U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-23-2011, 10:06 AM
 
5 posts, read 3,454 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Return to the way he came in...what was his emotional state by that time... start from his first introduction into this forum... his dialogue with one who asked him questions as to consciousness after death. His response was honest and brilliant.

The real question is was your response admirable. What you are speaking of are projections of what you thought you heard, not actually what he said. You heard through your own paradigm and not his.

Your behavior dictated your habitual response of habit. Your Atheism is from a different paradigm rooted in disillusionment. You are now attempting to justify behavior unacceptable in any adult especially one who professes to have mastered morality when young.

What you are now, a child abuser, without conscience, is the result of lifelong decisions and approaches to the emotion "I'm being attacked" regardless whether in fact that is so.

The child was Atheist. You abused an Atheist child. You participated in bullying an Atheist child. That was the legacy you left as testimony to who you are with this child and other children like him.

These children's paradigm will never be yours and vice versa. Will you abuse others as well? Will you be incapable of understanding their world? Will you continually justify abuse and bullying as acceptable behavior for an Atheist adult. These are the real questions behind any dialogue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-23-2011, 11:03 AM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,112,968 times
Reputation: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by New World New Mindset View Post
Return to the way he came in...what was his emotional state by that time... start from his first introduction into this forum... his dialogue with one who asked him questions as to consciousness after death. His response was honest and brilliant.
No it was not.
Quote:
The real question is was your response admirable. What you are speaking of are projections of what you thought you heard, not actually what he said. You heard through your own paradigm and not his.
It was honest, was he looking for some candy?
Quote:
Your behavior dictated your habitual response of habit. Your Atheism is from a different paradigm rooted in disillusionment. You are now attempting to justify behavior unacceptable in any adult especially one who professes to have mastered morality when young.
There is only one sort of atheism, non belief in deities and the supernatural in most cases. I am certainly not disillusioned about anything. This statement really confirms what I suspected and is a theist ploy of sorts. I am attempting nothing of the sort, it is you that has reading comprehension skills and you that is making sweeping assumptions, and no I did not master morality at a young age (whatever that means) I like all here made our fair share of mistakes and we had adults to lean on for guidance.
Quote:
What you are now, a child abuser, without conscience, is the result of lifelong decisions and approaches to the emotion "I'm being attacked" regardless whether in fact that is so.
Oh STHU with the child abuse already. If you are looking for remorse or an apology, it is not going to happen, we South Africans are a bit more in your face than some US folk dare to be.
Quote:
The child was Atheist. You abused an Atheist child. You participated in bullying an Atheist child. That was the legacy you left as testimony to who you are with this child and other children like him.
He was an atheist? So he has converted to what? What exactly is the snake oil you are trying to peddle?

This is not bullying and you should take your child and go somewhere else that is safe, a park with a carousel and swings perhaps?
Quote:
These children's paradigm will never be yours and vice versa. Will you abuse others as well? Will you be incapable of understanding their world? Will you continually justify abuse and bullying as acceptable behavior for an Atheist adult. These are the real questions behind any dialogue.
If he is a child, he should NOT be on these forums. There is a reason for age restrictions.

If he wants to play in the adult world as a child, the adults make the rules not the kids.

You talk like a child yourself as you are like an arrogant teen that assumes that adults never were young.

You are as transparent like an empty coke bottle, you are going to have to dig a lot deeper than this post to come across convincing. But I guess, not having the LIFE experiences most of us here do have in years, your experiential pool is probably very shallow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2011, 12:15 PM
 
5 posts, read 3,454 times
Reputation: 10
Again you are trying to escape responsibility for what you have become. You have become a man who bullies an Atheist child into abdication repeating your own broken hearted sorrow with christianity.

The child showed who you were, an abuser of Atheist children, revealing your cruelty and capability for crushing Atheistic innocence and idealism which is what children represent. A christian would never attempt to place a christian child in a position to abdicate christianity for Atheism, but you did. You place this child in a position to abdicate Atheism through emotional cruelty.

Your conversation with this young man, this child, ignored his Atheism for a challenge to prove a religious god, a horrible thing for any Atheist to do to an Atheist child. To devalue who he is, and attempt to tell him what he was not. Your heartbreak was with christianity and so with this Atheist child did you replay your drama only this time you are the abuser to create pain with this child's identity of his beliefs as Atheist.

Atheism became the religion and you the dictator to decide who stays and who goes or is not worthy of the title Atheist. Supporting this child love for inquiry, for scientific exploration, for being one with his beloved science was too much to bear.

So you abused him, harrassed him, attempted to humiliate this child into abdication of Atheism. A christian could not have done a more cruel but thorough job.

Atheist children belong to all Atheists. Emotional abuse of chidlren is not tolerated in America, and this site originates from America.

Now what did I see? I saw a child eager to be among his own...fellow Atheists. I saw a child who believed other adult Atheists were comfortable with those aspects of Atheism that took belief and could not be substantiated by science. (the question of death)

I saw an Atheist child true to his social and intellectual conditioning of logic application to all things no matter what, and the freedom to explore anything from a scientific base. I saw an Atheist child slowly experiencing heartbreak. I saw an Atheist child looking for Atheist heroes. I saw an Atheist child wanting desperately to believe that we were fearless, honest to a fault, a rational group of individuals united for the pursuance of universal truth. I saw a child fighting to stay Atheist, to believe that he could do the work that he dreamed.

I saw an Atheist child in deep admiration for Hueffenhardt who was fearless in application of logic no matter the result. I saw a child loving his dialogue with Hueffenhardt, but of course you did not see that because your paradigm would never allowed you to see such growing admiration. Your paradigm of cruelty and abuse is based on disillusionment and not admiration.

I saw an Atheist child speaking honestly to Lady Ice but you are blind by habitual responses of cruelty to never notice the immediacy of renewed joy because deep down, he still wanted his Atheist heroes to fufill his fantasies of who he thought we were.

So you will never be convinced because you didn't come to Atheism with his paradigm, with his lens, with a brain development shaped by technology, capable of pondering thoughts regarding the speed of thought and the wonder of typing in an arena that is absent of physicality. The wonder of the Atheist child who loves that science could supply such a miracle.

At this point our dialogue has made it clear, that Atheist children of his type and mentality are not welcome to your heart, that they do not belong to your intellectual village, that you would justify any method of abusing them, that you are incapable of telling that child that you were wrong, to come back to Atheism, or that you would teach him with fondness all that you know.

You are only capable of cruelty at this point, justifications of cruelty, cyclical repeats of your own sad tale with christianity through abusing an Atheist child, placing him in the position you suffered with your break.

So now you and this child have something in common. Disillusionment. You could not let the child dream his dreams and tell us all about what he and his generation, which we socialized him to think in such a way, was planning to do to ease human superstition that had not yet been explained scientifically.

But one thing you did not take away from this Atheist child, and that was his instinctual protectiveness towards the group. If you had taken the time to read his post regarding the right of an Atheist to insist that phenomenon presently labeled supernatural are not and why, thereby maintaining that Atheist right to be Atheist to that Atheist inner self showed loyalty to Atheism. Of course your paradigm would never reveal that to your eyes, mind, or heart because it would take away the pleasure of justifying emotional abuse.

You wil never be capable of supporting this child return to Atheism because your perspective means more to you then this human being. You are only capable of what you have made yourself to be and that was a personal choice of habit, that had nothing to do with Aetheism. Aetheism was the excuse for indulging your need for abusing. Character noted.

I think at this point, the revealing of motives has been made. LWI, your defense was brilliant and this is from an Atheist who suffered no trauma to become an Atheist.

I especially felt proud of what you said here...In defense of Atheists you wrote

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Theophane[/b];19697095]

By definition, ghosts are supernatural (beyond science). You'd have to acknowledge the existence of the superenatural before accepting the existence of ghosts or spirits. But an atheist would cease to be an atheist in the strictest sense of he/she acknowledged the existence of the supernatural.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWI View Post

....Atheist can say as they wish about the event (excellent because it maintains the right for an Atheist to determine meaning or lack thereof without forfeiting position) but I'm just saying from a scientific perspective one do not have to cease being what they want or consider themselves to be, to acknowledge or not acknowledge an event that has been seen with physical eyes...from my point of view it isn't supernatural...only an aspect of the natural world that has yet to be more fully explored with measurable data and a theory discovered, explaining its occurance in the physical world.


I don't have to get into all that religious stuff to explain it or even be antagonistic to you to explain my reasons why, see, and I'm a young teen. Where thought stands now, you think it falls under one category and I as a visionary I hope, see its potentially as another. If a person gotta cease being what they call themselves then that is their choice but not for the reasons you gave. I hope the reason why I'm saying this is understandable.


Only if they accept your premise as their own would that be true, but not because it IS truth without question. I tried to make this explainable but probably did a bad job, so I hope you could follow it somewhat. Being clear in my mind and explaining it, so it can give us a standard of understanding, is hard.

whoa my Mom is gonna killed me! I'm at my Grandma house and didn't notice the time..bye!

The post displayed your training, the application of logic and cooperative persuasion while remaining true to your point of view.

In our global world, where teamwork is emphasized, it is very important that an Atheist youth, master understanding of all system of thought through the application of principles observed in the natural environment.

And now LWI, if MIT hasn't stolen you yet, might you consider Carnegie whose ties with Stanford will grant you special time with the Linear Accelerator! I know you were tempted to work in constructs in an environment that will not put constraints on you but I think I can offer something better...personal work with someone special.

Please contact me here if interested. Well done LWI.

The last word is yours SA but I doubt it would be an apology to this young man. Let your last words stand as testiment of who you have been...an emotional abuser of Atheist children.

Last edited by New World New Mindset; 06-23-2011 at 12:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2011, 12:55 PM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,112,968 times
Reputation: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by New World New Mindset View Post
Again....
Whatever floats your boat, your babble is not worth my time in a rebuttal, claim a victory for your team, you probably deserve one now and again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2011, 02:46 PM
 
1,429 posts, read 2,018,122 times
Reputation: 1890
Wow, the internet has suddenly become much more pc and child friendly. Im only 25, but remember the good ol days where i could go online as a child and involve myself on adult forums and be told i was a moron for saying stupid things.

Kids gotta learn not to fret over everything some anonymous soul on the internet tells them. If they cant, then maybe theyre too young to be online by themselves..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2011, 09:14 PM
 
594 posts, read 1,133,195 times
Reputation: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by New World New Mindset View Post
I made a account to address what I think the Atheists here must understand when involved in dialogue with a young Atheist raised in today's world.

(I will not list my credentials or accomplishments and will only say I work with gifted children and will speak of the mindset of the gifted Atheist child whose viewpoint is shaped under conditions rather foreign to most here. I speak so that another like he who happens across this thread because of their interests in the phenomenon called ghosts will not throw up their hands in resignation and disappointment of what Atheists seems to mean in reality, minus what must look like intellectual myth. The reader can decide if my appeal stands on its own merits and not those from who I am in physical life. I respect my privacy.)

It would be best not to assume that conditions that created your world view are relevant, as painful as that might be, to conditions that have made the young Atheist who he is... This addresses the framework in which thought happens.

I'll try to be quick and make this as painless as possible... a comparison of the older mindset with today's youths' mindset...

1. Your world view formed during the time when national identity was important.
1a. The youth's world view is being shaped by the consciousness of globalism and the assumptions and expectations that involves.

2. You were raised to prize debate as indicative of high intelligence.
2a. The young are being raised to prize collective thinking as an indication of superior intellect, meaning the ability to speak in terms of another mindset while maintaining your own.

This was not required or even necessary in most of your early training of the brain. Most here were intellectually raised within a system of set conclusions and one's ability to master/parrot (memorize/repeat) back that information was highly prized.

The young gifted brain in today's world is being conditioned towards flexibility, expectation of new discovery as a result of cooperation with like-minded peers, to finding new ways of approaching problem solving or discovering alternatives of arriving at mathematical conclusions by inventing their own system. A de-emphasis of master/parrot (repeating facts) exchanges.

I am saying this to say, this has it's own affects on what a gifted young Atheist's approach and world view would be regarding religious ideas (understand that that young Atheist would be expected to discover the underlying principles of thought, because chances are his lifework would depend on his ability to work with people of various nations as a team, or be expected to live in a culture not of his origin, emphasising harmony while maintaining his own identity of thought, while successfully accomplishing the overall purpose set out for the group. )

3. Most of your interaction took place in three-dimensional settings, socializing your brain to accept information and emotional feedback directly from people, books, those things that have concreteness. Your childhood enjoyments took place in physical reality.

3a. The youth of today's main interaction takes place in a virtual world... meaning their imagination must be engaged and their ability to see inwardly as three dimensionality is taken for granted. The effect is a comfortable skill with physical insubstantiality as an environment (the
virtual environment). Their games take place for the most part in virtual worlds, again socializing the brain to be able to experience joy or despair depending on situations they encounter.

4. Your educational conditioning was that you as an individual were to be the best. Period.

4a. In your more advanced schools the conditioning is not the "I" but the "we", "the team", or "my generation."
This is not considered arrogance but an instilling of responsibility and purpose that supports cooperative collaboration. Different yes however if you really thought about it, what's wrong with a youth coming from that point of view or to have been socialized from that perspective. The truth is the upper classes have always socialized their youth in this manner regardless of the presence (or lack thereof) of intellectual gifts.

5. Understand that since the majority of their "world" is through a medium that does not require physical substance (virtual environs) that such environs would have indirect effects different than what you take for granted. Perhaps you came to the Virtual World as an adult when most/all of your brain growth was complete.

These kids are interacting with an unsubstantiated world at very young ages which would imply that their growing brains and its wiring would be slightly different than your own.

So let me quickly say, for the young Atheist, his orientation to life and the terms he may use would seem contradictory to your own conditioning because your conditioning took place in the physical world, while his conditioning took place in "invisibility" aka the educational software for tots, Internet etc.

Imagine this type of brain and socialization meeting your world. Could you understand them? Have you considered that Atheism would be subject to evolution as any philosophy would... that Atheism is not a static dynamic but if it is to remain healthy, it must be able to adapt to the prevailing conditions of the day or slowly die a dinosaur’s death because of it's inability to reflect the changing needs and pressures that culture and social interaction brings.

Being in the company of young minds keeps older ones relevant because the young bring to you the world as it is from their daily interaction in it. A parent, teacher, or anyone associated with youth will explain that interacting with youth on a daily basis will constantly challenge, and not in a bad way, your own world view, keeping you relevant to current way of thinking and its issues.

In other words, young people keep you from getting stale in your own beliefs unless your manner of interaction is dominating or intolerant, in which case the youth simply won't share their innermost thoughts with you and leave you alone.

Since I have already spoken long, I'll quickly add that if we stir in the problem of lexicon, slang or terms youth take for granted with their peers, that might mean something else to an adult, mis-communication is almost guaranteed. The youth is being a youth, doesn't understand that the
adult (who is not in contact with youth) has no idea what is being said. It is up to the adult to ask for clarification, which may be difficult depending on the adult feelings of what it means to ASK.

Quick terms to understand when dealing with teens.

god = what I am really into, obsessed with, love more than my own life, dream about, as well as my personal point of view that I see the world from or how the world make sense to me.

dumb = unsubstantiated position that is to be taken at less than face value, an emotional stance lacking reason or logical reflection, pertaining almost exclusively to ego, prejudice, pride, but mainly a non-reflective parroted position of reason giving a sense of belonging where reason would disrupt one's "comfort zone".

Example... I got to reach for my dumbness factor immediately or go insane!
But Mr so-so, that theory is dumb to work with because it involves a system of thought that at present have little chance for practical application to the equation presented, or I'm going to approach this in a dumb way because my brain is tired...or Can you just let me be dumb for just 2 seconds please!

cult = the figure I follow and most adore/love/have an unreasonable or obsessive attachment to, whether it be in science, drama, math, history, physics...

slay/slain = an emotional state indicating peak experience... it can also mean sexuality but most times especially with young teens, it isn't sexual but a feeling of overwhelming awe, or pain.

The conversation would be something like...
what cult do you belong to? I belong to the cult of Jung, he belongs to Bernoulli's cult so watch out!, the cult of "any major figure representing a following". So say if any here were a published author, known in a particular circle, that child would say I belong to the cult of (your screen name here). Didn't wavelength distribution of blackbody radiation slay you? I wanna die!

So imagine these bits of conversation... ( true ones overheard)

My god slayed me with Pythagoras though I belong to Fibonacci's cult or, (this one where both are in love, they speak of being in love stating how science is their girlfriend/ boyfriend/Big Daddy or any term denoting relationships of love as god) with science....

god showed me his hand last night! I dreamed of his beautiful design with a slight differential in Einstein’s algorithm! Well when did that happen? well I was computing Intregals but got distracted by a wet dream! Ayyy man! You got to take care of that before sleep cause we could have discovered something and won the fair!!! yeaa i know...

( They believe in dreaming because of Einstein being known to while napping receiving/or discovering information while dreaming)

I am saying that to say, if you Atheists do not quickly desensitize yourselves in seeing god and science partnered together, you may find yourselves disengaged from a generation of sincere seekers.

Young Atheists have no problem using religious terms or icons to express their views... and don't expect them to have much emotionality towards christians. They are not concerned with christians... whereas your coming into Atheism might have been from emotional hurt with those representing christianity and your socialization became obsessed with them, which is a way to remain connected to the group that hurt you. For many young Atheists their base is not from that emotional source so for them the "church" does not exist.

We have to be fair. We ask them to use logic but become cruel when they use that very logic to show where we have been blind. We cannot have it both ways nor should we. The problem comes when we treat the idea of Atheism as a static framework and not a dynamic one. In that case the boy was right. We become the shadow image of our nemesis stuck in ancient consciousness (to a young person) as we accuse others as being. To us, 2,000 years means something but to the young, whose brains have been conditioned in timelessness (for Virtual environs/ Internet is not ruled by time) then linear time is not necessarily a definitive point of reference. Ideals are.

Additional motivations for taking the time to write this are twofold.

1. To prevent the chasing away of young Atheists who might find their way here. They should be treated with respect, curiosity, and not with the erroneous assumption that since they are young they have nothing to contribute, nothing to share, nothing to add to our growth as Atheists, and that their place is to sit and absorb from us only. Not only is that vulgarly arrogant on our part, but it's simply illogical.

2. To understand that the young are freer of what the older Atheists would consider as terms (god etc) or approaches of thought belonging to the "other" camp. The young Atheists of today are expected to be well versed in a broad spectrum of systems of thought, to be comfortable with "invisibility" and "intelligent order within unseen sources" not yet discovered. The older Atheists would associate these things as dangerous flirts with Christian ideology but the young Atheist sees such as a normal part of everyday life with no deity connected to it.

What was lost from this young boy if had been asked was a contribution of journals, periodicals etc. he could have suggested to bring you up to date on scientific theory and its application in nanoworlds etc. If we insist on prejudice, then how would such a mind make his way in study of such scientific realms predicated on special instrumentation that record a result observed but the event's process at this time can not be seen.

The challenge to the older Atheists is to accept all things, all phenomenon as a natural working of universal principles, known and unknown without attachment to thoughts of religion. In other words, can you live and react in a world as if religion never existed.

What you didn't understand is for many young Atheists, they already do. So they do not need the disclaimers older Atheists have become accustomed to giving when expressing their thoughts or views.

So think, if you were reared in a world with no religion, and still you encounter unseen and undiscovered forces at work, would you create a religion to explain it? I hope not... but you would treat it in a logical natural manner... denying nothing and meeting it all with intellectual and emotional curiosity with excited scientific inquiry. That, gentlemen, was what you had before you in that child.

Imagine (which is not difficult for the young generation) imagine living in that imagination, (religion does not exist) then the treatment of ghosts is approached with curiosity and not denial for there is nothing to deny if the experience is being experienced. We would expect our scientists to have the excitement the boy exhibited in tackling and solving this puzzle. There would never be associated with it, religious trappings simply because no one was taught to think from that paradigm.

So for those who can hear, hear. LWI, I do not imagine you flipping burgers, working in a comic book store or doing anything that does not contribute to improving human life directly. You have shown yourself to be a compassionate young man, (I read your exchange with Kerby), and I apologize on behalf of Atheists who are conscientious to our treatment of youth, as well as the expectations Atheist adults project on to your generation.

You as well as your ideas were treated with derision and disrespect not by christians but by us who profess ourselves morally superior, intellectually honest, and freed of ego trappings and arrogance through logic. As you see, we are not, a belief that is not true. We too are also capable of emotional cruelty thereby engaging in acts of bullying children that can be crippling/destroying to the heart and mind of our own.

Since it is hard as you know now LWI for a moral individual to stand before his/her group and say publicly that is enough...Stop it, you have learned young man that morally is a choice and not an atomatic gift that comes with one's philosophy. So I, as an outsider, will. Yes we too are subject to the same weaknesses of wishing to be in what you call an Amen corner but sometimes to be a MAN demands more, no matter religious or non-religious. All groups find it hard to self-correct and that's just being human.

What I hope the adult Atheists learn from this is that the paradigm of a young Atheist may have nothing to do with christianity at all and to not be surprised or fear this. They can teach us something unexpected and that is they already inwardly live in a consciousness where religious ideology doesn't exist, and how you can do this too.

I'm going to continue with a short post next addressing LWI directly because I do not want another young Atheist ever reading this discussion thread to come away with the same conclusive act as LWI.

The young are passionate as We Adults know how we were...low tolerance for human weakness in others. We demanded perfection in our heroes, too. so...I am saying stop young Atheist...you don't have to go that far for there are those out here in the world who work with you, teach you everday and understand your mindset.

You can be free within Atheism to dream and ignore or try to understand what you call the old ones. You are the ones to inherit the world so teach us how to live within, with the gift your virtual conditioned brain has given you. We came from a different experience and don't know you easily, or understand the ease you move in the world without the nemesis burden. Forgive us and maybe trust us again.

Sincerely,
New World New Mindset!
LWI has a new name, the name is new World New Mindset.
You can even tell by reading it that is the same person.
i am sad for the kids today,,
I remember one time our schools were number 1, and now they are 17, and they think they are getting better education today compared to 20 years ago. Funny...

Last edited by infiri; 06-23-2011 at 09:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2011, 11:47 PM
 
4,248 posts, read 5,294,783 times
Reputation: 10287
Quote:
Originally Posted by New World New Mindset View Post
Do not make excuses but accept responsibility because more than he will read these pages and secretly come to conclusions. He was very respectful to Lady Ice and had become excited in dialogue with one until he realized it was a put down.

There is never justification for adult emotional abuse to a child. You are expected to be the mature one. Maturity of response though, is a habit. If he was disrespectful to a colleague, that is none of your concern but between he and that colleague, otherwise you become a bullying gang.
Excuse me??!! When did I put anyone down? I merely advised him that wisdom comes only from experience. That is not a put down but sound advice and, in my mind, a gentle reminder when I wrote it. My daughter knows this to be a fact and listens to those older and more experienced because she has been taught to respect that. Please do not put motivations to my words without clarifying my intent with me first. There was no put down written or intended in anything I said.

I have my doubts that the poster in question is even a child. If he is, he should not be here because this is a forum for ADULTS not a creche. Emotional abuse of a child indeed! Am I abusing my child when I teach her to listen to those older and more experienced? What a steaming pile of you-know-what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 12:00 AM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,112,968 times
Reputation: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
Excuse me??!! When did I put anyone down? I merely advised him that wisdom comes only from experience. That is not a put down but sound advice and, in my mind, a gentle reminder when I wrote it. My daughter knows this to be a fact and listens to those older and more experienced because she has been taught to respect that. Please do not put motivations to my words without clarifying my intent with me first. There was no put down written or intended in anything I said.

I have my doubts that the poster in question is even a child. If he is, he should not be here because this is a forum for ADULTS not a creche. Emotional abuse of a child indeed! Am I abusing my child when I teach her to listen to those older and more experienced? What a steaming pile of you-know-what.
Well said

I suspect this is a Ray Comfort type approach and the whole thing reeks of what a theist troll would do under the guise of atheism, we have had a few try it already and we can smell a poser quite well.

I suspect the IP address of both posters are identical. Maybe Miss Blue can check.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:17 AM
 
1,022 posts, read 11,308,436 times
Reputation: 2926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
Excuse me??!! When did I put anyone down? I merely advised him that wisdom comes only from experience. That is not a put down but sound advice and, in my mind, a gentle reminder when I wrote it. My daughter knows this to be a fact and listens to those older and more experienced because she has been taught to respect that. Please do not put motivations to my words without clarifying my intent with me first. There was no put down written or intended in anything I said.

I have my doubts that the poster in question is even a child. If he is, he should not be here because this is a forum for ADULTS not a creche. Emotional abuse of a child indeed! Am I abusing my child when I teach her to listen to those older and more experienced? What a steaming pile of you-know-what.
Lady Ice he didn't put you down...he said you treated him fairly and excited him...as well as changed his point of view...he gave you a compliment. I assure you he is a child. We are in contact. You respected him and taught him something. He exalted your standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:25 AM
 
1,022 posts, read 11,308,436 times
Reputation: 2926
The child is forever gone and yes he IS a child. Children are naughty, curious and often get into trouble when left to their own devices. You won't see him here again, as we have "re-direct" him to something more appropiate... *chuckle*

New World exalted two people and their treatment to the naughty, curious child...and you were one of them Lady Ice. Everyone must remember that anyone can sign in, even children. It takes discernment to realize and recognize this.

Bright children seek conversing with adults usually. What New said though was true. The child should have been shown respect for his Atheism period. The naughty youngster revealed a tendency toward abuse that should be faced honestly, openly and a decision made regarding future approaches to what "appear" controversial. Just because the child broke rules do not mean that the result treatment was justified...it wasn't on any level on the word.

Bullying WAS done. Mis-communication and misunderstanding was present. Questioning the Atheism of anyone who states they ARE Atheist should have limits on what is presented to that mindset. To suggest for anyone who IS a thing to embrace something they do not believe in, is cruel, especially when you realized you were in the company of an excited but immature youngster.

We CAN conduct ourselves better. Accept what the child appearance revealed in ourselves as adults. Seeker, you could have apologized because it would have been the right thing to do, as a man. I would have and told the youngster I made a mistake. If I had anything to teach the young lad, then I would become his teacher. That would have been a healthier approach to a situation that never should have happened in the first place.

Last edited by KnightShadow; 06-24-2011 at 08:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:50 PM.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top