Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2015, 11:41 AM

468 posts, read 265,797 times

Advertisements

TrueAuthority.com - Creation vs Evolution - Carbon Dating: It Doesn't Prove An Old Earth

Old 08-30-2015, 12:08 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickstack View Post
You would try an talk your way out of it if they found a live t Rex .
Sorry but your ignorance of how science works is no longer entertaining. Science would rejoice if a T Rex was found, so much to learn from. Have no idea why you would think that it would need to be talked out of. Guess just more showing of your ignorance of the sciences. Such to be you.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:07 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,984 times
Quote:
With statements like this it makes sense that churches can still herd sheep's.

Old 08-30-2015, 02:18 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,458,259 times
This article treats carbon dating like it's a singular, one-dimensional tool to date objects. The reality is that, virtually everyone knows carbon dating is no good past about 50000 years or so. Any longer, and they use different methodologies. Furthermore, pertaining to C14, there have been mountains of research done in the fields of dendrochronology, ice core samplings, etc... To calibrate the amount of C14 in a given time. It is not, as your article implies, just an assumption that "X" amount of carbon existed at this point in time.

Old 08-30-2015, 02:22 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
It would make no difference to the fossil and geological record, the DNA amd the fact of natural selection even if they did - or a Stegosaur roaming Cambodia. Just another living fossil.
We are well aware of the limitations of carbon 14 dating, but the fact is that it is reliable enough - just as a roomful of clocks may differ individually and odd one may be slow. But you can get a good idea of the time, nevertheless.

And it proves an old earth, and so do the other dating methods which have been proven to have a constant rate. Confirmation in tree rings and ice cores mean cross referencing of an earth older than ten thousand years. And Troop above knew that - as we all do.

Give it up, mate, you are getting nowhere quoting Creationist misunderstandings and misinformation.

Old 08-30-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
It would make no difference to the fossil and geological record, the DNA amd the fact of natural selection even if they did - or a Stegosaur roaming Cambodia. Just another living fossil.
No that is not true, every time a new scientific discovery is made it proves all current science wrong and the Bible correct. That is the main reason that the anti Christian scientists keep researching so that they can prove the Bible right. At least this seems to be the impression I get from the creationist. The other day o watched a video with Neil degrasse Tyson and he stated that it was a scientist who was also a Jesuit priest who took the calculations of Hubble and came up with what became known as the Big Bang.

Old 08-30-2015, 02:50 PM

468 posts, read 265,797 times
As with all rebellions In all kingdoms they must be crushed .
I am starting to understand God's severity and why he must deal so harshly with it .
I pitty you.
And a realize how humbly I need to walk before him and pray I do not swallow a lie .
But as he promised ,
A love for truth will keep us free.

Old 08-30-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
As with all rebellions In all kingdoms they must be crushed .
I am starting to understand God's severity and why he must deal so harshly with it .
I pitty you.
And a realize how humbly I need to walk before him and pray I do not swallow a lie .
But as he promised ,
A love for truth will keep us free.
You are quite comical. You should do stand up. I especially liked the part about you being humble. LOL

Old 08-30-2015, 03:48 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
They were created 4000 years ago ...
Please tell us you're being sarcastic and not serious.

Old 08-30-2015, 03:54 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
You are quite comical. You should do stand up. I especially liked the part about you being humble. LOL
I enjoyed the part where he said (could have been another thread) he was going to stop posting and have a beer. Though, considering what he'd posted, I was surprised he didn't say, "another" beer.

But a fundamentalist saying he was going to stop posting because he was going to go drink beer......very entertaining. Few, especially the finger shakers, are so open about their adult beverage indulgences.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 08-30-2015 at 04:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality