Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 07:41 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,260,493 times

Advertisements

no evidence of either, assuming i am real, how did i get here.
open to speculation. religion is belief not scientific data.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 01-24-2008 at 07:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 07:44 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,160,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I believe God made both man and woman in His image, neither man or woman is made more in the image of God than the other. God has no physical body, instead we are reflections of God's glory.
Things like this are just mumbo-jumbo that can't be explained with thoughts.
One of the major barriers to a discussion is that the believers do not use their minds to formulate their opinions, but merely repeat (like tape recorders) the bible verses they have memorized.
Religion is full of metaphors and various forms of figurative language which explain nothing. In this case, words like "reflections" and "glory".

Old 01-24-2008, 07:47 PM

23,002 posts, read 34,323,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
One of the major barriers to a discussion is that the believers do not use their minds to formulate their opinions, but merely repeat (like tape recorders) the bible verses they have memorized.
Religion is full of metaphors and various forms of figurative language which explain nothing. In this case, words like "reflections" and "glory".
You're right it can only explained by the Holy Spirit, which you do not have.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:51 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,239,057 times
As an atheist who doesn't believe in a god, of course I don't have a "holy spirit" or any other spirit.

I do just fine with explaining things via science or personal observation.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:03 PM

10,604 posts, read 11,638,180 times
Quote:
I believe God made both man and woman in His image, neither man or woman is made more in the image of God than the other. God has no physical body, instead we are reflections of God's glory.
North Carolina, I appreciate your answer and I appreciate the fact that you believe the way you do, although you and I have different beliefs I still value your opinion, thank you.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:05 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,160,486 times
Quote:
You're right it can only explained by the Holy Spirit, which you do not have.
The mumbo-jumbo, not the thoughts, just gets deeper and still nothing can be explained or defined.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:09 PM

23,002 posts, read 34,323,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
North Carolina, I appreciate your answer and I appreciate the fact that you believe the way you do, although you and I have different beliefs I still value your opinion, thank you.
Thank you, I value your thoughts too, you are always so kind and respectful of other beliefs, you have much class and I have great respect for you.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Visvaldis, I understand your thoughts here and yes to you some of this may seem just mumbo-jumbo, however there are those that do truly believe in the Bible and for that I do respect them as I think we all should whether we believe in it or not, I do not necessarily agree nor do I believe in what the Bible has to say, however I will respect those that do. Thank you

Old 01-24-2008, 08:11 PM

613 posts, read 1,269,022 times
and god created himself

Old 01-24-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Interesting statement, but only half of the full statement, let me explain,a couple years ago I was sitting with a group of about 20 individuals and we were talking about different religions and I brought the statement up and asked everybody to think about it before I completed the rest of the statement, now mind you these were people of all different types of religions and beliefs, so now I bring this statement here, but only the first half for now and I welcome all of your thoughts on this. So let the process begin, but let's be respectful of everyone's opinion and thoughts here.
Okay folks, let's continue this and when we have gotten a few more comments, opinions, and thoughts on the above statement then I will give you the second half of it. Let's remember to stay respectful of everybody's opinion here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality