U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 01:49 PM

2,618 posts, read 1,978,484 times

Advertisements

I'm and atheist and I believe in spirits. The kind you can pour over ice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 01:52 PM

10,491 posts, read 10,028,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
I'm and atheist and I believe in spirits. The kind you can pour over ice.
Now those are the best kind..

Old 02-28-2011, 02:03 PM

12,867 posts, read 18,338,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Ghost often appear as departed loved one's. So some would say that it does prove the existance of an after life. And if they are not the departed. WHO ARE THEY?
Sentient energy aliens.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...l#post18029240

Old 02-28-2011, 02:56 PM

7,654 posts, read 9,637,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Well lets see here C34, I believe in spirits but I also don't believe in your sacred book, I think it's a book of mythology just like all sacred books are whether it be Christian or Islam. So how do you explain that....... oh and by the way, I'm not an atheist, I'm a spiritualist..
Spiritualist believe in spirits that is true. Yet spiritualist have no real knowledge as to what, or who these spirits are. And Spiritualist often base their beliefs only on what the spirits tell them. So ptsum, have any spirits been speaking with you in recent days?

Old 02-28-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Spiritualist believe in spirits that is true. Yet spiritualist have no real knowledge as to what, or who these spirits are. And Spiritualist often base their beliefs only on what the spirits tell them. So ptsum, have any spirits been speaking with you in recent days?
C34 it's nice to see that your knowledge is so limited especially when it comes to the Spirituality of Native Americans. As a native Spiritual Elder, I do have knowledge of the spirits that I communicate with, they are the Spirits of my Ancestors and they are with me constantly. You see our belief and spirituality is written within our hearts not in some book, we live it every day, unlike you and the rest of some Christians who only practice their belief one day a week. It is our culture, of which I doubt you will ever understand.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:52 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,276,413 times
Quote:
I did not say his tradition was not real. I asked him to explain how he knew spirit he was speaking to was not an imposter. It is a fair question.

This is what you said:

Well of course you are wrong to suggest that I practice my religion one day a week. As I have stated so many times before. I don't even go to church. I pray to Jesus all the time. And how do you know the Spirits you communicate with are really your Ancestors and not some imposter?

Yes you did and I asked you how do you know that the G-d who speaks to you is not an impostor?

Same question but I asked it of you....

Old 02-28-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Well of course you are wrong to suggest that I practice my religion one day a week. As I have stated so many times before. I don't even go to church. I pray to Jesus all the time. And how do you know the Spirits you communicate with are really your Ancestors and not some imposter?

Well C34, let me ask you this, how well do you know your mother and father or your grandparents or great grandparents? Were you taught by them? You see in my culture and belief we are taught and are very close to our ancestors and we know their spirits and that is how I know that mine are true. Can you say the same thing?

Old 02-28-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
This is what you said:

Yes you did and I asked you how do you know that the G-d who speaks to you is not an impostor?

Same question but I asked it of you....

Well I know the God who speaks to me. And that is rare. Yet He always speaks the truth. He is always clear when He speaks. And I have had a relationship with Him for a longtime. He told me once that if I continue to follow Him He would take care of me. And then told me He loved me. The only one I have ever follow was Jesus. He got me my first real Job. He told me my wife was going to have a child before even she knew. Once when I was in navy boot camp around the seventh week I finally told God that I knew He did not want me there. I told Him I was sorry for not following His instruction. Yet told Him there was nothing I could do to get out. And I would be stuck there for the next four years. About 30 seconds latter after I said Amen, God worked one of His wonders. And I was discharged from the navy the next day. The God who speaks to me is a friend that has never led me astray. And He can be trusted. I have experienced His wonders for many years.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:25 AM

11,798 posts, read 21,253,603 times
Your God told you He didn't want you to be in Navy boot camp? Why not?

Old 03-01-2011, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Your God told you He didn't want you to be in Navy boot camp? Why not?
Back in 1969 God laid on my heart not to join the navy. I then told God we would have to take up our relationship after boot camp. On April 24, 1969 I passed my navy physical and was ready to join up. However, about three hours later I got caught on a 7,400 volt eletrical line. After a seven week stay in the hospital. I returned home but could not walk very well. While I was laying against our garage wall back at home. I picked up a small two way radio that was laying on the ground next to me. When I turned it on I heard these other guys talking. Which was a surprise to me because back in 1969 such radios did not have much of a range. So I asked them who they were and they told me, and then they asked me who I was. I told them my name was Tom Campbell. The other guy then said. "Hey, aren't you the guy that got caught on the eletrical line." I told him I was. He and his brother then came over to my house, and that was the beginning of a life long friendship. However after months of healing I tried to get back into the navy again. After they rejected me three more times because of my wounds. They finally took me. Yet God still found a way to get me out of the navy. And that was because he wanted the person I met on the radio to become a Christian. Which he did. And not only him but his brother and his sister as well. It took two years of talking to them before they gave their heart to Jesus. And had I been in the navy for four years that might not of happened. Anyway, that was God's plan, that was not my plan.LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality