U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 09:38 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,039,263 times

Advertisements

Yes we must whisk away the child genius and get him quickly to safety!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 09:53 AM

1,022 posts, read 11,315,058 times
Safety? LOL...let say something more appropriate to his level. Atheist should applaud that one such as he embraces a philosophy that do not depend on belief in a deity. If I stated myself Atheist, I would be proud that a child genuis is of our camp. We are winning in ways that matter. Unless you're saying Atheist should be composed of a group of average intelligent people only.

Genuis should not be held against an Atheist.

Last edited by KnightShadow; 06-24-2011 at 10:11 AM..

Old 06-24-2011, 10:26 AM

4,248 posts, read 5,328,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShadow View Post
Lady Ice he didn't put you down...he said you treated him fairly and excited him...as well as changed his point of view...he gave you a compliment. I assure you he is a child. We are in contact. You respected him and taught him something. He exalted your standard.
I'm sorry if I misunderstood, it really sounded to me as though I was being accused of putting LWI down. I'm glad he took my post in the spirit it was intended.

I should add though that I think that New World New Mindset was more than a little over the top accusing people of child abuse. I really think that was an overreaction, but I also think that the subject should get back to the topic of the thread.

It was something about ghosts wasn't it?

Old 06-24-2011, 10:31 AM

5,563 posts, read 6,165,358 times
Quote:
Seeker, you could have apologized because it would have been the right thing to do, as a man. I would have and told the youngster I made a mistake. If I had anything to teach the young lad, then I would become his teacher. That would have been a healthier approach to a situation that never should have happened in the first place.
No apologies will be forthcoming. If his feelings were hurt, you should not have encouraged him to come onto an adult forum and pretend to be an adult.

Children that hide their true age and identity should not expect special treatment. Just so you know, I have no grudges nor remorse. This is a discussion forum.

Pleading for special treatment no one else expects here. The ToS are pretty clear as to how we conduct ourselves here. Folk that know me know that I am usually reasonable and sometimes witty, I can also be a pain is the ...

What do you teach a youth that has not gone through the minimum trials of teen years?

For your benefit I will do a synopsis of what transpired.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:38 AM

Stanford (New World) *teases* Unless you can show how inertia, gravity, magnetism, mass, Heluim being thought the first of element created and so is important, BECs, Bosenova implosions and explosions, SpaceTime, Fermi energy, or any theory, practical study of particle can explain or is even relevant to explaining an event that is not subjected to any theory ruling physicality can still exist, do exist, and is taken for granted (much like the apple thump on the noggin = gravity) except in the excited minds of youknowho...

You know *enjoying the teasing* something our eyes can perceive and feelings can be felt through yet it doesn't operate according to any theory and really should not be possible to "exist" according to any known theory because it doesn't contain "energy" that is measurable so how can it exist?...In other words...

You can have him if you have a theory of what the internet is composed of. It exist and yet do not exist and that is where certain minds are going. Does this means a new set of theories and constructs, a math that explains nothingness can be found in your toy? *gentle ribbing*

So that mind wonders such things, which means something radically NEW minus everything known is needed to explain it. *Grinning* Thats the offer Stanford, otherwise you guys would be a "distraction" LOL.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
No apologies will be forthcoming. If his feelings were hurt, you should not have encouraged him to come onto an adult forum and pretend to be an adult.

Children that hide their true age and identity should not expect special treatment. Just so you know, I have no grudges nor remorse. This is a discussion forum.

Pleading for special treatment no one else expects here. The ToS are pretty clear as to how we conduct ourselves here. Folk that know me know that I am usually reasonable and sometimes witty, I can also be a pain is the ...

What do you teach a youth that has not gone through the minimum trials of teen years?

For your benefit I will do a synopsis of what transpired.
I wouldn't see it as special treatment at all (teaching him if that is what you mean)...just a chance to help form, or guide a hungry consciousness but I understand your decision. Special treatment is out of the question regarding he appearing here at C-D. He is never to show his face here again or will get the worse tanning of his natural born life.

No no.. You would have to do it on your own. (Sorry for typos, doing many things at one time)

Last edited by KnightShadow; 06-24-2011 at 10:51 AM..

Old 06-24-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
LWI

If you want to use science and math to go look for god, your quest will be a lonely one. Science and math deal in reality not conjecture, peer review is going to be a female dog to overcome unless you can convince your generation to simply dismiss all the scientific data collated to date and start anew.

Science builds upon the foundations already laid, you are going to have to refute all of science to its very foundations and all i can say is good luck with that.

Perhaps you will invent new math that tells us 1+1+1 = 1? Oh wait, the xians already have that one patted down.
This was in reply to:
As an atheist it took away your freedom to investigate because now you gotta be so busy DENYING it!
Heck no!...that ain't worth it...maintaining a relationship with the nemesis christian is asking to much to give this excitement up for. So be free of being an atheist and get your scientific tools ready and your theories ready to test them out and explore! Throw that yoke (atheism) off cause its effect is like what the church was to scientific exploration...meaning shut it up, become party to scientific repression thru denial that its happening, for atheism sake. No way!!! I'm not repressing an opportunity for discovery because I'm peerwise required to deny something for the sake of dialogue with christians. Get outta here! Thats insane!
Now forgive me if that is not an affront to assume how all atheists are and think. His previous posts were also obnoxious and affront to the older atheists.

The posts following were jabs and jokes with Infiri

Then the new identity came along and warned us how he would set us all straight to which I responded.

This is all a ruse and a set up and no way you are pinning anything on me cause I will go and tell on you to my mommy Oops she's already dead.

Sorry mate, this is simply what we now see a ploy to achieve what we do not know but I was not the only old codger here to challenge him.

As I said to the new identity, chalk one up for your team, you deserve some self accolades.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
I'm sorry if I misunderstood, it really sounded to me as though I was being accused of putting LWI down. I'm glad he took my post in the spirit it was intended.

I should add though that I think that New World New Mindset was more than a little over the top accusing people of child abuse. I really think that was an overreaction, but I also think that the subject should get back to the topic of the thread.

It was something about ghosts wasn't it?
Yes...oh no. That little fellow fell in love with a Lady Ice Cube... (he calls it) because she was fair and told him to be wise. *chuckle*...*teases* Now he will become a cult follower of anything doing with temperatures for a while... LOL.

But No...New World was trying to say, these kids imagination take little effort to move in unconventional ways and they are a lonely bunch of souls. Too little for most to take seriously, and to advance for their age group. So they bump around the world trying to find validation. Sad really.

*think about emotional child abuse* In America, it is really...he works with these kids...its easy to destroy them. It wasn't over the top...We knew we were dealing with a youngster and the approach was cruel and humiliating. Emotional abuse is a real pain with real life consequences, felt, that can separate a child from who he thinks he is. It wasn't over the top but more like how a parent would react, meaning love is involved. And maybe we should be more considerate in our approach...you were.

We're adults and can take the truth. No excuses neccessary. No hiding. Just accept it and do better next time. The verdict would make me a better person not a worse one. We all need some good self-reflection at times to decide who we're becoming and if thats okay. Better that I'm corrected from someone of my camp then an "outsider". One from my camp understands the overall purpose in mind...I wouldn't be to sure of my attitude receiving the same verdict from one oppose to my overall views.

If I'm bullying, then I'm a big enough boy to be called on it. I don't need coddling. No excuses. But I'm hard that way, not soft and delicate, or a crybaby. Give it to me straight...because after all, I COULD have taken the conversation toward what New World wrote. It was my decision to not do it. So I'm sure not going to cry about the revealing. I asked for it. But you got a feeling of My character type Lady Ice. And its consistent with Me being Hardcore period. That's just Me though.

Last edited by KnightShadow; 06-24-2011 at 11:16 AM..

Old 06-24-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't see it as special treatment at all (teaching him if that is what you mean)...just a chance to help form, or guide a hungry consciousness but I understand your decision. Special treatment is out of the question regarding he appearing here at C-D. He is never to show his face here again or will get the worse tanning of his natural born life.
Consider it a failed experiment. One does not teach anyone atheism. If you are an adult you should already know that. Teaching critical thinking however is possible but really not on a forum. We debate and challenge each others usually well entrenched paradigms.

I have already stated that even if he is a genius, his emotional side is not developed to deal with the reality of the adult world, that much is obvious.

Are you his father?

If so then you have failed as a parent. Call me old fashioned but when the grown ups talk usually the kids were told to keep quiet or go play in the yard. If you have been trying to teach him critical thinking, that is fine but there is more to that than simply firing off at the hip.

Judging by your poor grammar, my guess is you are just another ploy or pretend person wanting to flame and troll. I am done wasting my time.

Adios

Old 06-24-2011, 11:00 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,039,263 times
So...are the kids parents the ones defending him? Did he snake onto their computer, find the forums in their history, and create an account?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality