Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 01:33 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Maybe we can use it in case the Martians decide to attack. We activate the FODI, they bounce off and decide to invade Venus instead. This will save the Pentagon a TON of money.

It could be the one positive thing about fundamentalism: protection from UFO's.
Naw, I'm sure if the Martians read your posts they will see no need to even come here for fear of the incapacitated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 01:39 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
"In 21:16, the angel measures the city with a golden rod or reed, and records it as 12,000 stadia by 12,000 stadia at the base, and 12,000 stadia high. A stadion is usually stated as 185 meters, or 607 feet, so the base has dimensions of about 2220 km by 2220 km, or 1380 miles by 1380 miles. In the ancient Greek system of measurement, the base of the New Jerusalem would have been equal to 144 million square stadia, 4.9 million square kilometers or 1.9 million square miles (roughly midway between the sizes of Australia and India)"
Will the city have trash pickup?

Old 09-22-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Will the city have trash pickup?
There is no trash in God's kingdom. Nothing is thrown on the trash heap and that goes for you too.

Old 09-22-2015, 02:33 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
There is no trash in God's kingdom. Nothing is thrown on the trash heap and that goes for you too.
Guess you don't have to worry about sewage either, as apparently scat doesn't have to flow downhill.

Old 09-22-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Guess you don't have to worry about sewage either, as apparently scat doesn't have to flow downhill.
I don't have to worry about anything.

Old 09-22-2015, 02:50 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
No trash, eh? Not even food waste? Will I be able to eat chicken wing bones in God's kingdom?

Old 09-22-2015, 03:23 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
No trash, eh? Not even food waste? Will I be able to eat chicken wing bones in God's kingdom?
When it comes to make believe, all is possible.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:48 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
The FODI is impenetrable. Do not expect to prevail.
Once again you are correct....

Old 09-22-2015, 07:37 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
The land was submerged by water. I don't know what else to call it other than a flood.
It does not say that the earth got submerged by water. Stop reading things into the text.

Quote:
"Yahweh says that He formed the earth to be indwelt (Isa.45:18). He ought to know, for it was His
work. We cannot reason about it, for we have no premises on which to base our logic. But there is
nothing unreasonable in the implication that, if it became chaos and vacant, it was not so before. This
becomes a certainty" (A.E. Knoch).
Yeah, so what. You keep quoting this verse as if it has any bearing on the text it does not. This has been explained to you a number of times. He did form it to be indwelt - that is exactly what he did in verses 3-31. There was no prior earth that got destroyed by a flood so it did not become chaos and vacant - the creation started out from that pre-existing material - a watery chaotic mass The first creative act is in verse 3 not 1. I explained this as well in that thread you just walked away from when your defenses failed. Genesis 1:1 is not a creative act therefore Genesis 1:2 is not the result of God creating the earth in chaos. If you would understand this you would have no reason to quote Is. 45:18 as counter to my position. But you willfully ignore and forget these things that have been taught you because you want to hold onto a failed position.

Quote:
Actually it has everything to do with the text. You just saying it doesn't does not mean it doesn't.
I think you should get over your own interpretation which has no merit contextually or grammatically.
I have not just said it I have explained it to you very thoroughly in this thread: Genesis 1:1-3 Go ahead reread it and try to remember this time that you have no basis whatsoever for your silly interpretations. See posts 87, 112, and 127 in particular.

Old 09-23-2015, 04:07 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
The FODI is impenetrable. Do not expect to prevail.
It doesn't matter. The absurd exhibition our pal Eusebius is putting on is probably doing more to help the cause of Bibledoubt than all the posting we can do.

I loved the ...hang on...'The land was submerged by water. I don't know what else to call it other than a flood.'

Of course he does - the Biblical flood. The Flood of Noah. The Flood of Genesis. Evidence of a flood that was not total is evidence that the Biblical flood in NOT true.

To clarify the apologetics opportunity for crafty equivocation, the Biblical flood may describe an evidence - supported global (but not total) flood (1). But the evidence- supported global (but not total) flood does not support the Biblical one.

The discussion about God's light is of course light years from the Genesis -refuting day and night before the sun was made argument, which is itself light years from transitional Hominid fossils. I would guess that Mensa and June are letting the thread go on because Eusebius in denial -mode is worth two divisions to atheism.

Quote:
Sorry, but there are millions of reasons that the Bible flood historical account is a sure thing.
Evey one of the dozens you have produced has turned out to be no reason at all. I doubt that the others are any better.

Badlander will find out that the ONLY argument you have is 'It's in the Bible, so it must be true'. All the rest is admittedly ingenious explanation to get around problems. They eventually run into further problems and then you revert to evasion and denial.

But let your latest opponent find out for himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Maybe we can use it in case the Martians decide to attack. We activate the FODI, they bounce off and decide to invade Venus instead. This will save the Pentagon a TON of money.

It could be the one positive thing about fundamentalism: protection from UFO's.
If only. There was a comic strip showing how an alien invasion would be particularly easy here if Fundies ran the world. They would simply deny that it was happening, and anyway, God would save them (2).

Quote:
I don't have to worry about anything.
Faith - based denial of everything, problems, doubts, facts, evidence, being wrong. You can't beat it..literally.

(1) though I don't think it does. I think Noah's flood is based on the Babylon flood story which is based on purely local floods in the Mesopotamian valley

(2)..in fact. If a hostile race who wanted to enslave the world played their cards right, they would simply announce that they were all fervent Fundy Christians on their home planet. The Fundies would love it and eagerly collaborate in their plan to enslave and exploit us all for their own benefit.....in fact...

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 09-23-2015 at 05:35 AM.. Reason: yeah...put the foopnote right at the bottom, so they'll have to read the whole thing to find it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality