Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 01:44 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,139,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Ever heard of "civil disobedience"? If you studied history in school, you'll know what I am talking about. In this case, it is necessary and the more that participate the better. There needs to be a decision made about religious freedom and one little judge isn't going to cut it.

Well, when the lobby for something like illegal immigration and LGBT "equality" at work, nothing else or no one else matters. That is your difference.

Anyone that thinks you can force acceptance needs to read all the threads attacking people of color, specifically "black" and see that only the surface changes. You cannot force acceptance.

Religious freedom needs to be pushed and individuals need to step forward like this in order to force the issue so that a decision is made based on constitutional rights.

Civil disobedience is what made our country and now, we are all supposed to be robots. As always, marriage is between one man and one woman. Gay marriage is something entirely different. Perhaps the answer lies in between those two. It isn't like you are approving of a marriage but giving someone a license for a gay marriage - oxy moron type thing.

Least I forget, I don't really care what they do in Canada or the rest of the world! Also "fundy", you need to learn something about religion to realize that fundamental Christians are not the only ones that believe that marriage is between one man and one woman and their also those with no religion that believe in traditional marriage: Articles: Ten Non-Religious Reasons to Keep Marriage Traditional

So, they can gay marry but can they force others to be a part of the................. Only time will tell and civil disobedience will get us to the point of making it official.
Which usually comes with GO STRAIGHT TO JAIL, DO NOT PASS GO NOR COLLECT A GO-FUND ME

Do we really suppose an extreme right wing-nut can write an article that explains why SSM is wrong and NOT include religion?? ROFLMFAO..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 01:58 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,598,022 times
I think she should lose her job. Perhaps she will organize a GoFundie page so she can stop working, and be supported by like minded believers. The county is going to be tired of being sued by couples being denied their civil rights.

Old 08-13-2015, 02:00 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,194,497 times
If she is so worried about the sanctity of marriage, why is she on her fourth husband? Frickin hypocrite.

Old 08-13-2015, 02:04 PM

22,991 posts, read 10,333,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
the associated press has reported that the county clerk turned away two gay couples seeking marriage licenses, thereby defying a federal judge's order.

despite judge's order, rowan co. Clerk refuses to issue same-sex - wowk 13 charleston, huntington wv news, weather, sports

now, i'm not a lawyer, i didn't play one on tv, and i didn't stay at a holiday inn express last night, but that sounds like contempt of court to me. Is somebody going to say it is her religious freedom to ignore the order of a federal judge? Doesn't the job description of a country clerk include issuing marriage licenses?
lol

Old 08-13-2015, 02:05 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,134,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
If she is so worried about the sanctity of marriage, why is she on her fourth husband? Frickin hypocrite.
Why the personal attack on her? The fact that she has divorced and remarried does not mean that she can't recognize that marriage should be between a man and a woman.

Old 08-13-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I think she should lose her job. Perhaps she will organize a GoFundie page so she can stop working, and be supported by like minded believers. The county is going to be tired of being sued by couples being denied their civil rights.
So do you also think the mayor of San Francisco or the POTUS should be thrown out of office for refusing to enforce the laws they disagree with?

Old 08-13-2015, 02:10 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,768,459 times
The clerk is such a deep believer in Biblical marriage...

...that she's on her fourth one.

'I Do' as I Say, Not as I Do : snopes.com

You suppose when she rationalizes refusing to uphold the oath she took when she assumed her job, and when she refuses to do the job all the taxpayers of her county - even the gay taxpayers - are paying her to do, that she quotes Matthew 19:3-6, which mentions marriage being between a man and a woman but in the context of declaring that only God (and not a divorce court) can grant a just-because-I-don't-want-to-be-married-anymore divorce?

The self-absorption of these people should be astonishing - but, sadly, it's merely predictable.

Old 08-13-2015, 02:20 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,893,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why the personal attack on her? The fact that she has divorced and remarried does not mean that she can't recognize that marriage should be between a man and a woman.
I thought the Bible was against divorced women? Picking and choosing again are we?

Old 08-13-2015, 02:21 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,598,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
So do you also think the mayor of San Francisco or the POTUS should be thrown out of office for refusing to enforce the laws they disagree with?
I am willing to let the court decide. I think the DOJ should investigate, and prosecute all laws being broken. The loser gets to appeal. It can be appealed to the Supremes who may, or may not hear the case, or return it to the lower court. This is how the system works.

You seem to make this personal against this particular President. This is a smoke screen, deserving it's own thread. Go start one.

In this case, the Supreme Court decided. The woman is wrong. She should be sued personally if she continues.

The DOJ certainly can look into this as a civil rights violation perpetuated by the state if this woman continues refusing LGBTQ couples, and keeps her job.

Old 08-13-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I am willing to let the court decide. I think the DOJ should investigate, and prosecute all laws being broken. The loser gets to appeal. It can be appealed to the Supremes who may, or may not hear the case, or return it to the lower court. This is how the system works.

You seem to make this personal against this particular President. This is a smoke screen, deserving it's own thread. Go start one.
My point is that in this country, we have elected officials, such as the POTUS, local mayors, and now a county clerk choosing to ignore laws. No one seems to bat an eye if it's the POTUS or a mayor...but now that it's a county clerk and it's THIS particular law, people are freaking out.

I am simply wondering why?
Quote:
In this case, the Supreme Court decided. The woman is wrong. She should be sued personally if she continues.

The DOJ certainly can look into this as a civil rights violation perpetuated by the state if this woman continues refusing LGBTQ couples, and keeps her job.
I would find it extremely ironic if the DOJ "looks into" an elected official doing what the POTUS has instructed them to do already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality