Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2015, 03:26 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times

Advertisements

At least Anna's brother is standing up for her and not whitewashing Josh's actions even calling him a pig.

Quote:

Although the Duggars are famously devout, Daniel wants his sister to get divorced. Ana said after Josh's sexual molestation scandal that she wouldn't leave him, but she hasn't said anything this time around...yet. Her brother wrote that he would do anything to help her get out of that marriage.
"I have told her I would pay for her to move out here w me and pay for her kidz. I don't think josh will see that this is a big deal and be truly broken till that happens," he wrote, and then added, "I told her I would go get her and her children stay w me. She said she's staying where she's at. But I won't stop trying to get that pig out of our family."

Anna Duggar's Brother Daniel Keller Bashes Josh Duggar: I Won't Stop Trying to Get that Pig out of Our Family | E! Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 03:49 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ve View Post
Umm, he is an admitted child molester and repeat offender who continued his crimes even after being caught. His parents said in an interview that he simply moved on to molesting them in the public living area once they locked down the girls' bedrooms.

When most teens were getting jobs, drivers license and chasing other teen girls, he was molesting small toddlers, at least one of which, according to his own parents statement, had an age in the single digits.

As far as the people here who mentioned him having homosexual tendencies. One of the victims in the police report stated that they liked to work on cars and do carpentry in their spare time, hobbies that are strictly relegated to male sex-roles in the Duggar household. Every natural and healthy act of sexual growth and enjoyment is strictly repressed in this family and religion, which is a direct cause of the epidemic of Christian sex scandals we see in this country..

I predicted that more would come out - after the way the first child predator crimes were covered up and not properly dealt with. Then the sex scandal involving their own church leader. I also predict that this is not the last we will hear of the hypocrisy coming out of this family that makes a career (literally) out of shaming and condemning others.

Umm, no kidding, thanks for the recap.

Old 08-24-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ve View Post
I am surprised no one here has mentioned his other profiles on Facebook and OK Cupid dating site, all linked back to him. And containing connections with strippers and hookers.

One man who is a DJ had his photograph stolen by Josh Duggar who used it on his profile to fish for women. Obviously he could not use his own photo because he is famous, so he stole this guy's pic that looks similar to himself. This man is said to also be considering a lawsuit against Duggar. Imagine how embarrassing it would be to have your picture posted online like this, making people think it is really you fishing for hookers and sex.
Hopefully, Matthew McCarthy will follow through.

Old 08-24-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
At least Anna's brother is standing up for her and not whitewashing Josh's actions even calling him a pig.

Anna Duggar's Brother Daniel Keller Bashes Josh Duggar: I Won't Stop Trying to Get that Pig out of Our Family | E! Online

I was pleasantly surprised to read that Daniel Keller and his wife do not follow Bill Gothard. I wish someone would write more about it. Did he reject it initially, or did he give it up for his wife, or did he reject it later when they decided to adopt, or were they dis-fellowshipped after they adopted, or what?

Old 08-28-2015, 04:37 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Finally, little Josh is going into rehab.
Unfortunately, it's not going to inspire most of us to think he's going to be better off for it.
"This rehab specializes in victory!

Borrowing from the information gleaned by others on a different forum.

"He is in Reformers Unanimous in Rockford, Illinois. It is affiliated with the North Love Baptist Church. The treatment includes work, prayer, and Bible study. Talking about "old habits" is not allowed. There are no actual bona fide mental health professionals mentioned."
From their mission statement:

"Our mission is to train and empower men and women to live victorious Christian lives, enabling them to have permanent victory from any and all crippling sins.""

Old 08-28-2015, 07:35 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Unfortunately, it's not going to inspire most of us to think he's going to be better off for it.

"He is in Reformers Unanimous in Rockford, Illinois. It is affiliated with the North Love Baptist Church. The treatment includes work, prayer, and Bible study. Talking about "old habits" is not allowed. There are no actual bona fide mental health professionals mentioned."

"Our mission is to train and empower men and women to live victorious Christian lives, enabling them to have permanent victory from any and all crippling sins.""
Is this the same group that subscribes to the "pray the gay away" philosophy?

Old 08-28-2015, 07:36 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:

So he's going to fix his problems without talking about the problems. Ostrich therapy.

Old 08-28-2015, 07:46 AM

468 posts, read 265,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
So he's going to fix his problems without talking about the problems. Ostrich therapy.
Won't work

Old 08-28-2015, 09:37 AM

19,997 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
Good luck with that.

It's just another way of saying, "Our mission is to enable people to continue denying, hiding, and evading responsibility for addictive behaviors, and to wish it all way really hard rather than deploy mental health standards of care."

I did not think the Duggars would countenance sending him to actual professionals.

Old 08-29-2015, 05:09 PM

206 posts, read 215,521 times
The Duggar family goes radio silent after Josh's latest scandal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality