Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 11:05 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,572,387 times

Advertisements

The Book of Revelation 20:12

(Judgement Day)

I saw the dead, both unimportant and important, standing in front of the throne, and books were open. Another book was opened-the Book of Life. The dead were judged according to their works, as recorded in the books.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 11:12 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,199,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post

(Judgement Day)

I saw the dead, both unimportant and important, standing in front of the throne, and books were open. Another book was opened-the Book of Life. The dead were judged according to their works, as recorded in the books.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:13 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,199,480 times

Old 04-15-2009, 01:41 PM

40,049 posts, read 34,533,909 times
Quote:
Now there's an interesting idea! Given the obsession some people have with numbers, particularly numbers that may show up in the bible, I think we should start investigating what the 12th verse in the 20th chapter of various individual books have to say. Then we can have fun interpreting what they mean as regards the (possible) end of the world in the year 2012.

Allow me to begin this fascinating new sub-thread. Here's Leviticus 20:12

"And if a man lie with his daughter-in-law, both of them shall surely be put to death; they have wrought corruption; their blood shall be upon them."

...From which we are obviously meant to conclude that the end of the world will occur in a blaze of absolutely incomprehensible sexual activity!

Old 04-15-2009, 01:48 PM

40,049 posts, read 34,533,909 times
Or wait, maybe even better! From the book of Second Kings 20:12

"At that time Berodach-baladan, the son of Baladan, king of Babylon, sent a letter and a present to Hezekiah; for he had heard that Hezekiah had been sick."

So everyone shall begin demonstrating concern for the well-being of others...and then the whole world comes crashing down. Isn't it evident?

Old 04-16-2009, 02:36 AM

589 posts, read 1,557,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
wilvan, maybe you could explain why there were not any catastrophes in the last four times that this calendar ended and started again, this calendar has been around for 2500 years, it is a 500 year cycle, so what happened the first four times that this calendar ended?
Based on my research regarding Planet X (Bible: Star Wormwood) it has a cycle of about 3600-4000 yrs. So the last time it journeyed back to our solar system could possibly be during the Great Flood of Noah (?), or the time of Moses in the Exodus (?).

http://www.returnofplanet-x.com/images/BD_XC.pdf (broken link)

Old 04-16-2009, 04:53 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,486,521 times
Quote:

(Judgement Day)

Greetings, gsoboi: John was shown those things which were in his day to shortly take place. He was told by the angel to NOT seal up the words of the prophecy (unlike Daniel 12) because the time was THEN near (Rev. 22:6, 10)! The events of Revelation 20:12 are involved in that time frame!

Preterist

Old 04-16-2009, 08:59 AM

857 posts, read 1,419,571 times
How about Genesis 20:12

"And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife."

Incest leads to the end of the world, this actually makes more sense than the rest of them

Old 04-16-2009, 10:14 AM

10,604 posts, read 11,637,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
Based on my research regarding Planet X (Bible: Star Wormwood) it has a cycle of about 3600-4000 yrs. So the last time it journeyed back to our solar system could possibly be during the Great Flood of Noah (?), or the time of Moses in the Exodus (?).

http://www.returnofplanet-x.com/images/BD_XC.pdf (broken link)

And what exactly does that have to do with the Mayan calendar and I'm really curious as to how reliable your research is and why are you trying to take a Native American culture and trying to make it fit within your Christianity.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:37 AM

589 posts, read 1,557,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
And what exactly does that have to do with the Mayan calendar and I'm really curious as to how reliable your research is and why are you trying to take a Native American culture and trying to make it fit within your Christianity.
It is all about connecting the dots. The Mayan calendar ends in 2012; the Chinese I-Ching also ends in 2012. Since you asked about Native American, I googled it and this is what I found.

But of all the doomsday scenarios we find through different cultures, the Bible's prophecy gives the most detailed information regarding the coming global cataclysm. It says what is coming is a STAR... who would have thought? It gives us the blow by blow disasters in chronological order!

2012, Native American Prophecy, Planet X, Mayan Calendar, Earth Changes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality