Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2011, 06:04 PM
LWI

28 posts, read 21,847 times

Advertisements

I can see right now that the difference between my generation and the older one is that we ain't afraid to put ourselves in a position to experience the thang THEN try to figure out why it happen.

The older folks just say it don't exist and I ain't gonna try to figure it out either. Real brave...lack of curiosity and adventure and so very unscientific. Christians have got you whip and you can't even see it.

I guess thats why its young folks that go in with cameras, evps, and the like...then do the research on the thing. We KNOW there are at least 11 dimensions which can mean anything right now...

Gawd well I do but then we ain't so scary to experience what we don't yet understand and we ain't gonna cower in some corner or put on blinders and say but it can't exist because I'm an atheist... thats why I wish there was another name for it.

Might as well be afraid of ideas cause you can't see where they originate, and just pop into your head.

Last edited by LWI; 06-21-2011 at 06:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 06:43 PM

593 posts, read 1,315,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWI View Post
I can see right now that the difference between my generation and the older one is that we ain't afraid to put ourselves in a position to experience the thang THEN try to figure out why it happen.

The older folks just say it don't exist and I ain't gonna try to figure it out either. Real brave...lack of curiosity and adventure and so very unscientific. Christians have got you whip and you can't even see it.

I guess thats why its young folks that go in with cameras, evps, and the like...then do the research on the thing. We KNOW there are at least 11 dimensions which can mean anything right now...

Gawd well I do but then we ain't so scary to experience what we don't yet understand and we ain't gonna cower in some corner or put on blinders and say but it can't exist because I'm an atheist... thats why I wish there was another name for it.

Might as well be afraid of ideas cause you can't see where they originate, and just pop into your head.
What are you talking about??

dimensions??? Serously?? Usually athiest are scientifically based and not fake based, we leave that for the believers.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:44 PM
LWI

Man...its hopeless if you don't even know that science is talking about more than even 11 dimensions. What am I doing with these old people.

You haven't even kept up with scientific theory! dang!!!!! Everything is faith base with you...glad my school taugh us logic starting in 4th grade and we are not afraid of inquiry. I'm outta this place. You're more closed than a Christian...so must be an old atheist. Yall got christian gods to much on your mind, measuring yourself against christians and what they think to much, becoming as crazy as them.

Get me back to some young scientisfic inquierers who are at least up to date and not afraid of invisiblity and won't associate every phenomeon from some stupid "what will a christian think so I won't" perspective. Knock yallself out but I'm disappointed in what is call "atheist" now. A bunch of scary cats with christians on your mind instead of the world in which we live in. who the hell cares what they think??? Why even try to be the opposite of who you say are fools...it make YOU look like fools too!

Your logic is dumb as hell but what can a person expect when the definition of what you call yourself is the anti-thesis of a bunch of nuts. So long!

sheesh.

Last edited by LWI; 06-21-2011 at 06:57 PM..

Old 06-21-2011, 09:19 PM

593 posts, read 1,315,032 times
Quote:
Man...its hopeless if you don't even know that science is talking about more than even 11 dimensions. What am I doing with these old people.
If you are talking about M theory, that is not an actual theory but a hypothesis and not widely accepted.

Quote:
You haven't even kept up with scientific theory! dang!!!!! Everything is faith base with you...glad my school taugh us logic starting in 4th grade and we are not afraid of inquiry. I'm outta this place. You're more closed than a Christian...so must be an old atheist. Yall got christian gods to much on your mind, measuring yourself against christians and what they think to much, becoming as crazy as them.
dude i am 31, I might be old if you are 11..

Quote:
Get me back to some young scientisfic inquierers who are at least up to date and not afraid of invisiblity and won't associate every phenomeon from some stupid "what will a christian think so I won't" perspective. Knock yallself out but I'm disappointed in what is call "atheist" now. A bunch of scary cats with christians on your mind instead of the world in which we live in. who the hell cares what they think??? Why even try to be the opposite of who you say are fools...it make YOU look like fools too!

Your logic is dumb as hell but what can a person expect when the definition of what you call yourself is the anti-thesis of a bunch of nuts. So long!

sheesh.
You really have some serious problems.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:14 PM
LWI

Yea it'll take my generation to take it further and thats good because we're not afraid to apply scientific applications to events in the physical world without checking our "christian" nemisis point of view first.

By the way wiki is kinda behind so try again in fact don't. It'll make atheist look worse than you already do. I have taken myself completely outta that camp now so congratulations.

It's like comparing yourself to the nut screaming on the corner and saying I don't believe what the nut says based on having an opposite view. The illogic of the viewpoint is both still exist in the mental framework of the original nutter.

I hope I do have problems cause at least it will prove to me that I'm on the way to becoming an original thinker and not lazy waiting around for somebody to give me a point of view to then try to apply to a nutty framework.

Let it be my generation that explain this phenomena using physically discovered principles...maybe even discovering that such events take place in a continuim that is absent time and space which interacts within our known dimension. But what am I talking to you for, you didn't even know about 11 dimensions period!

Old 06-21-2011, 10:41 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:

sheesh.
Too bad your school didn't teach you grammar, spelling and how to write, at least then I could decipher your posts....I have no idea what you are trying to say, except that you think you are smarter than what you call "old atheists"...You aren't.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:43 PM
LWI

Blame it on your point of view thats blinding you as well. I'm glad to be talking to somebody else in message that do understand where I'm coming from.

So you can go back to the nut of the corner screaming and comparing yourself to them. At least I found one free thinking person which is why I am still here.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:45 PM

4,498 posts, read 6,314,046 times
I think an atheist would be more likely to look for mundane reasons for phenomena rather than leap to the conclusion that they are witnessing a ghost. For example, they would be more likely to look for the source of a light that suddenly appeared whereas someone who was more into "magical" thinking (for want of a better word) would be more likely to assume it is a ghost without investigating it further. I think that is the main difference. Atheism, to my knowledge, has never been about firm denial but more about disbelief in explanations that lack tangible evidence.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:51 PM
LWI

Exactly as to being free to observe but as an atheist, no there is an emotionality that would affect you whether directly or indirectly to discount certain events or it would mess with your point of view. Better to be free of having something to defend that would affect observation...like when scientists had to repress themselves because of religious intolerance...the same repression would affect an atheist but reverse hindering the possibility that maybe parallel realities are taking place and you wouldn't have to go thru a bunch of junk questioning whether your mind is doing this etc. because the nemisis christian would be lurking in the corners of your mind. I want nothing to do with both.

The term Ghost wouldn't bother a scientist...you would understand the phenomena descriptor and go from there using the tools on the market and inventing others based on what you think you needed to begin your research.

But first you have to be willing to experience the event, then take it from there. To pretend it doesn't exist at all is so irresponsible and not exciting when it could possibly expose the mind to another course of action. Take the emotionality out of the equation and go for the event...that is exciting to my generation. To explore horizons that are still full of supersitious explanations and conclusions.

That's why today I am no longer an atheist. It has a serious blind spot that thinks the give and take is vertical as in up and down but it is actual a horizontal exchange thereby remaining in the nutty framework. I want nothing to do with that or to bind myself with emotional stupidity that would get in the way of observation.

Last edited by LWI; 06-21-2011 at 11:36 PM..

Old 06-21-2011, 11:07 PM

4,498 posts, read 6,314,046 times
Quote:
... Take the emotionality out of the equation and go for the event...that is exciting to my generation. To explore horizons that is still full of supersitious explanations...
I don't think that those things are exclusive to your generation. Wisdom only comes with experience, you should remember that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality