 people in a tiny house. Probably wouldn't be such a big deal except it's a Cult. They have no outside interaction really, just people of their parents choosing. Now confined to a small space.

Oh and later in interviews, they made out as if their money came from the fathers earnings, it didn't. It came from their tv show, being a celebrity. Prior...my guess is much of their income came from food stamps and welfare. Don't get me wrong, welfare is a great resource. But it is being abused when someone keeps getting knocked up on purpose. Even if you are involved in Politics in any form

At the time I saw the interview, I saw a couple explaining how they felt entitled to bear children. As if God granted these kids to them and they did nothing, absolutely nothing,not even had sex. As if these kids just fell from the sky. I am saddened about the molestations but the abuse these kids have endured, just the spiritual abuse by their own parents to me, is much worse. The kids don't even go to church as Dad is their pastor. Even their so called Homeschool is affilated with a very controversial man called Bill Goddard? someone who promotes beating infants. Abuse is what he's been taught. Josh is at risk for injuring a child, not just molesting them. The whole thing is such a mess it's not funny. Then when CPS came a knockin, they felt so entitled and above the system they refused to let them in to check on the other kids. I feel bad those girls got touched while they were sleeping but imho, what the parents do to ALL of the children is a higher level of abuse of all forms. Including sexual, even their religious teachings make the children out to feel like sex objects. Josh may have repeated the cycle later, I don't know. But he TRIED earlier to get himself help, he was motivated to divulge some pretty dirty acts to get straightened out. Versus his parents who feel entitled to people's devotion despite their own severe child abuse. The parents are the most prolific perps imho
What I don't get is why the authorities haven't yanked all the kids out of there and filed charges against these so-called parents. I mean do they believe beating infants (as the Mrs. admitted to), taking a warped stand on sexual abuse, etc., fall within the category of parental rights?

And 'free speech' or not, something should be done about those Pearls- numerous children have already DIED because of what they're pushing people to do. It's nothing less than a how-to handbook for child abuse!!

Old 07-20-2015, 01:20 PM

19,956 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
What I don't get is why the authorities haven't yanked all the kids out of there and filed charges against these so-called parents. I mean do they believe beating infants (as the Mrs. admitted to), taking a warped stand on sexual abuse, etc., fall within the category of parental rights?
Child Protective Services (CPS) tends to be a rather schizophrenic agency, guilty by turns of being way too reluctant to relieve some parents of their rights and way too willing to look the other way, depending on the situation. Both kinds of horror stories abound.

All things being equal I would rather that CPS err in favor of parents. Much as I dislike the Duggars train wreck, if CPS concerns itself with anything more than overt neglect and active provable molestation then it's inevitably going to get involved in second-guessing things like people's religious (non)beliefs and calling anything "deviant" to be "abuse". It's just the nature of how bureaucrats function.

Calling down the wrath of Uncle Sam or his state / local representatives seems satisfying but it's one of those "be careful what you ask for" kinda things. Should children be wards of the state because they are home-schooled? Fed a vegan diet? Because the family are nudists? Atheists? Off the grid? Simply dirt poor? Who gets to decide? Who has oversight? What recourse do parents have? How are the interest of the children both defined and balanced? Too often it is some random case worker who in practice has the power to upend a family unit based on their personal judgment and a perceived "emergency". And it is some gossipy neighbor who has the power to lodge a complaint based on here-say, personal grievances, paranoia, etc. I've heard too many stories like that where loving parents have their children taken from them and can't do a thing about it. I know of one guy who had to divorce his wife and leave the state so that she could get the children returned to her, because of a belief, without evidence, that he was molesting them sexually, based on the accusation of some neighbor who had never set foot in his house and didn't know him, and despite the denial of the accused, his wife, and his four children, and no substantiation on offer from the agency. The wife then moved out of state herself and she and her husband and children put the pieces back together.

Until such excesses are demonstrated to be under the oversight of a system of real checks and balances, I'm not too eager to have CPS interfere even with the likes of the Duggars. When children are taken from their family there needs to be a day in court, very swiftly, in which everyone gets an objective hearing, and there needs to be a default bias in favor of noninterference, or failing that, reconciliation and restoration. There has to be accountability. From what I know of how these agencies work, often that's not the case.

Old 07-20-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post

And 'free speech' or not, something should be done about those Pearls- numerous children have already DIED because of what they're pushing people to do. It's nothing less than a how-to handbook for child abuse!!
Spot on

Old 07-20-2015, 07:48 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Josh announced he has a new baby girl. Sad and icky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality