U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 09:49 AM

223 posts, read 1,761,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShadow View Post
Thank you, KnightShadow, for the Celebrity Ghost Stories link. I'm not religious or spiritually inclined; however, I am interested in the experiences of credible individuals, well-known entertainment and cultural icons. The number and variety of experiences shared show that such occurrences cannot be considered rare.

There was a lack of religious association to these events, which appeals to me. It is understandable that one with a scientific, inquisitive mind would be distressed at the thought of dismissing the opportunity for scientific inquiry.

My wife and I recognized familiar cultural personalities from our favorite movies, tv anchors, well-known musicians and athletes that make up American society.

If you have the time and such exists, would you provide additional links to programming of this caliber. Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 10:26 AM

223 posts, read 1,761,466 times
Quote:
hmmm...first step, what seems to be present in the majority of cases...the common factor (outside of humans)

...an unaccountable drop of temperature in the room. So I would start there (using the same room if possible because there are too many variables that would be impossible to re-create in a neutral setting, which may have some bearing to this. The cold cannot be accounted for by an open window or anything that would point to a logical event causing the drop in temperature. So I would focus on that first.

What do we know that could account for a sudden drop in temperature that cannot be accounted for from natural means meaning the window, a draft, time of day, etc. Do we have technology that could recreate that condition first. Would it involve manipulatiing particles since we do know a particle can be removed and replaced back to its original position through molecular manufacturing?

I think I wouldn't bite off the whole piece, just try to recreate what seems to be step one, ignoring the rest. Could this be a chemical process at work...

TheEarthBeneathMe, do you know of anything that could give the appearance or mimic a drop in temperature, seemingly without a tangible source...and just that alone, that could be repeated. I'm not THAT up to date with chemical processes, etc.
Since there are technologies discussed that are not publicized, depending on time allowed, I would search for forums where scholars that cater to institutions are more apt to be in dialogue. (In other words, where would NASA, Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics, Chalmers Quantum Transport Theory scientists, high-caliber theorists, research investigators be likely to congregate with scholars from foundations and universities to discuss nanotechnology, quantum radar, recent patents, and the like.)

The phenomena, and I want to be careful here, is not always looked at from a "spiritual" perspective but one that might be used for space and military application. So look for forums that tend to have alternative agendas (experiments, space related, governmental, military).

Old 06-25-2011, 04:16 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,032,363 times
Quote:

TheEarthBeneathMe, do you know of anything that could give the appearance or mimic a drop in temperature, seemingly without a tangible source...and just that alone, that could be repeated. I'm not THAT up to date with chemical processes, etc.
I don't have an answer, but I googled and found one:

Have you ever experienced a mysterious area in your home where the temperature seems substantially cooler or hotter than the rest of your house? Itís not an uncommon phenomenon, and some people will say there is a very simple answer as to why: Your house is haunted. Yep, those hot and cold spots are sure signs of ghosts.

However, if you arenít quite ready to buy into paranormal remedies, you might try a complete home comfort inspection from ARSģ/Rescue Rooter.ģ

There are several factors that could be in play with hot and cold spots:
  • Is your HVAC unit properly sized for the space being heated/cooled?
  • How many vents do you have and where they are placed?
  • What is the actual configuration of the ductwork in your home?
  • Are your insulation levels adequate?
  • Your inspection may find that placement of doors and windows and even the physical position of your home and surrounding trees can affect your situation.
In an attempt to combat the problem, many new homes are actually being built with zoned temperature controls. Using multiple thermostats and damper controls, each room and area in a home can be heated or cooled individually. Retrofitting an older home with such a system may help eliminate spotty comfort, but without assessing all factors itís practically impossible to create a sure-fire solution.

That may not be what you wanted to hear - but have you ever been in a house with improper insulation levels? I was watching a TV repair show a few weeks ago, and one of the complaints was a cold spot in the kitchen. The repair man comes over with his infrared thermometer, identifies the cold spot, rips open the wall and there's one little layer where the lazy home builders left out a sheet of insulation.

Personally, I was with a ghost hunter group a few years ago and went into one local home that the owner claimed was very haunted. She greeted us outside, told us stories about her experiences (including cold spots), and she looked incredibly worn out by whatever was going on in her home. About 10 of us spent the night there, and we went through the house investigating her claims. When we got to "the cold spot room.." - surprise surprise! There's a vent covered up on the wall...

So...have a cold spot? The solution is probably fixed by following the link at the bottom:

Hot and Cold Spots - Common Heating & Air Conditioning Problems | ARS

Old 06-25-2011, 10:42 PM

1,022 posts, read 11,312,592 times
^^^EXCELLENT!!!! This is exactly what I wanted to hear. This gives a method of inquiry, such as the first step one should take! Telling a person "its in Your head" would not lead them to a possible practical solution which proves that the event was NOT in their heads but not evidence of a ghost around either.

A Faulty building problem! If You can give us examples of Your experiences as a Hunter, (Hunters are there to DEBUNK generally and not to confirm for those who don't know this, so there's never a need to jeer a Hunter. Their base is scientifically lead...)

My rl is bursting at the seams and We've been given the heads up to contact family and anyone else to tell them we won't be available period. So kiss that wife, lover, boy/girlfriend goodbye or make the decision to leave. (Internships work this way.)

YOU are the Man TheEarthBeneathMe! Mad Respect for Hunters! LOL! Maybe I've seen You on a broadcast show or two?

I'm sure You've helped out many by posting Your post as well. Thank You for taking the time out to seriously respond.

Mr. G...Thank You! Everything must be considered and ruled out. One should as a first step do EXACTLY as TheEarthBeneathMe stated.

Sir, I know nothing else of the caliber of Celebrity Ghost that isn't layered with mythology. You can try Ghost Hunters, programs that look to debunk assumtions of demons and the like, but they are not, I suspect, what You're looking for.

When time allows, I will search what You suggested. A Quick look at Quantum Radar states... (Don't groan at the reference from wiki please LOL...I don't have time for anything else and this will suffice My point...)

Quantum Radar....
"According to a recent and controversial (but not yet known to have been disproven) theory, any such remote-sensing device (including, but not limited to Lockheed Martin's planned implementation of technology), using quantum (photon) entanglement, may be able to extract meaningful information from specific regions of hyperspace."

Hyperspace????? *Grin* What have certain organizational bodies been HIDING from general public knowledge? Hiding behind patents? hmmmm Grin.

I'll say nothing more but a Thank You for taking the time to seriously respond.

Last edited by KnightShadow; 06-25-2011 at 11:57 PM..

Old 06-28-2011, 03:31 AM

6,039 posts, read 9,215,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffan View Post
I was just wondering about what defines an athiest
"Athiests" don't exist.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:36 AM

5,563 posts, read 6,149,639 times
Ov course we do, we just spellz bettur
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality