Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 09:28 PM

791 posts, read 2,953,050 times

Advertisements

What religion says that you are going straight to hell in a hand basket if you are an evil bad person? (murderers, child molester, etc..)

What religion states that there is right and wrong not just what feels good?
and at the same time doesn't tell you that your a sinner every time you go to church?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 09:35 PM

23,001 posts, read 34,311,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteblue View Post
What religion says that you are going straight to hell in a hand basket if you are an evil bad person? (murderers, child molester, etc..)

What religion states that there is right and wrong not just what feels good?
and at the same time doesn't tell you that your a sinner every time you go to church?
None that I know of teach these things. But I can say I believe the Bible teaches the only way to Heaven is through Jesus and He does save evil people too.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
None that I know of teach these things. But I can say I believe the Bible teaches the only way to Heaven is through Jesus and He does save evil people too.
That is not what I want to hear I am not sharing heaven with Hitler that's for sure.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
That is not what I want to hear I am not sharing heaven with Hitler that's for sure.
Well I don't know for sure, but I doubt Hitler accepted Jesus as His Savior before he died. But Jesus does forgive ALL who ask. Christian are still sinners, just saved sinners.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Well I don't know for sure, but I doubt Hitler accepted Jesus as His Savior before he died. But Jesus does forgive ALL who ask. Christian are still sinners, just saved sinners.
Sorry to ask questions that may have obvious answers to you but....
Why are all Christians sinners, no matter how good you try to live you're life you are still a sinner, why? it makes it sound like why try to be a better person so you can be just a little less of a sinner? I understand that none of us are perfect but isn't sin imply something really bad?

So do you believe that just because a murderer says he accepts Jesus as his savior then all is good, that just doesn't seem right at all, no wonder why all those guys in prison find God.

Sorry I am just trying to understand.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:28 AM

140 posts, read 290,062 times
Default :)

God is love and forgiveness, all knowing---and he still loves you!!! lol

The evil man does
The ignorance
and denial
The total pig-headed refusal to see the present love of god?

You tell me, you already know!

We are on a journey, a seeking and return
to that perfect place
Some of us just see more clearly
The one and the way
our inevitable return to the Godhead.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Why are all Christians sinners, no matter how good you try to live you're life you are still a sinner, why? it makes it sound like why try to be a better person so you can be just a little less of a sinner? I understand that none of us are perfect but isn't sin imply something really bad?

So do you believe that just because a murderer says he accepts Jesus as his savior then all is good, that just doesn't seem right at all, no wonder why all those guys in prison find God.

Don't apologize for asking questions, that's how we all learn. I believe everyone is a sinner, even when we become Christians we still sin. It's not about being good, none of us can be good enough for Heaven, that's why Jesus died on the cross. Romans 3:23-24 "For all have sinned and fall short of God's glorious standard. Yet now God in His gracious kindness declares us not guilty. He has done this through Christ Jesus, who has freed us by taking away our sins". Even after becoming a Christian we still sin because we are still in a fallen world but 1 John 1:9 "But if we confess our sins to Him, He is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong".
Isaiah 64:6 " We are all infected and impure with sin. When we proudly display our righteous deeds, we find they are but filthy rags. Like autumn leaves, we wither and fall and our sins like the wind, sweep us away".
Our best efforts are worthless, our only hope is in Jesus who can cleanse us and bring us into God's presence.
I believe that a murderer can find forgiveness in Jesus, if they ask Jesus into their heart and repent of their sin, that is the kind of Lord we have, forgiving.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:10 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,432,543 times
Quote:

The word "Sin" is an archery term it means "to miss the mark". God's mark for us is righteousness. That is living knowing what is right and what is wrong but still choosing the right. That is why God put the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the garden of Eden. God wanted us to live righteously. But man chose to do his own thing. He chose that his way was better than God's, that he could do whatever he wanted. But there were consequences to his actions and most of the problems you now see around you today were caused by this initial sin.

Because Adam sinned, representing all of Mankind we all have been born into this sin nature. But there is an answer and that is Jesus Christ. God sent his Son into the world to save us from the sin nature and it's effects upon us. All we have to do is accept Jesus Christ and we no longer are forced to dwell in this sin nature. We can be forgiven and reunited with our creator.

The part that is often confussing is the difference between innocence and sin. A baby is innocent and incapable of doing many things. Yet, they have been born into the same sinful nature as all of us. They are still required to be separated from God because of that same sin nature even though they have not committed any violence or done what we believe is bad. What Adam and Eve did in the garden in their disobedience has caused that much damage. Yet God in his mercy gave us his Son and sent him as a baby. So that he could redeem all of us.

Questioning is not a problem. But it does become a problem when someone gives you the answer and you reject it. Just like a person who is drowning, if they don't take the life preserver thrown to them they will die not because help was unavailable, but because they did not accept the way it came. Jesus is the life preserver. Take hold of him and don't let go.

We as Christians do not try to be better, because we cannot be better than Christ. If we try to do it on our own out of our own righteousness it is like we are spitting upon the Christ himself making his work on the cross of none effect. Rather we let God work in us, changing us into the nature of his Son, Jesus Christ. By doing this we have nothing to boast and all the work is God's along. May he be blessed forever.

And because of this goodness of God the Murderer who only deserves death is given the kingdom of God through the righteousness of Jesus Christ if they seek his forgiveness. So it is herein that lies the mystery that has been hidden from the beginning. This is a glorious word that God does not respect presons but gives freely to all who ask. So the Murderers you hate and wish to go to hell, God loves and gave his life for them because he created them and wants them to be with him for eternity. Gods righteousness covers us, even us who never committed sin, but are no better than the Murderer, yet he allows us to be with him aswell.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:28 PM

21,978 posts, read 19,093,889 times
Quote:
What if Hitler is there because we all do go to heaven? We are all beloved and equal in God's eyes. ALL OF US.

My understanding is this is exactly what happens! We all go the same place after, a warm and loving and welcoming place, to review our life and figure out what to do next time. So I expect Hitler will be there, along with my grandmother and Martin Luther King and the rest! I sort of like the idea of a very equalizing heaven....there is way too much hatred on earth, I look forward to pure love in heaven!

Old 01-29-2008, 03:36 PM

21,978 posts, read 19,093,889 times
The church home you choose needs to feel compatible with your beliefs, and whether you feel / agree / believe you are a sinner who needs to be cleansed.

Yes, there are church homes that do NOT talk at you this way. You have a choice about what you believe, what you say about yourself, and where you put yourself regarding what the church says about you.

I choose not to walk around calling myself a "sinner" or otherwise engaging in name-calling that makes me feel bad and worthless.

I choose instead the messages that god is pure love, I am a child of god, god loves me at all times. I don't have to do anything to "earn" God's love, that is what grace is all about, it is freely given. What God wants for me is a life filled with joy and delight, not tapes running in my head about judgment for myself or others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality