Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 02:05 PM

19,825 posts, read 13,361,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
My opinion is that I believe what Scripture says. Scripture says that God hates sinners. People in hell are there because they are sinners.
I thought god loved sinners but hated their sin? That he died for sinners. That he is not willing that any should perish.

It appears you believe that god puts people he hates into hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 02:33 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,926,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I thought god loved sinners but hated their sin? That he died for sinners. That he is not willing that any should perish.

It appears you believe that god puts people he hates into hell.
Bingo.

Pretty sad, huh mordant? The god of some Christians is far worse than the gods of the heathen.

George Carlin on Religion is BS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcy40pvGIGQ

Last edited by Eusebius; 07-21-2015 at 02:44 PM..

Old 07-21-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
1 Timothy 2:3-6 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; (4) Who will have all
men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. (5) For there is one God, and one
mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be
testified in due time.

It's true. God will eventually save all mankind. His will trumps man's.
Quote:
Funny...nowhere does it actually say that. He wishes all men would come to repentance, but they won't. Just as he wishes that none would sin...but we do.
What do you mean "nowhere does it actually say that." It just said it. Duh!

Old 07-21-2015, 02:47 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,922,410 times
Quote:
My opinion is that I believe what Scripture says. Scripture says that God hates sinners. People in hell are there because they are sinners.
This is wrong Vizio as God hates the sin as he does not want to see us perish as the devil would as he loves sin and hopes he can bring as many victims down as he can. He hates people but loves the sin that will put them in eternal torment.

Old 07-21-2015, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
This is wrong Vizio as God hates the sin as he does not want to see us perish as the devil would as he loves sin and hopes he can bring as many victims down as he can. He hates people but loves the sin that will put them in eternal torment.
So, according to you, God is trying to get as many as He can into Heaven and Satan is trying to get as many as he can into Hell?

So, according to you, Satan gets his billions but God a measly few? That makes God the biggest loser in the universe, you know.

The God of Christendom

Old 07-21-2015, 03:08 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,521,721 times
in the end, I like mine with relish and mustard. or is that embellished and retard? ahh whatever.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:17 PM

63,570 posts, read 39,862,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But you make no attempt to test the consistency of Christ's message by the Spirit of agape love (who IS God). You accept everything in the Bible no matter how contradictory or inconsistent with the TRUE NATURE of God and Jesus as unambiguously revealed by Jesus. Who taught you that inconsistency is acceptable? Why would Jesus or God be inconsistent with their own nature?
Amen.
But there is an unambiguous standard in the narrative, mordant. It was epitomized by Christ by enduring the scourging and crucifixion with love for us all, including His torturers and murderers. There is no ambiguity is such an act. "No greater love . . . "
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
This is an interesting point in the 'problem of evil' debate, where the question about the morality of eternal torment by a god piqued because we used the brains we were given rather than bin them and rely on Faith, becomes one about the morality of eternal torment where there is no redress or way out.
You identify the central corruption in mainstream hellfire and brimstone Christianity, Arq. The absurd idea that a God who IS agape love could ever hate anyone for anything exposes the complete lack of thought, logic or reason in the eternal Hell dogma. It is unreasoning credulity at its worst. It is the epitome of immoral . . . or there is no such thing.
Quote:
I have in the past written about a moral situation worthy of any god that deserves respect where we are put up in front of a particular god (and it could be Allah for all you people know, so this applies to you, too) and given the chance to change our minds. The question of changing our beliefs after a thousand years in hell is hardly the issue.
But of course that won't suit the believers who need to have eternal punishment for the unbelievers with no chance to repent after death - only while alive - because otherwise, religion has no stick and everyone gets the carrot. The bait and switch loses the bait, the con trick loses the lure and the Big Lie ceases to have any force.
It is a travesty for sure, Arq! But we humans are a perverse lot and we should not be surprised by it.
Quote:
QED!!!

Old 07-21-2015, 04:15 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,136,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Got a verse for that? I can provide you scripture showing that God does indeed hate:

Psalm 5:5, "The boastful shall not stand before Thine eyes; Thou dost hate all who do iniquity,"

Psalm 11:5, "The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked, and the one who loves violence His soul hates."

Lev. 20:23, "Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nation which I shall drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them."

Prov. 6:16-19, "There are six things which the Lord hates, yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: 17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 18 A heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil, 19 A false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers."

Hosea 9:15, "All their evil is at Gilgal; indeed, I came to hate them there! Because of the wickedness of their deeds I will drive them out of My house! I will love them no more; All their princes are rebels."

Romans 9 explicitly states that God loves some, and he hates some. He loved Jacob, and he hated Esau.

Of course, the good news is that Christ died on the cross to turn away the wrath of God.

Old 07-21-2015, 04:54 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,815,749 times
Quote:
Got a verse for that? I can provide you scripture showing that God does indeed hate:
The hatred shown by Jesus was against Pharisees. I don't know of anyone who fits that description today more than Christians. Those are the ONLY people Jesus seemed to hate.

Christians are nothing like Jesus.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:30 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,521,721 times
Quote:
you need hell to feel better. I wish I could relieve the agnst with that belief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality