Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 10:25 AM

1,022 posts, read 11,562,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
This was in reply to:
As an atheist it took away your freedom to investigate because now you gotta be so busy DENYING it!
Heck no!...that ain't worth it...maintaining a relationship with the nemesis christian is asking to much to give this excitement up for. So be free of being an atheist and get your scientific tools ready and your theories ready to test them out and explore! Throw that yoke (atheism) off cause its effect is like what the church was to scientific exploration...meaning shut it up, become party to scientific repression thru denial that its happening, for atheism sake. No way!!! I'm not repressing an opportunity for discovery because I'm peerwise required to deny something for the sake of dialogue with christians. Get outta here! Thats insane!
Now forgive me if that is not an affront to assume how all atheists are and think. His previous posts were also obnoxious and affront to the older atheists.

The posts following were jabs and jokes with Infiri

Then the new identity came along and warned us how he would set us all straight to which I responded.

This is all a ruse and a set up and no way you are pinning anything on me cause I will go and tell on you to my mommy Oops she's already dead.

Sorry mate, this is simply what we now see a ploy to achieve what we do not know but I was not the only old codger here to challenge him.

As I said to the new identity, chalk one up for your team, you deserve some self accolades.
Because he used the word dumb? Thats their lexicon which New World explain. Older Atheist meant supporting a concept that would prevent him from doing what he wants to do. What he heard was...if you want to STAY atheist, you must give up your dreams because we don't believe all things come under your precious science.

From that point of view, he felt everyone was sayiing his god (science) was impotent, and required him to be blind to believe in it, love it, or have any relationship to it.

How do I explain this...the kid was crying at that point but trying his best. Imagine you having to teach these kids. (Put Myself in this position). What a nightmare if I'm always coming from a Christian Paradigm but these kids are Russian born with no exposure to religion at all. They can't relate to it, it doesn't make sense...

Their Atheism has no relation at all to religion. It is an affirming philosophy, not a anti anything at all. So here comes one of those upstarts and he's totally confused. He doesn't get it...Their orientation has nothing to do with Gods.

The weakness of being with only your own point of reference is that no one can ask Hey kid what do you mean without insulting him because they felt insulted. Think how would New World had met that question and conclusion. He sure wouldn't have let that kid walk out of the Atheist gate THAT'S for sure! LOL

Hold up..let Me get off of the phone.

Last edited by KnightShadow; 06-24-2011 at 11:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 10:27 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShadow
I wouldn't see it as special treatment at all (teaching him if that is what you mean)...just a chance to help form, or guide a hungry consciousness but I understand your decision. Special treatment is out of the question regarding he appearing here at C-D. He is never to show his face here again or will get the worse tanning of his natural born life.
And you accuse us of child abuse!...Can you say hypocrite?

Old 06-24-2011, 10:35 AM

First Seeker, he was warning you only. You're tough enough to take it and don't need a crowd man. As to everybody else, he was explaining if another one of these grasshoppers make their way here, this is where they're coming from.

Now you got these kind of Atheist running around...Their point of reference is, ANYTHING that happens in the physical world belongs to Us Hurray! They are not prejudiced to have a concept of what that means from any other point of view except a scientific one.

So now here he comes thinking EVERYBODY who is Atheist is like this...believe in science from this point of view only. He can't wait to trade theories he think, about this phenomena. He's been trained remember that EVERYTHING with the potential to be observe belongs to him and his generation. This gives them a purpose, hurray they think!

All of a sudden they get wind that there are Atheists unlike themselves. Atheists who talk about religion all the time...its like huh? for them. Their point of view is inquiry and principles that can be applied to everything, even mythical beliefs and constructs, which is why Theopane, if honest if going to have a hell of a time refuting him.

Last edited by KnightShadow; 06-24-2011 at 10:53 AM..

Old 06-24-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
And you accuse us of child abuse!...Can you say hypocrite?
Just a form of speaking, and I NEVER accused anyone of anything...but you don't understand what EMOTIONAL abuse is?

I'm big enough to accept that in YOUR world it don't mean anything at all but I'm not taking that view into My belief system. It's nothing to debate. In My belief system I would never approach a child that way period. That child is an extension of Me.

How do you feel when your ideas are told they're stupid, that you have no future, I mean come on Man how in the world can you justify that. If thats okay with you, then it is. I'm not interested in being anyone's anything or even changing your point of view etc. It's your world and you live in it not Me.

You determine your own meaning and vice versa. If you felt you were bullying, then yes you were abusing and a bully to a child. America would judge that. Take the exchange to another forum and ask, did we bully this kid.

Be ready for the verdict to be yes. Also ask, is this emotional abuse to a kid, and be ready for that answer to be yes as well.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:55 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShadow View Post
Just a form of speaking, and I NEVER accused anyone of anything...but you don't understand what EMOTIONAL abuse is?

I'm big enough to accept that in YOUR world it don't mean anything at all but I'm not taking that view into My belief system. It's nothing to debate. In My belief system I would never approach a child that way period. That child is an extension of Me.

How do you feel when your ideas are told they're stupid, that you have no future, I mean come on Man how in the world can you justify that. If thats okay with you, then it is. I'm not interested in being anyone's anything or even changing your point of view etc. It's your world and you live in it not Me.

You determine your own meaning and vice versa. If you felt you were bullying, then yes you were abusing and a bully to a child. America would judge that. Take the exchange to another forum and ask, did we bully this kid.

Be ready for the verdict to be yes. Also ask, is this emotional abuse to a kid, and be ready for that answer to be yes as well.
Have you read any of my posts on this thread other than the one above? Obviously not.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:01 AM

What is your point regarding what was said in that post. I answered you and stated an opinion. Take the posts, involving the child and ask, IN THIS moment, no other moment, just THIS one only...was I abusive?

I could be for child rights etc but that's not the point. The point is, in THIS moment only...if I'm a child advocate. Doesn't mean I am free of a tendency of abusing when feeling threatened or insulted. It's an emotional moment and maybe I haven't TRAINED Reason to be in control when I'm emotional. I do not think I'm perfect and will react perfectly under all circumstances, which frees Me from wasting time on justifying My unbecoming behaviour.

I will never put that kind of pressure on Myself. I am HUMAN and capable of hurting another, even deliberately. I won't try and make it right though. I accept I was mad and seeing red; wanting the other to feel pain. I don't have a problem accepting Myself, weaknesses and all. Accepting it gives Me the opportunity to make a decision about it. I'm not attach to "feelings" when I make a mistake. I don't have a problem saying I was wrong because I am not emotionally attach to it. It is not a part of My belief system to react that way.

Last edited by KnightShadow; 06-24-2011 at 11:14 AM..

Old 06-24-2011, 11:06 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShadow View Post
Now you got these kind of Atheist running around...Their point of reference is, ANYTHING that happens in the physical world belongs to Us Hurray! They are not prejudiced to have a concept of what that means from any other point of view except a scientific one.

So now here he comes thinking EVERYBODY who is Atheist is like this...believe in science from this point of view only. He can't wait to trade theories he think, about this phenomena. He's been trained remember that EVERYTHING with the potential to be observe belongs to him and his generation. This gives them a purpose, hurray they think!

All of a sudden they get wind that there are Atheist unlike themselves. Atheist who talk about religion all the time...its like huh for them. Their point of view is inquiry and principles that can be applied to everything, even mythical beliefs and constructs, which is why Theopane, if honest if going to have a hell of a time refuting him.
You are still pleading for special treatment and that is why kids should not come to adult forums.

If they are devoid of any religious indoctrination, then they should still be allowed to develop emotionally. Atheism usually comes from deep theological criticism weighed against science and is not something IMO a child that is not fully emotionally developed can claim.

A genius would not be spending time on these forums anyway as they should be doing what he and you claimed he can do, reinventing science.

If you are a parent, teacher, guardian, big brother, you have failed to set boundaries that are age appropriate. We should not apologize for the way he was treated.

Are you going to be holding his hand when he grows up and write to the science professors and plead for special treatment?

I think you should stop wasting our time while we are still in polite mode.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:09 AM

1,114 posts, read 1,224,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWI View Post
Exactly as to being free to observe but as an atheist, no there is an emotionality that would affect you whether directly or indirectly to discount certain events or it would mess with your point of view. Better to be free of having something to defend that would affect observation...like when scientists had to repress themselves because of religious intolerance...the same repression would affect an atheist but reverse hindering the possibility that maybe parallel realities are taking place and you wouldn't have to go thru a bunch of junk questioning whether your mind is doing this etc. because the nemisis christian would be lurking in the corners of your mind. I want nothing to do with both.

The term Ghost wouldn't bother a scientist...you would understand the phenomena descriptor and go from there using the tools on the market and inventing others based on what you think you needed to begin your research.

But first you have to be willing to experience the event, then take it from there. To pretend it doesn't exist at all is so irresponsible and not exciting when it could possibly expose the mind to another course of action. Take the emotionality out of the equation and go for the event...that is exciting to my generation. To explore horizons that are still full of supersitious explanations and conclusions.

That's why today I am no longer an atheist. It has a serious blind spot that thinks the give and take is vertical as in up and down but it is actual a horizontal exchange thereby remaining in the nutty framework. I want nothing to do with that or to bind myself with emotional stupidity that would get in the way of observation.
So, if you are not an atheist, then which supernatural creator deity do you believe in?

Old 06-24-2011, 11:21 AM

He doesn't believe in any...Their point of reference is science only so science is their god if there is a god at all. He wasn't expose to believe in gods.

These kids, the younger generation claim Atheism because they do NOT have to believe in any gods and their reference point is science only. So when Atheists are only talking about a religion gods, they cannot relate from that emotional point of view. It was never a part of their life or environment.

Under this definition, a child who was raised with the concept of a rock being god can go Atheist...or a kid who never known religion can be Atheist. Atheist only means I am free to never attach a diety present to explain physical phenomena. To tell such a kid he can never explore this because Atheist don't believe in the phenomena is anti science to him, thereby meaning Atheism must really be anti science when applied to real life experiences.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
You are still pleading for special treatment and that is why kids should not come to adult forums.

If they are devoid of any religious indoctrination, then they should still be allowed to develop emotionally. Atheism usually comes from deep theological criticism weighed against science and is not something IMO a child that is not fully emotionally developed can claim.

A genius would not be spending time on these forums anyway as they should be doing what he and you claimed he can do, reinventing science.

If you are a parent, teacher, guardian, big brother, you have failed to set boundaries that are age appropriate. We should not apologize for the way he was treated.

Are you going to be holding his hand when he grows up and write to the science professors and plead for special treatment?

I think you should stop wasting our time while we are still in polite mode.
Pleading for him? I'm answering questions and think kids should NEVER come to these forums, period. NEVER. Other references you are making I cannot relate to so have no answer for.

I'm only explaining who that child was from My interactions with him and speaking to others involved with these kids. If you are reading that I am holding his hand, then from Your point of view I am and I accept that as Your point of view only.

Mine though? I'm answering questions only not creating them. I'm too busy with other things involving My own life and future, *chuckle*.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality