Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 04:55 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times

Advertisements

See unbelievers may not see the evil in the world and attracting the devil which effects of more evil happening , as the revelations say that God will bring tribulation on the world in the end of time and the people who were unbelievers would not repent or try to stop the evil and more tribulations were put on the people of the earth and still many unbelievers fail to repent and turn from the wickedness ..... So many signs the unbelievers will ignore every time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 05:00 PM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
See unbelievers may not see the evil in the world and attracting the devil which effects of more evil happening , as the revelations say that God will bring tribulation on the world in the end of time and the people who were unbelievers would not repent or try to stop the evil and more tribulations were put on the people of the earth and still many unbelievers fail to repent and turn from the wickedness ..... So many signs the unbelievers will ignore every time
People who don't believe in the Invisible Burrito Creature are helping to bring about the End of the World. Repent of your unbelief in the IBC before it's too late.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:15 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
Quote:
Unbelievers and their unbelieving are confirmation of prophesy. So, if we do repent and start believing, will tribulation prophesy be null and void? Geez, no wonder non-christians are disliked so much: it's all our fault.

Last edited by Ginge McFantaPants; 09-17-2015 at 06:50 AM..

Old 09-18-2015, 02:22 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,346,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHumbleWitness View Post
Dear Friends, certainly you have observed the striking escalation of natural, manmade and unexplained events in our increaslingly volatile world. No one of sound mind can deny that something extraordinary is taking place in our generation. Earthquakes, volcanism, floods, fires and weather related disasters are up a hundred fold from a mere decade ago. The same holds true for global conflict, famine and human suffering throughout the world. Even the natural world seems to be falling apart, huge numbers of fish, birds and mamals are dying withour apparent cause. Just a few monthis aqgo 121,000 rare antelope died all at once for no apparent reason.

What's going on? Things are not right with the world. Humanity does not have an answer for any of this. Even the heavens seem to be saying something to us. The blood moons tetrad on Jewish holy days is a significant event that we cannot deny. every time these have happened, three occurances in the last 600 years, somethin BIG has happened with the nation of Israel. Why should this time be any different? There are just too many signs for us to ignore. How can you explain any of this in human terms. The truth is thaqt everything is lining up exactly as Bible prophecy says it will. I just want to know how we can go on denying what seems so obvious???????
Everyone is born ignorant. It's not a crime. REMAINING ignorant in this age of instant information is something of a tragedy however. A reddish colored moon is a "sign" that the moon has moved through the Earth's shadow, and that's ALL that it is. In the 21st century this is well understood and entirely predictable. Our ancient ancestors, being themselves ignorant of the movements of the moon, thought that the unusual coloration of the moon must certainly mean something important and dramatic was about to occur. That's because they were ignorant! But at least THEY had an excuse. They didn't have the Internet where such things can easily be looked up and understood.

Blood Moon Prophecy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On April 15, 2014, there was a total lunar eclipse. It was the first of four consecutive total eclipses in a series, known as a tetrad; a second one took place on October 8, 2014, third one on April 4, 2015 and the remaining one will take place on September 28, 2015. It is one of eight tetrads during the 21st century AD.[1] As with most lunar eclipses, the moon appeared red during the April 15 eclipse.[2][3] The red color is caused by Rayleigh scattering of sunlight through the Earth's atmosphere, the same effect that causes sunsets to appear red.
Blood Moon Prophecy From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Christian evangelists make a habit out of declaring the end times to be at hand. The most recent to make national headlines was radio evangelist Harold Camping, who made several end time predictions, the most recent in 2011. Notice that we are still all here. Harold Camping and John Hagee are just the latest in a long line of pathetic DOB's that are certain that they will experience the second coming during their lifetimes. DOB, that's short hand for "Dumb Old B@$t@rd's."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Camping

Old 09-18-2015, 11:23 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
So many signs the unbelievers will ignore every time
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHumbleWitness View Post
Oh, a flat earther atheist. Wow are you out of touch.

My response is, "Have you ever bothered to read Revelation? Do you understand what you’re reading?"

Revelation 1:1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must happen at once (Greek =Τάχος = tachos).

Revelation 22:6 Then the angel said to me, “These words are reliable and true. The Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must happen soon.†(Greek = Τάχος = tachos).

The Greek word Τάχος (tachos) means “quickly, without delay, soon, at once.†Twenty centuries, two millennia or 2,000 years, however you want to call it is not “quickly, without delay, soon, at once.â€

To adopt the position that the prophecies have not yet begun, one must reject god, reject the word of god, reject the prophet John of Patmos, and reject the Greek language.

For those who disagree and believe that Revelation refers to "Future" events that have not yet happened, the standard is "strict proof."

Pedantic musings based on sophistry, tautology, psychotic fantasies or irrational beliefs are not strict proof. Strict proof means providing clear and convincing evidence that:

1) the Greek word Τάχος (tachos) does not mean “quickly, without delay, soon, at once;â€

AND

2) the Greek word Τάχος (tachos) means “in the far distant future, millennia from now, centuries from now, thousands of years from now, eras from now, epochs from now, eons from now, etc.â€

Revelation 22:10 Then he said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy contained in this book, because the time is near."

This is further proof that those of the "Rapture Tribulation Fantasy" crowd don’t actually read the texts or if they do, they don’t understand what they are reading, or they do understand, but in a heinous way most satanic, their intent is to hide this information from you in order to deceive you. That’s why they cherry-pick verses.

...“Do not seal up the words of the prophecy…â€

Unsealed prophecies happen now, soon, quickly, immediately, at once, without delay, within days, weeks or months.

Prophecies that are “sealed†are intended to happen in the far distant future, meaning they do not begin to unfold for centuries.

That is not my opinion or interpretation; rather that is what the texts actually say.

Again, dogmatic rants based on sophistry, tautology, psychotic fantasies or irrational beliefs are not strict proof. Here’s my evidence:

Daniel
8:26 The vision of the evenings and mornings that was told to you is correct. But you should seal up the vision, for it refers to a time many days from now.â€

Daniel 12:4 “But you, Daniel, close up these words and seal the book until the time of the end.â€

Daniel
12:8 (b) So I said, “Sir, what will happen after these things?†12:9 He said, “Go, Daniel. For these matters are closed and sealed until the time of the end.
Isaiah 29:11 To you this entire prophetic revelation is like words in a sealed scroll. When they hand it to one who can read and say, “Read this,†he responds, “I can’t, because it is sealed.â€

These prophecies were “sealed†because they weren't intended to begin unfolding until centuries later.
Revelation 22:10 Then he said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy contained in this book, because the time is near.

The prophecies of Revelation were unsealed because they began immediately, without delay.

Jesus didn't come back when he was supposed to come back, so everyone get over it already.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:57 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Jesus didn't come back when he was supposed to come back, so everyone get over it already.
I disagree. I have a neighbor named Jesus and he just came back from Mexico.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:08 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,320,590 times
Quote:
LOL! What gets me about this post is how it's all the fault of the "unbelievers."

It's so typical of the fascist mentality to scapegoat those who aren't riding on their bandwagon.

It's the fault of the witches! No, it's the fault of the Jews! No, it's all the Catholic's fault! Heaven's no, it's the Muslims! It's the gays! It's the liberals! It's the damn ACLU!!!

But it's never their OWN fault. Ever notice that?

These kinds of Christians can't even imagine the idea that, just maybe, God is mad at THEM and their OWN sins. How many self-proclaimed Christians don't bother repenting very often ... if ever? I bet tens of millions of them. But it's never their fault. It's OUR fault, the fault of the atheist (and anyone else who isn't a Christian).

This is the kind of ignorance that caused such events as the Holocaust, the Salem Witch Trials, the Spanish Inquisition, the ethnic cleansing in Bosnia/Herzegovina, the atrocities of ISIS, the Iranian Revolution and the thousands summarily executed by Khomeini, the 9/11 tragedy, the persecution of women and cats during the Black Death, and dozens upon dozens of others.

It's all THEIR fault, those people over there, those that believe differently, worship differently, wear funny hats, speak with an accent, have different colored skin, back a different political party, etc.

Oh, and on one final note:

Yeah, as an unbeliever I tried ignoring the signs once. I ended up getting a ticket for running a stop sign. Now I'm acutely aware of the signs, thanks. Not all unbelievers are the same.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:29 PM

360 posts, read 233,987 times
What is worse, what is going on in nature or what humans are doing to the planet? Throughout the world are political, economic, and religious turmoil and wars. The Middle East is exploding with revolutions, terrorism, and every other kind of instability. Isis wants to make the world an Islamic state (Caliphate). Russia is flexing its muscles to regain the Old USSR empire. Adding even more fuel to regional political and economic turmoil, Iran may be on the verge of breaking out with a nuclear arsenal. Europe is in crisis trying to cope with millions of refuges. And the USA is in political gridlock with weak and ineffective leadership.

Last edited by earl012; 09-18-2015 at 01:52 PM..

Old 09-21-2015, 02:27 PM

36 posts, read 40,300 times
I don't think anything will turn the hearts of those who choose to disbelieve as a matter of faith. That's right, faith. Nowadays, when science is increasingly validating the existance of God, and more scientists than ever before claim to believe in God, and are writing books about how science brought them to such a belief, it takes a true act of faith to discount the possibility that our universe is indeed a CREATION by a magnificant, majestic, almighty GOD.

I would suggest that it now takes more faith to be an atheist than it does to be a believer.

Science describes our "reality" as a mere illusion, a holographic instance that cannot be the true reality. in essence, science, particularly the science of quantum physics, is telling us that there is a greater reality than that which we can percieve here. Funny, that's what the Bible has been saying for 3000 years.

Unbelievers claim that there are not sufficient "facts" to modify their reasoning. However, science itself is providing the facts, but still they do not listen, so what's the point? You have your faith, I have mine. I choose to believe science when it says that the most complicated warehouse of information, DNA, cannot be the result of blind chance since that would violate the first precept of information theory. I choose to believe science when it says that there are over 300 low probability factors that all must be in place in the right order and tuning before a planet can sustain life as we know it. I believe science when it says that there is a greater likelyhood of a tornado passing through a junkyard and constructing a fully functional 747 jet than all of these 300+ factors falling into place by chance. I go where the facts take me, and the facts support GOD!!!! Don't get me wrong, I came to know God by faith, but it's nice to see science finally coming around.

So, nonbelievers, practice your faith of disbelief. In one way or another you are all part of God's plan, whenther you like it or not. However, I do pray for you to rethink your stance on the matter, as it would go much better for you in the end if you do. God Bless!!!!!

Old 09-21-2015, 04:37 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Here's your sign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality